The Corroboree
Gimli

3 Aussie ISIS members want to return home...

I think we need to find out why/how young muslims are being lured into fighting and then stopping it at the source, These ones might have that info.

The main book they worship is full of instructions for terrorists, other books are similar as well. I can't see how you can worship that book and not take all the evil shit literally.

Shit like this

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

or this

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth

or this

And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction.

I could go on and on with over 100 other quotes of a similar nature.

The book is a terrorists handbook and to be a good muslim you are supposed to do what the book says.

As for bringing the IS members back here to educate people, I can't ever see that happening.

If a muslim is to renounce islam then their family members are expected to murder them because they have brought shame onto the family. Just like the family members are expected murder any woman in their family who has been raped.

People might have rational caring attitudes about muslims and be accepting and open to them, but you have to realise they are at war with everyone that is not a muslim. This is not a new thing it's been going on for around 1400 years.

They move into a country and plan to convert it to islam - every time

It's happened in many countries over the years and is planned for Australia, Britain, the US and the entire planet eventually.

It's either done in stages or in one large offensive.

Australia is still in the early phase of the process. History has shown that muslims remain moderate until they reach a critical mass and gain a foothold in the political system they are invading. When they start pushing the point to have sharia law established that's when things start heating up.

I realise this seems very much like a hate filled rant, which couldn't be further from the truth. It's just presenting the facts that are written in the book and a reflection of history.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

Australia is still in the early phase of the process.

can explain how australia is in the process of establishing sharia law? either on a local, state or federal government level?

Edited by DiscoStu
  • Like 1

The main book they worship is full of instructions for terrorists, other books are similar as well. I can't see how you can worship that book and not take all the evil shit literally.

Shit like this

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

or this

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth

or this

And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction.

I could go on and on with over 100 other quotes of a similar nature.

The book is a terrorists handbook and to be a good muslim you are supposed to do what the book says.

As for bringing the IS members back here to educate people, I can't ever see that happening.

If a muslim is to renounce islam then their family members are expected to murder them because they have brought shame onto the family. Just like the family members are expected murder any woman in their family who has been raped.

People might have rational caring attitudes about muslims and be accepting and open to them, but you have to realise they are at war with everyone that is not a muslim. This is not a new thing it's been going on for around 1400 years.

They move into a country and plan to convert it to islam - every time

It's happened in many countries over the years and is planned for Australia, Britain, the US and the entire planet eventually.

It's either done in stages or in one large offensive.

Australia is still in the early phase of the process. History has shown that muslims remain moderate until they reach a critical mass and gain a foothold in the political system they are invading. When they start pushing the point to have sharia law established that's when things start heating up.

I realise this seems very much like a hate filled rant, which couldn't be further from the truth. It's just presenting the facts that are written in the book and a reflection of history.

Vile paranoia Sally.

This thread should be in the bitches and gripes where it belongs.........no, it should be deleted like the xenophobic, ill informed and out of context garbage that it is.

• Like 2

What is technically incorrect ?

I didn't make up any of those verses from the quran or the way muslims are expected to act after a rape or after a family member renounces islam. It's all documented fact.

There have been organised public meetings demanding that sharia law is established here too.

The fact that they want the whole world to be converted to islam is also a well documented fact.

I just pointed out facts and now I'm xenophobic.

Christians and Jehovas witnesses shit me to tears too but I don't hate them either (even though that would be socially acceptable and not inspire any ire)

You can choose to ignore over 1000 years of history if that suits you and you can even call me xenophobic if you want.

I've studied the history of Islam so I'm not just making an assesment based on sensationalist news reports.

If you google Hindu kush and indian slaughter see what you find

Edited by Sally

Sally, what crappy website did you copy n paste that shit from. If you know even the slightest thing about the Quran you would know Arabic is a language that doesn't translate well. Especially Quranic Arabic. It is also not a book that can be just read, it requires study, contemplation and the guidance of a scholar to even begin to understand it.

And yes, before you assume otherwise, I can read Arabic.

This whole situation is just bullshit fodder for the uneducated pseudointellectual population and their feeble opinions.

It used to be the Nazis, then the communists now its the islamists who are such a threat to our way of lives. Remind anyone of Orwell's 1984?

Australians kill far more Australians than islamists ever will, shall we strip the citizenship off of all of us just in case?

99% of people in the world, regardless of race, religion whatever just want to put food on the table for their families.

Unfortunately a large proportion of that 99% are entirely incapable of critical thinking and swallow all the crap that's fed to them.......but I guess that's just the human condition.

Something can only be a threat to you if you choose to see it as a threat, its an issue of perception, not some external pressure bearing down off you.

PS - I usually avoid these threads like the plague and kind of wish I did this one too, but fuck it, opinions are worth fuck all, but there's mi e for ya. Enjoy ;)

• Like 3

really isnt it just all relegions that are a threat to devide people?

Everything else stems from that doesnt it?

• Like 4

Fuck religion.

• Like 3

Of course the translation is difficult, that's been a big problem for centuries. Sometimes the translation to English has been done after it's been translated to Latin which only compounds the innacuracies.

The books of the Hadith are used as a reference to interpret the Quran and they have been criticised as being inacurate because there are no originals to verify the material they contain. Some Muslims regect the books of the Hadith completely so their interpretation of the quran is different again. Other Muslims revere the statements in the Hadith and take them as divine words of inspiration.

The need to have someone interpret it is also problematic because the interpretation they provide is only as good as their understanding of it and often clouded by their prejudices and sometimes extreme views. Very similar to what you get when you ask someone about an ambiguous phrase in the bible - personal bias and sometimes complete misinterpretation.

The quran is like the bible in some respects and there's been centuries of debate about the meaning of many of the passages in it even in the Arab speaking population.

This thread wasn't about moderate Muslims it was about extremists that have been overseas on a Jihad holiday. My comments were about them and other extremists that we have in Australia.

If you want to label me as xenophobic, quasi intellectual or anything else because of comments you have taken out of context then cool shoot away.

Edited by Sally

By inferring all Muslims (a faith as diverse and colourful as any faith) share the views of a tiny minority (those upon salafiyyah jihadiyyah methodology) your doing a pretty good job of labelling yourself as xenophobic and quasi-intellectual. You don't need my help.

Maybe you need to re-research your Islamic history and "documented facts".

• Like 2

I used to be very accepting of other cultures.

But that is naive. Some of them are inherently destructive and vicious.

Sally is exactly right with his first post. I saw a leaked BNP video on a secularist site, where someone had sneaked in a camera to a private meeting of self-labelled moderate muslims, who were all massively in favour of instilling sharia law for their own community. That sounds just fine doesn't it, special laws for these people. But then they want it for the entire community. Britain.

We are used to christianity, it is much more honest and in your face about what it wants. And most christians I know push for christian laws within society as a whole, very overtly they push against homosexuality and abortion, among others. Make no mistake, our laws are inherently based on christian morals with a few moderate influences thrown in more recently pretty much only owing to massive public pressure.

Islam is more devious. It hides, it lies - IT IS ENCOURAGED TO LIE TO THE INFIDEL IN ORDER TO SPREAD ISLAM.

People who follow Islam simply cannot be trusted.

It is so secretive, vicious, mysoginist, and ultimately violent where necessary. It brooks no opposition.

Make no mistake, this is a very dangerous group of people, all ideologically opposed to our culture and way off life and they will kill us if they thought it was the best thing to do.

And here we go.....1984 again.

I'm out, back to ignoring these sad bullshit threads.

EDIT : And BNP as a source of information? FFS I hope that was a joke I'm missing.

Edited by Cubism
  • Like 2

I used to be very accepting of other cultures.

Islam is more devious. It hides, it lies - IT IS ENCOURAGED TO LIE TO THE INFIDEL IN ORDER TO SPREAD ISLAM.

People who follow Islam simply cannot be trusted.

It is so secretive, vicious, mysoginist, and ultimately violent where necessary. It brooks no opposition.

Make no mistake, this is a very dangerous group of people, all ideologically opposed to our culture and way off life and they will kill us if they thought it was the best thing to do.

their are laws that prevent individuals from voicing opinions like this.

sally you label yourself with your ignorance, whitewind whatever respect i had for you as a poster on this forum i no longer have.

i choose not to respond to any of your fascist blurbs as often when involving ones self with discussions such as this it only goes to serve the perpetrators of prejudice and hate.

as Cubism says this is a sad bullshit thread.

wallow in your pus.

• Like 1

By inferring all Muslims (a faith as diverse and colourful as any faith) share the views of a tiny minority (those upon salafiyyah jihadiyyah methodology) your doing a pretty good job of labelling yourself as xenophobic and quasi-intellectual. You don't need my help.

Maybe you need to re-research your Islamic history and "documented facts".

So the statement I made in the second last paragraph of my last post somehow infers all muslims share those views.

There's good and bad in all religions, but Islam is the one waging a holy war against the west and our citizens are going there to join in, so on a statistical basis they are not as moderate as you would suggest. I know that all religions have their extremists but Islam seems to generate proportionately more than all the other religions combined - partly because of the breakdown in translation and interpretation we both talked about above.

You can ignore what's going and what's happened over the last 1000 years or so and just love everyone because you are a spiritually evolved being if that's what floats your boat.

I give respect where it's due not where it's politically correct to do so.

• Like 1

Be willfully blind, if you must.

Islam does not only make homosexuality illegal, it insists on the death sentence.

In Iran they get around it by giving people a choice.

Death, or a sex change operation.

Underage marriage is acceptable practice.

Women are treated as chattel to be owned. They can be murdered for the actions of their husbands.

If that is not a threat to you, well lucky you. You'll be just forced to accept archaic rituals.

For many others it is a death sentence. Or lifelong fear and oppression.

Unlike Christianity, which generally accepts that illegal means a jail sentence, at least in it's current form.

Islam hasn't changed a great deal since it first arose.

I mean, seriously. It's not xenohobic or racist. I welcome all Arabs, Indonesians, Africans, whoever.

I just don't like Islam. And I tell you, the BNP video is information. Posted in a SECULAR group.

I don't like the BNP either. Or most religions. I think they are all potentially dangerous.

INFORMATION.

If you don't like information, then you are a fool

I almost became a muslim back in the days when I was a lost soul but the interpretations of some of the verses I was reading just didn't sit right with me.

Questioning local Imams only served to create much more confusion. The term muslim is roughly translated to "one who dedicates his life to god" which was what almost sucked me in. It seems that it's more like "one who belives whatever the Imam says" after questioning several of them from different areas about ambiguous translations of phrases in the quran.

Sorry to offend you so deeply on this issue Pimento & Cubism, I see it's a very important issue to you both. Looking back I could have certainly chosen better wording for my earlier posts.

I'll leave the posts there to remind me of how much of an ass I can be sometimes.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 2

Strict interpretation of any ideology can possibly lead to this kind of behaviour.

At the moment it does indeed seem to be Islam. Maybe it's not so surprising since it is so widespread.

Maybe the fact that it is so widespread, and spreading, and frequently seems to lead to strict interpretation of it's harsh rules

should be something we should all be concerned about.

Before then, it was Stalin.

Before then it was Hitler.

The difference is, that we acknowledge that Stalin and Hitler were wrong, and we have tried to learn from our mistakes.

But it seems to me the dislike of criticising religion, and the misenterpretation of it as being xenophobic, is causing us a lot of problems.

Rightly, you questioned my use of the BNP as a source of information. They are not a good organisation. But I was simply passing on information that they had gathered. Right or wrong, if you decide it is to be disbelieved because it was the BNP, then maybe. But who else is investogating the actual ideology of Islam? Not many. It is not well known, and criticism strongly objected to.

Why do you feel the need to question the BNP but refuse to question the actions of Islamic people when they appear to be two sides of the same coin?

Ask yourself that. In all seriousness, ask yourself why you feel you cannot questions the actions of people who believe in rules that are against human rights.

Fuck.. I just learned Muslims are going to steal Christmas. Bunch of grinches indoctrinating our pure christian fundlementalist culture with sharee. Who is this bitch sharee?

I like information. The trick is distinguishing the bullshit from the utter bullshit.

Allah is a fucking amateur. Allah has to kill a lot more people to catch up to God's high score.

2% of Australia's population worship Allah, which is the same amount of people that use meth in this country. Its a fucking druggo sharee pandemic. I'm never going outside again

Never had a Muslim knock on my door on a Sunday morning offering to save me +1

I like to buy halal certified products. The tax gets syphoned over to Canada where they club baby seals for their fur. Then they send the fur to China where they make baby seal hats for IS members to wear in the winter. That's love!

• Like 3

Sorry to offend you so deeply on this issue Pimento & Cubism, I see it's a very important issue to you both. Looking back I could have certainly chosen better wording for my earlier posts.

I'll leave the posts there to remind me of how much of an ass I can be sometimes.

Sally why do this? If it is what you believe in. Don't be sorry EVER.

I thought what you said was garbage but far from offensive. Now you're probably feeling miserable and embarrassed about standing up for something you believe in. I'm sure nobody was offended

Sally why do this? If it is what you believe in. Don't be sorry EVER.

I thought what you said was garbage but far from offensive. Now you're probably feeling miserable and embarrassed about standing up for something you believe in. I'm sure nobody was offended

I respect both of them - Pimento and Cubism. I didn't want to go to bed knowing I created a rift that didn't need to exist. Obviously two people were offended and made their objections quite clear.

I still stand by (most) of what I said but I fully respect their right to criticise it. I posted it on a public forum, so it was up for scrutiny by the community. They did make some good points.

It was never my intention to create enemies or offend anyone, my comments were contextual and could have easily have been interpreted the way they did - that's why I qualified them with statements to try and emphasise that that wasn't my intention.

I probably should stay out of any religious debate - it seems I've offended 2 people I really respect.

Again sorry to both of you.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 3

I think I'm going to leave this thread also. It's not the first time I have gone up against apologists for people who are anti human rights, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I have a bad taste in my mouth, and I would like to get a good night's sleep.

I honestly don't feel comfortable around people who think that supporting religious rights over human rights is acceptable behaviour.

I also feel inherently unsafe in an environment where people don't stand up against it.

For what it is worth, if those three people who went out to support ISIS are wanting to come home, I am sure that spending more than a few nights with ASIO is better than the hell-hole that is ISIS controlled territory. They will be safer here, that is for sure. We at least attempt to treat people with a modicum of respect, even if it does go wrong sometimes.

I hope these people realise that they have made a huge mistake and aren't coming back out of cowardice and self-preservation, but out of a genuine realisation that what they have supported is evil. It remains to be seen. I do, however, feel sad that they probably have a better chance of coming to a safe place than genuine refugees who are denied entry despite having been victims of the types of people that these men went to support.

Good night everyone, and be grateful you don't live in an oppressive regime that brutally murders the people that don't fit their idea of perfection, and oppresses so many more.

• Like 1

Sigh....
Yeah I could quote things out of the Christian bible and they would be simular.

Shall we ban Christianity? Shall we ban every religion?

Yes ISIS is evil. But saying all Muslims are like ISIS is like saying all Christians are like the Westboro Baptisist Church

Every religion has their extremists that ruin it for the rest.

• Like 3

Pimento, I found your replies to Sally very offensive and agressive.

• Like 1

Been asked top edit my posts.

Since I can't find the specific problem I said all muslims, not some or many

I will make a full apology here. I think my other posts explain how I feel.

#notALLmuslims

#notALLreligiouspeople

Just enough to make me nervous about sharia or any other religious laws

• Like 1

I disagree with:

Child marriage

Death penalty for homosexuals

Murder of women for their husbands behaviour

Violent behaviour towards others

Fascist ideology that supports these behaviours and others with no means of redress

This may or may not apply to some of the groups mentioned or not mentioned in this threads or merely an unspecified number of individuals within those groups

The bible also tells us that if a woman is raped she should be killed with her rapists. Woman are the property of men. Genocide and the violent list just keeps going.

Yeah I hate religion but I am aware that most take the positive teachings and practice that

We don't murder homosexuals like those barbarians. We just treat them like shit. Don't give them the same rights and hopefully they will go and neck themselves like many do because of the way they still get treated by family and society.

Let's not get started on how woman get treated as inferior gender still to this day in our "civilised" society.

I don't fear Islam. I fear the people who fear islam.

Edited by shroomau5
  • Like 3