The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One of the names I go by is Cunt Frog.

I've actually been tempted to change my name on here to fit the name I used to use so much in my past, and still do for some mediums like steam.

People should stop hating on cunts, we're just normal people.

I only report where it has been used in a very distastfull manner. I can handle the word when used at the right time. Not all the f'n time!

I know I can't say much given I'm still quite new to these forums but my 2 cents; it was the maturity of the community that attracted me in the first place, I don't know if I could deal with a community of grundie's. Don't get me wrong I'm loving some of the related humor "heroin seeds". But we may start attracting those that were ment for the likes of bluelight forums.

In regards to the c word.

To keep it short if its used in context its a very strong word, if it is used out of its standard context it begins to reflect far more on the person saying it.

Ah your talking about grundle.
I admit that I found some of his posts and the subsequent jokes made in reaction to them amusing.
But I also I agree that overuse of swear words is a problem. Not because I am offended but because words start to lose meaning when overused.

I am not in and will never be in a position to judge. ... we are what we are...

Getafix

i reserve my right to refer to tony abbott as a cunt.

Shit guys, really?

Before we dredge up the issue again, it might be worth checking out this thread, "Be civil or leave" where T & some of the mods discuss their thoughts on codes of conduct.

If people are actually breaking the rules, (and refuse to self moderate after being asked nicely) well isn't that what the report button is for? Don't expect the mods to just know that you're offended by something. A lot of this stuff (under the " no insults" & "no bigotry" rules specifically) is in a grey area and depends a lot on context - some of which might be occurring via PM or in real life - so there may be no way for mods to know that real offensive shit is going on unless you tell them.

If you don't like this, well yeah, it's not real likeable. But maybe think for a minute - if there weren't so much friendly swearing & insults, then the obnoxious ones would stand out a lot more, making moderation much easier. This feels a bit like "the boy who cried cunting wolf". If you want to ask mods to deal with fucken douchewadded cunts, it may help to tone down the background-level shitslinging just so they can find what they're looking for. Just a thought. Personally I prefer friendly swearing to eloquent hostility, but I know not everyone sees it like that - and this is a public forum, we're not the only ones reading what's written here.

If someone isn't outright breaking any rules but you just don't like their style, & are unable to just not read those posts, there's an option in your profile that allows you to ignore specific members. It's not great when things have come to that, but it's usually temporary, and the function works well. So it's not like real life where they might come around drunk at 3am because you haven't answered their calls & start smashing your car windows & screeching profanities at full volume until the neighbours call the cops... on the forum you can just ignore them, and they really do go away!

So yeah, whilst there has been some trollike behaviour around here lately which isn't cool, IMO blanket suspicion & hostility directed at new members is even less so.

Anodyne for bitches and gripes moderator!!

I for one am going to make a fervent effort to stop the shitslinging being banter or otherwise. I shall cease immediately the bringing down the forums level and try and contribute positively. I have used this forum as a social point other than contributing positively to ethnobotanical research and study for a number of years ago, so I'll use to pieces of advice :- one from my mother "if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all" and one from my father "keep your mouth shut and your bowels open"

Viva la S.A.B :)

I'm talkin bout myself shitslinging by the way and bantering

i swear i dreamed aspects of this and had it as a recurring dream since i was about 6 ...

is there a derelict shopping centre with us flying through it on trail bikes coming up soon?

:) *exciting times*

... PS I don't mean to say any of you aren't established members, plenty of members I've seen contribute more in trading and knowledge in their first year than I have in my entire stay.

I'm just saying that most of you move on for whatever reason so there's no point getting too excited over anyone's particular method of conduct. You all leave me eventually.

You're all cunts.

awww *hugs ya* , ya cunt

if you leave me pussy alone I'll love ya long time :wub:

health permitting that is

Since I have been called a shifty newbie I figure this is the right place to ask-

Why is when I make reference to a thread called The ordinariness of Eileen I am told in about 20 emails that

I am a POS called Chiral.

That people who don't know me suddenly do.

That I am a shifty newbie.

These aggressive tactics by well known people on these forums kind of make me think that if they have something to hide why would they even bother blaming someone they don't know such as myself.

Their words are there for all to read. If such people have tried to create a new persona for themselves since they wrote what they did x number of years ago why should I be held accountable.

I gather I am held accountable because I read posts on the Corroberee for many hours. I enjoyed what I read so kept reading. I then remembered what I read in picture form.

So when I make a comment refering to something I have read here I become a nasty person who has ripped people off.

I thought about this since it has happened and think perhaps I expect too much. To expect people to be tolerant of what I have said on a certain thread is maybe asking too much.

I just don't like the way they went about it.

Having said this I figure I have said about all I can say about mushrooms without repeating myself so I'll come back next season to the corroberee with any new finds or updates. May you all find peace.

Yeah I'm sorry heyowana, I guess we are paranoid to a fault of Chirals return, and we really tweaked out. I was one of the people he's referring to with the pms. I really jumped the gun before any exploration. IMO you had a similar posting style and I'm glad we got it sorted quickly which is why I pmd before the grapevine blew up into an a-bomb.

Anyways I do humbly apologise sincerely.

I'm sure that you could understand, all it takes is for him to come here and fleece some newbs of their hard earned cash and really I guess us older members who have got so much out of this place have kind of a duty of care toward the place. We kinda live here and have love for the place and its members- we r only human to and make errors in judgement but I think we do an okay job- better than most humans could wrangle this cwazy place it's a unique and complex group to deal with. Anyways let's shake bananas and move on :)

I like being a noob. Feels like childhood.... But virtual. And with no toys. Kinda sad when I think of it.

I think noobs are the most vital piece of the forum.

That's nice to hear!

I've been stalking this forum for years and recently started posting.

And don't plan to stop anytime soon. I really like it here. :innocent_n:

I know I can't say much given I'm still quite new to these forums but my 2 cents; it was the maturity of the community that attracted me in the first place, I don't know if I could deal with a community of grundie's. Don't get me wrong I'm loving some of the related humor "heroin seeds". But we may start attracting those that were ment for the likes of bluelight forums.

This. It's a fun and serious place at the same time. And I have a feeling I can trust people and info I find here. That's the main thing, actually.

And I got amazing stuff for free here!! I love plants so it's a great feeling to see such attitude from people. Hope I can return the favor to the community.