The Corroboree
random

TV series worth watching..are there any?

Housos... So crass it's wonderful

• Like 2

In the flesh is a fantastic zombie TV series. Three episodes in season 1 and 6 in season 2 and that is all. Outstanding in its ability to be way more about non zombie related issues like suicide, homosexuality and cultural intolerance. Epic British TV.

i'm not a big TV series watcher.. i quite enjoyed Vikings.. but in some ways it is a bit cheesy, but probably no where near as cheesy as some drama series!

Of course they do that really annoying thing where each episode they drag it out & almost resolve the story but at the last minute they leave you hanging.. it's just standard tv series production techniques to brainwash you into watching the whole series.. but i fuckin hate it & it's the main reason i'm not that interested in TV series that much.. i would just prefer a movie that has a start middle & end & wraps up within 2 hours!

therefore i think by far the best way to watch any TV series is when you're in the mood & have the time, wait til the whole series has finished & watch every season, episode after episode for 48 hours straight.. Is the only way...

I think TV series are having their hey day because they are mainly geared toward people that have depressing, tiring 9-5 jobs that sap every ounce of their available energy & so they need some kind of ongoing form of mindless, yet engaging distraction that they can invest some kind of enjoyment in..

they provide a brief moment of zonked out reprieve from peoples boring depthless lives, working to get no-where & make someone else money.. most people fall into this catagory, lets me honest.. So for this reason i'm not totally negative about them.. They provide a valuable service for the worn out peons :)

• Like 2

they're also good to put on when nursing a lazy hangover

• Like 1

I think TV series are having their hey day because they are mainly geared toward people that have depressing, tiring 9-5 jobs that sap every ounce of their available energy & so they need some kind of ongoing form of mindless, yet engaging distraction that they can invest some kind of enjoyment in..

they provide a brief moment of zonked out reprieve from peoples boring depthless lives, working to get no-where & make someone else money.. most people fall into this catagory, lets me honest.. So for this reason i'm not totally negative about them.. They provide a valuable service for the worn out peons :)

Yeah but couldnt you say this about anything that distracts us from the ordinary, mundane parts of our lives.? I think icecream, chocolate, sex, food, drugs, bungee jumping etc are all geared toward people that have depressing whatever time jobs they provide a breif moment of zonked out reprieve from peoples boring depthless lives. Isnt that just life?

I guess I enjoy the shows I watch for reprieve if I am to be honest. I get off on the violent justice executed by the characters in a TV show while there is so much injustice in the world

Real life - Boxing match last Sunday world #1 and 2 Mayweather VS Pacquiao.

post-16231-0-85216300-1430734764_thumb.j

Pacquiao helps old ladies across the street and sings in a pop band and Mayweather is up on, and been convicted of multiple acts of violence toward woman. Fucking tough guy. Professional fighter beating up woman, one being his wife in front of his kids. I hate him. I want Pacquiao to smash his fucking face in for all the woman he hurt but this is real life. Pacquiao loses. Its bullshit l. Im angry

Banshee -Fictional TV show

Sheriff Hood VS The Champ. Another big tough guy professional fighter who rapes and beats on woman. Gets fucking smashed by sheriff Hood. Im happy. I get to go back to my mundane life with a smile :D

post-16231-0-85216300-1430734764_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-85216300-1430734764_thumb.jpg

Yeah but couldnt you say this about anything that distracts us from the ordinary, mundane parts of our lives.?

yeah definitely man, it's important to have these things in this day & age!

humans are story tellers. its an ancient thing and every culture dos it. its a way to keep amused when its cold and not much else to do sitting around the fire.

the last fragments of those ancient days are things like homers illiad/oddessy or the rg veda and mahabarata - ancient stories that are told over nights or weeks or months.

more recently we had the serialisation of works by Dickens or Arthur Conan Doyle - works that would not necessarily today be classified as amusement for the masses.

and so now we have television, is it any different? i dont mind admitting i watch television, but on my terms, without advertisments, and i guess yes when i need to chill out and relax. but im guessing most people on this site do try to watch things that require attention and thought about the plot in order to keep up. and fortunately at the moment there is some great stuff. and at the end of the day its all storytelling - but i guess what is the purpose behind those stories? are they good stories? do they have satisfactory archetypes? do they resolve some inner tension?

but i do agree that there is the other end of the scale, home and away, neighbours, all the home advice shows etc etc. that cater to people who really do just want to turn off and be told what it is to be normal - be given the narrative for their own lives.

• Like 2

'The Weekly with Charlie Pickering' is the funniest show I have seen in ages. I love a good piss take of the majority. ABC iview

This title is so classic. now, where my "rick and morty"?

did i say how good hannibal was? because it's brilliant,

pure class, but the last season which is dismaying

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell

Wentworth is good! New version of old Prisoner.

did i say how good hannibal was? because it's brilliant,

pure class, but the last season which is dismaying

interesting. i love this season despite the changes to the story. first season was a bit too CSI, but i love the psychology of it all.

The corner its a serries that started the wire