The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigred

Its not what the corroberee can do for you

Its what you can do for the corroboree .Lately there has been a lot of bad vibes and flame wars and just general un kindness . I love this site it recharges me and gives me faith in humanity as i have meet some of the best people i have ever known . I don't know what the problem with some members are but we need to be forgiving and not let trolls get to you . Everyone has something positive to offer and also something negative .I don't know why i started this thread but lets us leed us by example . I have not been on the site lately and when i see new members disrespecting the peaceful vibes it makes me wonder are we evolving into a shromery type site . So what can YOU do for the Corroboree that will benifit others as we are loosing the educational side (which is why i love this site ) in exchange for threads that openly threaten members or promote stupid ideas .Lets raise the bar Everybody and bring back good vibes and manners and above all content

I think unfortunately bigred forum members are humans and humans have their flaws. We have a terrific mod team who keep shiZ on a handle its no different then it ever has been. The flame wars and Whatevs are over nothing and soon pander out.

I think maybe give mods a thumbs up- trying to keep a forum frequented by humans is no easy task.

I think if something is horrendous use the report button more often.

I don't know about the educational side- there are still excellent informative threads being posted, but what more can we discover out there without re writing a zillion past posts?

I know I post a lot of SHIT that I am trying to reign in. It's hard, at the start I ONLY used this for educational reasons. I learned of some fricken gurus- T, Rev, Gom, PH, Darcy, Darklight to name but a few- there are riches untold I. The rabbit warrens of this forum. Then I met people of the forum and I thought wow these peeps are cool, and to be honest 50% of my social life IS sab and sabbers, so now it's switched from educational to "gasp" purely social. I'm one of them. I'm sorry, I think it would benefit the forum if I had someone on the forum that could tell me to pipe down every once and a while!

i miss pat uri,

and that other guy (around the same time) had some excellent info

Well I came here for the cacti and it's still mostly about that but I have to admit I do like pulling up a ringside seat and voyeuristically enjoying some of the trainwreck threads we have had happening lately.

Makes me feel good knowing there's lots crazier people than me out there.

I say let the games continue......

Getafix

Seems pretty cozy to me... or maybe I just miss the shenanigans... but even the the gripes forum seems to be pretty tame.

post-4643-0-89676900-1434633219_thumb.jp

post-4643-0-89676900-1434633219_thumb.jpg

post-4643-0-89676900-1434633219_thumb.jpg

where is the flame war?

post a link god damn it

and now I bless you with the curse of the imaginative ape.

some modern ape drinking blue wine after a long time thinking about apes becoming people no?

hello

twin -

flame

.. power

to inflame !

uni -

Verse

.. cosmic

Poetry!

Dont

Degrade

threads

You're right tho, BigRed.

Personally I find myself wishing there were a lot more reports available to read through and find interesting clues about particular things but I understand (especially from T's perspective) that we have to be careful to a point.

So I find myself coming here for the social and philosophical interaction. Some people are easily offended; some aren't. Some use trolling/flaming to get attention (personally I think there's usually serious mental health issues associated with that but that's a whole conversation), so I generally try to balance out the "giving" with the "taking". YMMV.

ps I posted that macro because I thought it was funny, end of story ;)

Lovely people, cool plants, and expansion of horizons. Chuck in a bit of Melrose Place and it's a very pleasant place to spend time, not to mention entertaining and informative. :wink:

It's not gonna be a "strayan" forum without some b grade home and away episodes every now and then. It's aussie!

Eh? What have I missed?

Ive noticed this,

I have trouble reconciling the contrast

Of the many people I meet doing medicine work ,with barely a negative vibe between them.

And some of the low vibration purge masquerading as communication on our beloved forum.

Surely people who have come in from tending their garden and plants shouldn't be angry.

Nice thread Bigred.

Been thinking of posting a yhread like this for a while.... as I have noticed a lot more negativity on the forum. But I guess it is understandable as we are all human and its hard to remeber that every single member on here is an individual person and has their own problems and shit going on.... but still that's no reason to be rude or mean. Even if someone post's some bullshit..... some people need to follow the thing where if ypu haven't got anything nice or constructive to say dont say anything at all!!

Anyways peace and love to you all!!!

to be -
or not to be
.. patient
gynaecology !

lol, are you trying to insinuate that you have to be patient to be taping some honey?

Because I completely disagree! You got to be fully on the ball for that shit.