The Corroboree
incognito

Incogsfukup comp

U don't want the prize :0

U are good !!

• Like 1

I wouldnt be winning anywayz :P

Weak.

well, now that I think about it, I could win as I have the hemisphere powers with me.. so I will participate for the sport only

sown today!! :)

• Like 1

Just curious how this comp works, are people planting your seeds incog, or is it their own seeds?

Woot!! Mine are crackin their coats,, good germ rates man.

• Like 1

My seeds I sent out.

Reckon mine will start popping tomorrow. Its on like donkey Kong! ;)

We all know eg can't win he can't germinate cacti for quids :)

Woot woo here we go! ;)post-4677-0-11345600-1428636173_thumb.jppost-4677-0-15716600-1428636255_thumb.jp

post-4677-0-11345600-1428636173_thumb.jpg

post-4677-0-15716600-1428636255_thumb.jpg

post-4677-0-11345600-1428636173_thumb.jpg

post-4677-0-15716600-1428636255_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

damn im behind everyone by a week or two now that mine didnt come in the mail! We shall see what happens

• Like 1

Strap yourselves in and behold the miracle of coco coir

SAM_0089_zpskbiz6t8p.jpg

• Like 2

post-13830-0-71492700-1429365471_thumb.j

post-13830-0-71492700-1429365471_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-71492700-1429365471_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I grafted 7 to pereskiopsis this morn... 4 bridge cross and 3 cordo cross.... let's go!

• Like 2

Thanks incognito. Today, the letter has arrived. The seeds sown later today. Follow reports.

Thanks Thanks Thanks

I saw one little one below the perlite.. But I will let them be for a bit more...

Hey I was thinking about using coco coir some time... but this is a dud substrate... how long does the seedling can be okey there? when should one start fertilising? do you use mix of coco + other nutricious substrate?

Boy, at first (baby seedlings) I was like, now how the fuck do these dudes graft these tinyfuckers? Note I haven't ever grafted at such a young age. Then I saw them pump and becoming round.

So I am happy to say I have grafted 4 of them cordo X's on selinicereus... at one month exactly from sowing... now thats not bad!

Edited by mutant
  • Like 1

Coir on its own is very good to germinate on in my experience. However, I believe it's good to add some other substrate to make the soil mix more firm. Im trying zelly's advice by adding 1 cm of sand on top.

Several times I tried fertilizing 1 months old seedlings with a very dilute conc. of fertilizer and it helped a lot. Start increasing the does little by little as they grow.

• Like 1

I use coco coir on its own and am really pleased with the results. It holds a lot of water, and has lots of air pockets at the same time. I use it for all my gardening and everything grows well.

I live in Adelaide with a Mediterranean climate and it works for me here, when I lived in Lismore, it rained so hard the easy wetta water saver nodules blew up like jellyfish and were all over the surface of my pots.

I germinate in coco coir, and transplant to more coco coir, I just love the stuff.

Brunnings brand is the stuff I use, it has water saver granules and fertilizer included. Also some larger chunks of coir that break down over time. http://www.fertilisersonline.com.au/potting-mixes/coir/easy-wetta-potting-mix-block-60l.html <-- this block

• Like 2

I use a cacti and succulents mix but with additional sand, peat moss (small amount) and on occasion perlite. Seems to work okay for me :) especially for seedlings.

How's everyone's grafts going?

I managed to not kill 4 out of the 5 I attempted.

WOOO-hoo!!!

Looking good buddy, EVERYTIME I see ur posts now I get hungry man! Let me buy your sauce from you!!! Love you heaps you already won the comp game over haha I'm just kidding, not about buying some sauce though:) could be anything, could be a grandiflorus (hopefully!)a number of bridgesii, or pachanoi cross :) hope some crests or mutants come out of it!!

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1