The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Subaeruginosin

Beating a cultivation charge?

Ok, so I have a friend who had the police knock on his door to come rob him, because of some lowlife dog neighbors you can't mind there own business.

Thing is, all they found was 2 plants and also some leaf and stem in the spare room. Now 'obviously' he knows nothing about it and admitted absolutely nothing, except that at the time they knocked on the door he was the only one living in the residents.

Thing is, (now bare with me here) he knows nothing about the 2 plants in the backyard, since he lost his job in july and has been completely incapacitated from bipolar disorder since then and hasn't even been in the backyard all summer, so he's thinking it must have been the neighbors who planted these two plants in his backyard. He also had two Spanish backpackers stay in the spare room where the leaf was found for about a week, about a month back. So his thinking they obviously must have found these plants in the backyard (which my mate knows nothing about) and taken a few branches for themselves and then left the leaf and stem in the spare room that they were renting.

Now, I'm not necessarily asking for legal advise for my friend, I know he needs to consult lawyer ASAP. But legal aid is just going to tell him to bite the bullet and plead guilty and he simply doesn't have the funds for a real lawyer (though his going to try his hardest to obtain the funds).

Anyway........what my friend wants to know is, does anyone here know of anyone actually getting off a cultivation charge with a similar scenario. Or would he just be fried if he plead not guilty?

if he can prove the above story he has more chances of getting off but so far its all just a story, and a convenient one at that..

good luck though :)

if it's a first offense he quite possibly won't even get a conviction recorded as long as he doesn't admit to supply or anything.. probably a small fine & a short good behavior bond... in the scheme of things two plants & a bit of leaf is quite insignifigant.. unless he gets a conservative ball bag of a judge..

& hope when the cops weighed it they didn't include the big clods of soil on the roots etc which they will if you let them..

• Like 2

I rekon ignorance is no excuse. Its just too easy otherwise for all aspects of law. Best of luck but.

That's the war on drugs for ya I guess, just a way to exploit and screw over poor people. Never thought my friend would ever say this, but he goddamn wishes he was born in the USA.

Edited by Subaeruginosin

I think beating the law is quite a task once they compile a case against someone. That person would most probably need a strong amount of evidence that they were not the cultivator and had absolutely no idea something so large was growing there. Your friend may need help from their GP regarding any stress this may cause. Getting help like that shows the court that your friend is trying to help themself.

Perhaps a spent conviction could be an option if it's a first offence with pot. Not sure if your state offers a diversion course?

• Like 1

Sorry bout your mate

Ridiculous that cannabis is still illegal, wake up fuckwit pollies.

For a plant(s) to get that big someone has been looking after it/them through summer.

I'm with Manic and Paradox, it's only 2 plants, if he pleads not guilty it will get adjourned, take a few more months of worry and concern. The court will then want a conviction for the time involved etc.....he'll end up paying more in fines and court costs in the long run.

Plead guilty, wear it like a badge of honour.

If he's worried bout future employment prospects because of a pot charge, no fear, get a job with the education dept, they only screen for sex abuse, serious assault and murder. :)

Oh yes.... :). If he's super quick there may still be some time to replace what was lost, won't get any where near the size now though.

Sorry I'm so flippant, fucking stoopid plant laws make me sick.

EDIT : after following this users posts for the last couple days it's become apparent to me that all is not right................ain't gonna change or edit anything I wrote, still my opinion, though it's clear to me now that responding was a waste of time, guess I was sucked in as it was about one of the most beneficial plants known to us.

Edited by pimento

A friend told me they were japanese maples?

• Like 4

My friend knows nothing about any of these accusations. I only posted this thread to state that clearly and seek advise for my friend, from others who may have been accused of such false allegations.

if he gets a conviction he can put it at the top of his resume in some years when can legally consider a career in a agriculture

• Like 6

A friend told me they were japanese maples?

haha hey it could work

when i got a visit I actually had an officer ask me if my maples we're pot

just shows their lack of intelligence

its gunna depend on the case the coppers build and what they try to make stick.

Only need to address (defend) what they wanna attempt a conviction on.

• Like 2

This thread is fucked on so many levels.

• Like 2