The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
doxneed2c-me

Crested Cacti Dying After Flowering

No. They don't flower very often and some I think don't ever flower. I don't think I have ever heard of any dying after they flower.

• Like 1

I don't think I have ever heard of any dying after they flower.

banana trees die back after they flower & fruit. of course they grow offsets like mad as well

hey dox-

someone's pushin your leg

I haven't heard of a cactus dying after flowering, but I think some succulents do, e.g. agave's.

They dont and most can actually flower. But some flower very reluctantly and I do not know what this is caused by. But just like every person has genetic defects and all are different, you just cant generalize it. I´ve seen some that flower very well and on the Sacred Succulents Field Trips, they collected seed from mutants twice.

I've never had any of my crested cacti die after flowering, and as far as I know most of them do flower. Seems like they don't flower as easily as non crested plants though. The only one I've heard of that doesn't want to flower is the TBMC.

Edited by hostilis

banana trees die back after they flower & fruit. of course they grow offsets like mad as well

hey dox-

someone's pushin your leg

I know other plants die after flowering most if not all agava do... I was talking about cacti :)