The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subaeruginosin

Drinking Methylated Spirits

Do you need to make a starter to get the yeast cranking before adding it to that mash Red?

Normally bakers yeast will be killed by such a strong sugar solution if you dump it straight in.

Why do you need to distill it 3 times ?

The guy at the local brew shop told me not filter anything with a plastic filter that is over 20% alcohol. I didn't ask why as I wasn't really that interested, I was there for the beer and he'd just given me a free glass of beer so I was just making smalltalk while I drank my free beer.

Get turbo yeast. It'll finish up 20 litres in well under 48 hrs, and you can keep recycling the yeast sludge from batch to batch. You're not going to be worried about yeast mutations and off flavours due to the subsequent processing.

3 times should ensure you don't end up with methanol contamination.

Try Big reds mash or Tomato paste wash (TPW) via google. You will never use turbo yeast ever again ;) Trust.

Cuntz I use to make a nice brew for me buds at school. Just 4kg sugar and some Brewers yeast in a bucket l, leave under the bridge covered in an old fuckjng shirt for a few days come back and about 5 cuntz would be para from a few cups. Suit us cuntz

Turbo yeast gives you a bad tasting ethanol the tomato paste wash is rather nice tasting .buy champagne yeast

it ferments to about 15% and has a very nice taste turbo yeasts are horrible as they produce to much bad alcohols

why are you hasling me im fucking square

Just read about the tpw, that's awesome.

I use red star champagne yeast if I'm brewing up barley wine and some other high gravity beers.

Do you need to make a starter to get the yeast cranking before adding it to that mash Red?

Normally bakers yeast will be killed by such a strong sugar solution if you dump it straight in.

Why do you need to distill it 3 times ?

The guy at the local brew shop told me not filter anything with a plastic filter that is over 20% alcohol. I didn't ask why as I wasn't really that interested, I was there for the beer and he'd just given me a free glass of beer so I was just making smalltalk while I drank my free beer.

the plastic is bullshit as long as it is chemically rated bakers yeast will give you about 10% after 7 days its cheap and makes a nice product

in regards to a starter yes put it in a liter of warm water let it rehydrate

will show photos of my distillery and brewery a lot of effort went in but we have kegs on tap and about 200 litres of rum

What about huffing ether i use di ehtyl ether but many are using the start you bastard ether which is petroleum ether.

What happened to drug use since i have gone legit and dont use drugs its all gone to shit .

Less sugar is better imo. Aim for a sg of around 1070-80. You wont get the yeild but will give you a better end product. Bakers yeast makes a sweeter drinking vodka and ec1118 (champagne yeast) gives off a dryer taste... apparently

Oh man not another cuntz member ! We've already got one!! Go back to the dragtrack! ;)

I reckon that character in Getting Square is based on Trent from Punchy... :huh: Maybe?

Gettin square predates Trent.

But eth call nito "ingog"

Is that you eth lol?

pretty sure its not eth

nah mates. i dunna hide behind a sock puppet - you get what you see with me

i am going try Bigreds grog recipe with tomato paste tho :wink:

everywhere i go peeps go on and on extolling the virtues of turbo yeast it's nice to hear someone else's unbiased opinion of the product

pull the anchors you scurvy dogs and set the sails, avast me hearties some sly grog spiced is on the horizon

You can felch my gouch grundle sailor, you cad. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, then get felching from the gouch. Cunt.