The Corroboree
nexus92

yall not from around these parts r y boi ah he he heeee..... ... ... :0

Yes, yes and YES ive tried searching for the answer but it was a fail.

When and Where do P.cubs grow in Australia.

I know their typically found in queensland but when is the season. rainy humid i hear

Specifically, please answer the question like this. its simple and others will understand it.

" P.cubes grow from (Northern city/town) A to Southern city/town B and the season starts on the month of X and finnishes on the month of X.

example format - cubes grow from cairns to coffs harbour starting from june to October.

thanks for your help

ps im not normally so instructive, just frustraed with the lack of info im getting on the search engines...

cheers

Probably because they are illegal to possess and/or consume in Australia... :wink:

I do recall a thread regarding them though started by some rando in SE QLD

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38029

Check the dates I guess.

As far as precise dates go I think you'll find that there is no such thing. Cubes in particular are dependent on rainfall and humidity. So I guess the answer to your question regarding dates is "When the rains come!" :huh:

We may not be able to give you what you want - fungi don't follow a calendar, they follow the weather. And if there are no colonies in a particular area, it doesn't matter how ideal the weather & habitat might be for that particular species. Sometimes you see perfect cow paddocks right in the middle of a great fungal zone, but they produce nothing because the spores haven't been introduced to that area.

But yes, you're on the right track - rainy, humid & warm is when you want to be looking. I seem to remember hearing that cubensis wanted "hot days, cool nights, and damp grass" to fruit, but I don't know if you want to be be taking that to heart as a scientific formula.

• Like 1

Anytime from November to march is a starting point, depending on your latitude, altitude, precipitation and felixifelicis.

• Like 2

yeh rains with any fungi are always a blessing and very much looked fwd to

please make sure you can rule out any bad lookalikes if you have em over in your country and always be safe whatever your fungal plight entails..

i dnno these particular ones but they're very pretty for sure. and pretty famous too.

but there's nothing wrong with studying all fungi 24/7 so you can know them better and there's many that can help with anything from health related things - to super fitness and longevity..

there's so much literature out there on these ones umentioned though and they sure do make a beautiful impact in the hobby and study and i guess almost "religion" of mycology..

im guessing from all the jokes about "holy shit" and sacred cows from usa would help toward location finding :)

good luck mycologically and have a fantastic day!

• Like 1

The good thing about cubes is they are pretty much impossible to mistake for anything else in the wild.

• Like 1

SImple enough question deserves simple answer:

From Taree to Cooktown between the months of November to April.

• Like 1

Anytime from November to march is a starting point, depending on your latitude, altitude, precipitation and felixifelicis.

was going to like this for containing a word i'd never encountered.

but it's NOT A WORD, is it?

liked for pop culture reference.

• Like 2