The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

Iboga leaves?

I've been trying to research this here at SAB and also at Erowid. While lenghty explanations are taken about rituals, ceremonies and the properties of ibogaine, it's really hard to find any info on iboga preparation.

I know Ibogaine is found in the bark of iboga, but what about the leaves.

I had some (old) leaves dropping off my plants and wonder if there's anything I can do with them (tea, smoking?) Anyone knows?

yes, te leaves contains amll amoutns of alkaloids. I never had enough to get full effects, so it is hard to tell what the alakloid profile is, but there is certainly a nice stimulating action. Make sure your serotonin levels are high as iboga is unpleasant with low levels.

Guest unified

How does one make their serotonin levels high ?

By takeing 5htp

hi,

watch out IBOGA cultivators!

the fungus gnats are loving tabernanthe iboga

even more than us!

who knows how to get rid of this FUSARIUM wilt, without chemicals?

Originally posted by planthelper:

the fungus gnats are loving tabernanthe iboga even more than us!

Yes, it is always a race against time to try and get them back outside after winter before the gnats kill them. When it gets really bad I soak the pot in a weak pyrethrum solution, which will kill all larvae. The most important aspect is to keep them dry. being a rainforest plant they don't like that very much, but at least it keeps the gnats at bay.

Originally posted by unified:

How does one make their serotonin levels high ?

Taking SSRI's , healthy diet , lots of bananas (tryptophan) , keeping fit ,jogging , etc.

Taking St. Johns Wort tablets from the healthfood store is a good way to go , if you can get your hands on some 5HTP or L-Tryptophan this will be good also.

Can you not get biological controls for that where you are? In the UK we use the mite Hypoaspis miles and it is very effective at controlling sciarid flies (fungus gnats) and thrips. They can be applied as a preventive, they will survive for up to five months eating algae, fungus and other soil-dwellers.

I know biological control got a bad name for a while in Australia but surely it can be done responsibly.

Due to the high exchange of plants here we use predatory mite for prevention of spidermite. But I have neve seen gnat mites offered here. have to look into it cos I have a real bad problem with them on my inside tropicals every winter.

I forgot - I presume that my habit of covering the soil with reflective white plastic sheet cuts down the algae that encourages the flies.

I thought they were called fungus gnats?? (not algae gnats) wink.gif

My problem is definitely with fungus, as I am mostly troubled with the tropicals that require high organic content in their soils. Moulds just love it as soon as the sun doesn't get to them anymore. After a massive initial infection I am keeping them really dry now, but that is weakening the plants so its a catch 22. They've been in about a month and it's only 2.5 months to go (hopefully less).

Originally posted by Chemical Shaman:

L-Tryptophan this will be good also

I got some L-Tryptophan Tablets 95 mg from Golden Glow, In Virginia Brisbane.

They also have 2000 mg Kava Tablets, 100 pieces for $20.

If you compare that with the expensive MAX Kava-shots 1000 mg, 3 for 10-12 Dollars?...

Back to Iboga: Torsten, one of my Iboga plants has only 4 leaves, new growth. The other one is fine, plenty of leaves.

The four-leaved one, however, worries me.

One leaf is starting to curl at the end.

Should I spray them with Pyrethrum, or make a solution as you said?

Or simply not water them anymore?

Up to now, I've still watered them almost once a day, half a cup to a cup of water...

Live BA yoghurt and spilanthes are supposed to be good for thrush in humans, I don't know about fungal overgrowth in soils. Perhaps garlic, horseradish and cinnamon?

Guest Thespian Beefcake

Gomaos, do ur leaves have any sign of insect, fungi or bacteria growth on them?? It could be a humiditiy problem, too dry, too hot.

How r the HBWR going by the way? Must be a little bit colder in Brisvegas by now??!

Cheers

Darcy

Guest Thespian Beefcake

Also, what are the effects of using the leaves from Tabernaemontana species endemic to australia, such as pandacaqui or orientalis?? similar to iboga?

[This message has been edited by Thespian Beefcake (edited 11 July 2001).]

Originally posted by Thespian Beefcake:

How r the HBWR going by the way? Must be a little bit colder in Brisvegas by now??!

Cheers

Darcy

Hi Darcy,

didn't know you were the thespian beefcake.

How's Germany going? Must be good there now in Summertime.

Remember last time I was there in summer we used to go to illegal swimming holes all the time where everybody was naked and stoned and techno music...oh well I was playing prodigy all the time...

...if you ever go to north germany, I can give u an address to visit...cool people...my ex and our daughters...(daughters are 18 and 20)

As to the woodrose, then one I got from you:

When I first planted it, it grew nicely. But when it got cold, all the leaves started dying off, I thought I would lose it...

I put it into a sunnier place and hardly watered it at all...

Now it has sprouted new leaves and is looking good...

Maybe it knew that we are moving soon and is saving itself for the new place...

My problem is the large one I have... It's got 2 shoots about 5 m long, climbing into a Mango tree...It's very healthy, and the roots have grown through the pot into the soil, will have to dig it up...

There's no way I'm gonna leave it here, who knows who will come here next, and anyway I think the stupid agents would rip it up.

I think I will get some dieback anyway, so I think perhaps I should take cuttings...

Fractalhead already gave me some hints on what to do, the question is: What medium should I use, like perlite, vermiculturite or what, or a mix and what proportions? Should I keep the cuttings in full shade, now in the Brisbane winter?

Should I water them daily?

Any information on this would be highly appreciated, because I hae to do this soon, prbably in a weeks time...

And again, your woodrose is fine darcy I'm sure it will be happy at the new place...

bye

My problem is the large one I have... It's got 2 shoots about 5 m long, climbing into a Mango tree...It's very healthy, and the roots have grown through the pot into the soil, will have to dig it up...

had the same problem recently gomaos. right down to the two 5m limbs (?), except it was a palm not a mango.

i gently untwined what i could, cutting back as little as possible. managed to save a fair bit of growth, but when i got to the new house the growth didn't really find anywhere it liked, so i cut it right back and at the moment it's doing very well.

they're quite hardy plants it seems smile.gif

One idea I have is this:

I will take the two limbs, and, say, from the root to 2 m growth, put part of the vine in a pot with soil or perlite, and do the same thing with other parts of the vine, so I wouldn't have to cut anything, and hopefully the parts that are in soil with grow roots before the vine dies back.

Could that work?

Guest Thespian Beefcake

Hi Gomaos

Germany is good now, has been very warm. Don't know if i will get up to the north, but u could email some names or something??

I think that u shouold dig the plant up now , trim the roots, and cut most of the growth off. Maybe leave a good 2 metres. Cutting the foliage should balance out the removal of roots. Maybe take cuttings as well from the trimmings.

Cheers!

I also have a hbwr the same size in a pot doing the same thing,lol,I have to move mine soon as well.I think I,ll dig it up soon and trim it all while its still cold here,before it starts to take off again.Used a huge pot last time,guess I,m gonna have to find something even bigger.

Originally posted by gomaos:

The four-leaved one, however, worries me.

One leaf is starting to curl at the end.

Should I spray them with Pyrethrum, or make a solution as you said?

Pyrethrum is always a good idea just in case there are mites.

Guest Free E

nONI OF THE mORINDA CIRIFOLIA is also a nice way to get the serotonin level up!???