The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gr33ntea

Will this seedling survive?

It is kinda see through. To be honest it doesnt look like it will survive unless i graft it.

My question is how long should i leave it on its own roots before i graft it? Can it survive off the energy of the seed it came through?

post-12761-0-35414900-1425006735_thumb.j

post-12761-0-35414900-1425006735_thumb.jpg

post-12761-0-35414900-1425006735_thumb.jpg

no. probably will die in a week or so. same with the one on the far right. if you want to graft I'd go for the far right one

I suspected it would die, the far right, is it variegated? It is certainly doing well and healthy

I believe it'll die if left like this, so your best bet is to try to graft it to pereskiopsis. Even if the graft fails, you know it would have died anyway. If it took, then you'll know that you saved it ;)

Don't think there´s anything you could do to save it. Seedlings that turn to that milky glassy color are usually beyond help. But yeah, worth a try.

It looks to me like a seedling that was just born unhealthy and slightly rotting rather than variegate/albino. Do you know if the seedling hard or soft?

Edited by hostilis

It looks to me like a seedling that was just born unhealthy and slightly rotting rather than variegate/albino. Do you know if the seedling hard or soft?

It is certainly not soft! I suspect it will die. Oh well.

Weak genetics deserve to die to preserve the long term life of the species.

Except for humans apparently, every human is very unique and special.

Bit hard to tell a new mother that their newborn is a weakling that shouldn't be saved. Anyway, social stigma usually stops those poor genes from continuing in the long term