The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

Top 1 animal to bring to the ethno island

a couple of moo cows. shitting rainbow ones would be alright but i'd choose cows anyway.

milk, conveniently milked by somebodies kitchen implement slash actual human being with dreams and feelings and domestic skills.

butter, fuck yeah butter. you know it. good for making average vegetables into tasty vegetables.

ghee, from butter, perhaps the best and most diverse of cooking oils.

when daisy kicks the bucket you get:

leather, for mad max outfits.

gelatin i think, which i am told is used for things.

horns, for drinking out of. i'm sick of looking at coconuts plus i think this scenario calls for maximum viking. one day it's a leg so your poorly-conceived cup idea will remain upright, next it's the longboat, a vessel so advanced cunts had to invent castles to hide from them.

meat. i don't eat it, but flies seem to like it.

• Like 1

Oh? These are animals to shag and not eat?

Hmm if so I'd choose a really attractive doe-

Kinda like a bambis mum look-a-like. And of the sex ever becomes boring I can eat her?

Pass? Basic primal needs are all covered with bambis mum.

• Like 1

watcha gunna do for a bull so them cows give milk thunder?

*pats bitey outbreak monkey

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 2

the OP stated that you get a breeding pair. i'll enclose the bull with coconut fronds and seaweed so he doesn't gore me, and let daisy roam around seeking the lushest sand to eat.

.. but this isn't about me it's about your suspicious choice.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 3

fark....I dont wanna be breeding bitey monkeys

one monkey, one thousand monkeys. either way your choice spells catastrophe now explain yourself.

• Like 2

It would be good if u had one of those shag birds that u tie on a string then let go and pull it back when it has a fish.maybe put a hook on a rubber band on its back in case it gets eaten by a shark. Like a fish catching bird tied to a heavy shark and Rock proof line with a hook attatched to its back by rubber band which is in no way hurting or impeding the bird, I'll actually have one of them AND a pregnant sow. For realsies.

• Like 2

Kangaroos so we could all have one of these

117329-tacky-souvenirs.jpg

• Like 2

yeah i would take my fave goat flopsy, if she was pregnant id be set for ages prolly.

I think goats are the best at turning crappy shrubs into either meat or milk, they dont have to drink as much as pigs or sheep too. Goat milk's nicer than pig milk too.

• Like 3

But is pig milk better than dog milk?

• Like 1

Where is human breast milk on the scale? Lol.

if i remember back to those strange years in my teens, its better than all of them

• Like 4

Your island would turn into dr Moreau HB

if i remember back to those strange years in my teens

when you taught yourself to lactate?

• Like 4

im going to bring a velocipossum.

Its a velociraptor x possum that will help me keep all you hippies away from my island :-)

• Like 1

^^why not?

Doesn't curdle via acid (eg. lactic fermentation, lemon juice, etc), so unless you find some loophole to bring a cow along as well and then slaughter it & dry out its stomach to get yourself some rennet, you're going to have trouble turning breastmilk into curds for cheesemaking. Other milks will curdle if you just let them sour a bit & heat them. So while milking humans might be more fun... do you really want to live the rest of your hermit island existence without cheese?

im going to bring a velocipossum.

Nooo! As if letting them learn how to open doors wasn't bad enough, now you want them to climb trees as well! Drop-bears, drop-velociposses... did you learn NOTHING from Jurassic Park?

• Like 1

Nooo! As if letting them learn how to open doors wasn't bad enough, now you want them to climb trees as well! Drop-bears, drop-velociposses... did you learn NOTHING from Jurassic Park?

Not only can they open doors and climb the fuck out of trees but it will keep you awake at night from the constant scurrying in your makeshift roof. So no, no i learnt nothing

• Like 1

Can't make cheese out of it though.

not sure....but i did learn recently that one can make quite a tasty yoghurt

with ones vagina if one has one.....and fortunately my 'kitchen appliance' came

with a built in fully functioning vagina so narny narny nar nar :)

• Like 2

Not only can they open doors and climb the fuck out of trees but it will keep you awake at night from the constant scurrying in your makeshift roof.

I think I'd prefer Bitey the outbreak monkey.

I might die bleeding from the eyes, but at least I'd get a good night's sleep first.

• Like 1

I dunno why you're all choosing land animals - you're stuck on an island with only five plants & a spatula... seems to me the best animals in this scenario would be the ones that help you leave - maybe a nice matched pair of dolphins or orca or something that you can harness up to some kind of awesome sea chariot.

• Like 1

Much as I hate his politics, Chris Pyne is actually quite funny. Check out his banter with Amanda ca stone on that Canberra cooking show with pollies....

Anyway as much as I love my cats I'd hate to think how much they'd decimate the native life so blue cattle dogs would be my pick, been connected with them since I first befriended a stray at two years old at dads worksite (unfortunately some know dog baiting locals were seen picking her up in their ute :( )

Chooks are a good choice but plenty of bird life to adapt to eating instead.