The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Strontium Dawg

A question for the tulsi users

Hi all,

I've been growing tulsi over the last few months, and I'm interested in using it as a general tonic and mood elevator.

Does anyone have a good tea recipe?

Have you experienced positive effects or any negative/unwanted effects? If so, at what dosage?

Thanks.

Edited by Glaukus

I usually make pesto outta mine... have eaten up to about half a cup with no ill effects. :)

I don't often make tea with it, so can't comment on that.

we cut the flowering tops (quite a lot- a handfull +) and thro them fresh into a tea pot then, add just boiled water, and

let infuse for 5-10 minutes. If you use just a cup or mug make sure to sit a lid or saucer on top, or otherwise some

of the goodies (volatile oils etc) can escape as steam.

we mainly use Krishna Tulsi (roundish large purple/green slightly hairy leaves with purple stems),

with a bit of Kapoor Tulsi for aromatics & sometimes some Vana for specifics (ie sore gums, throat etc)

• Like 1

Thanks. I have a recipe with pepper and cumin, adding lemon and honey. Seems like a good place to start.

I've eaten a fair bit straight off the plants with no ill effects, but I've read some people have adverse reactions.

We are having tulsi tea every day...have found that the herbage once dried gives a much stronger infusion per weight compared to fresh material. no ill effects noticed so far...

Surely not related but the morning after a few cups I had a sub conjunctival haemorrhage, it looks gnarly. I've been freaking everyone out with my blood coloured eye!

For the taste I suggest to add peppermint in your infusion. And a pinch of liquorice !

• Like 1