The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
squidgygoanna

Cool mist humidifiers for Martha in Australia?

Hey guys,

I'm putting together a martha (greenhouse) for my gourmet grows but I can't find a cool mist humidifier anywhere in Aus!

Everything I find is either a steam humidifier or ultrasonic.

Apparently Vicks 400 is the most used humidifier for mycology, but I can only find them in the US, I could always get one online and get a voltage converter but that could turn out more expensive than I was planning.

Any aussies here with a martha setup? what kind of humidification setup are you running?

What gourmets you running atm?

What gourmets you running atm?

Only got some Turkey Tail colonizing atm. I've just decided to make the switch from Mono's/SGFC to a Martha, so once I get that up and running I'll have some gourmets on the go

I've got one I could sell you.

Hmmm now you'd probably like pics and I don't have any...hmmm, I'll have to sort that out.

I found one on Gumtree. They also have heaps of them on Ebay. Though make sure you get one that you can attach a hose to so that it increases fresh air exchange. I tried to skimp and put a little cheap one inside the inside of the greenhouse which didn't last very long or work very well for obvious reasons.

The one I got looks a bit like this but with a narrower outlet. It's for one of the small greenhouses that is a couple of feet wide and few feet tall. I just pushed a piece of plastic tubing over it, which leads to the top of the greenhouse. Have it on low or put it on a timer for short bursts. Works great. Just need to make sure the tubing doesn't have any bends in it where water can pool.
http://www.airhumidifier2u.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Ultrasonic-Air-Humidifier-SMJ-404-1jpg.jpg

Edited by emcat