The Corroboree
emcat

Eating A. muscaria?

pantherinas are very common here, but I read its not like this in other parts of europe and what not.. I think they're pretty common in oak and mixed woods of all southern europe...

well I used to have a jar with whole dried panther caps.. have to check out their conditions though... they must have been there 3-4 years... I could also pick+dry fresh for ya next october...

• Like 1

Well I tried these. Cut them up fresh and did the recommended 2x7minute boils, changing the water in between. They were really delicious. Well worth while. But I am not 100% convinced that I didn't have some poisoning symptoms, nothing unpleasant though. Next time maybe an extra boil or change the water more times.

• Like 1

Can you expand on the effects you felt, maybe psychosymptomatic or maybe ur very sensitive???

Well it was really hard to tell because we stupidly had some wine with dinner. But I felt something like energy running through me. Could have just been adrenalin from finally eating them though. My partner felt kind of stoned and tired, and they felt funny the next day too. They were quite adamant that they had some effect. But they also had like a third of what I did. So yeah it could well have been psychosymptomatic. But then, we usually have wine with dinner and this did feel different to me. I also used mostly young mushrooms because I had heard these were more tasty - they are also meant to be more potent. So really it was just not a controlled experiment and I'll have to try it again some time soon. But I can say they were delicious!

• Like 2

Don't remember. Could well have been but that's not unusual. I definitely have to try this experiment again without the wine. Kicking myself.

amanita muscaria has a very interesting range of dosage. its active from low doses but notable from low-mid doses and on.

using along with wine somewhat cancels the nice afterglow of the next day...

amanitas and alcohol is not a good idea, but they are cool together if you're both a drunkard and experienced with amanitas.

beware of accidents and tendencies to sleep whereever under that combo...

babies are more potent yeah

PS: its really weird to see someone trying to use this as a food.. then discusses about how it did have an effect.

2x7 min boil might not take all the goodies out.

IME, its inactive when its got no taste, so the whole thing is a bit meaningless, unless someone really finds lots of them and/or is a seasoned user of soma as an inebriant.

Because the taste of the dried stuff/taste of tea indicates the strength... if the dried pieces in the tea have not taste, then the goodies are all in the tea... if they maintain some taste, then the pieces still got something in them

peace

PS2: Erowid entry on amanita is old and shitty. ask me instead

Edited by mutant
  • Like 5

The koryaks drink the shamans urine witch is supposed to lessen the negative impact.

Mutant you are probably right about species in oz being weaker than that of the us.

I ate heaps of them once and they made me ill for 48 or so hours.

I basically followed the instructions from this video

PS2: Erowid entry on amanita is old and shitty. ask me instead

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Share the shamanic preparation methods .. :):)

Edited by mysubtleascention
  • Like 2

(edit for corrections and additions)

Its a common misconception that the whole trick and mystery and secret is the preperation.. Not true.. The right preperation is out there for many years... and all variations share the same core: heat makes ibotenic acid into muscimole.... Drying seems to make the fullest conversion...

there are many false concepts around muscaria, maybe more than those around tropane plants..

I did sunshine my material after machine-drying, and this is the only thing 'shaman' I did, but I am not really sure it does something.

So what is the problem?

1st, I think european specimens are "better" than usa a.o. ones, judging from reports. Better in the sense the US ones might contain more muscarine, maybe.. I say this because many reports (from USA) consistently talk about nasty stomach pains / nausea , while I never encountered this with my material. Then again, maybe a graduall familirisation with the material does the trick, but I have served this to newbbies and never one complained about stomach ache or nausea.

{EDIT} in fact to be completely honest there were very mild stomach pain and nausea only twice.

1) once, in a group session, mid-euphoric inebriation, the particular indivual was tired and sleepless.. He complained once about a slight nausea and then immediately fell asleep for some 3-4 hours, after which he woke up revitalised even though he was disappointed the whole mid-dose session was over ofr the rest of the group and we were chilling, while he was energetic.. lol

2) I had slight stomach discomfort for just some moments during my single breakthrough experience with amanitas... it was only for a little bit.. nothing worth mentioning, had worse shit with psiliz

Wert, I did not say oz shit is weaker.. I wouldnt know, I used to research reports many years ago.... Not many from oz, as far as I remember..

2nd, and most important, this material is not an easy material to use.. Contrary to other drugs, this is more difficult to understand its mechanism, takes some experimentation to determine the dosage for your batch, takes some experimentation to understand what someone can do under the influence at different dosage ranges etc.. Most of all, you dont HAVE to love it.. Most people dont like dissociatives, and while muscarias can be both relatively mild and euphoric inebriating at mid doses (resembling perhaps alcohol in a more clear headed way), most people will probably not be prepared for the breakthrough experience

IMO because most people are afraid of death..

So remember you dont have to like it just because its a pretty mushroom and stay safe.. Try to become friends first..

PS: Important bits.. Know yr material, use a sitter, prepare for something strong and read about anesthesia and dissociation when preparing for breakthrough doses..

PS2: I have felt bliss while both on salvia or muscaria, but its rather rare for most people to report euphoria. I remember noting in some previous forum, that most psychedelic people could not work with tropanes or muscaria or any dissociative and they also disliked alcohol... While me and some other senior user who used to take lots of tropanes respected equally the classic psychedelics, tropanes, dissociatives, muscaria and we also liked drinking booze..

Different strokes for different folks, right?

Edited by mutant
  • Like 6

I found the yellow strain Guessowii and ate a few raw and made omlets with the rest.

I gotta say those were the best tasting omlets ive ever had.

In terms of effects i didnt get much apart from what i would call a "tonic effect". I didnt eat very many though.

• Like 1

tonic effect, thats what happens in the lowest range, apart from flavour enhancing properties..

so to sum up, perhaps the best way to taste them fuckers as food is take a single medium cap and slice thinly and cook with a soup or chicken, so as to "dillute" into a food for 4+ persons .

I would also like to note that I remember taking the tea after couple beers, relatively empty stomach, and I am like - boy I have to eat something now... and so I did... its also appetite stimulating...

drugs on appetite regulation could be easily made from amanita muscaria, I am deeply convinced about this..

both for appettite loss as well as extreme appetite

• Like 1

So is it legal in Australia? I've read some pretty varying stuff. I've also seen it sold here, but not as something you consume.

• Like 1

I think its not in oz, but it is where I am ...

• Like 2

and over here too

found this tho , if it helps a tad

http://www.flyagaric-amanita.com/law.html

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

muscimol is schedule 9 poison within Australia :wink:

So even boiling out, could be construed as a preparation/extraction.

Possession of mushroom for starters could be an even greyer area... (as Amanita not specified, some states may have it in other laws)

EDIT - still would chase saffies to eat over these

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 1

I was reading about this just earlier today actually... sounds like the key thing is to dehydrate them, converting the ibotenic acid into psychoactive muscimol. Once the mushrooms are dried they are no longer poisonous. You can then extract the water soluble muscimol by boiling it, leaving you with psychoactive tea and edible mushrooms. The tea should of course be discarded :^)

• Like 6

Yeah if the cops catch you picking them in victoria they will do 2 things... call you an idiot and confiscate your shit.