The Corroboree
ace1928

Wish people would stop spouting pseudo bullshit

Ya know what irks me, these "grand" exits.

If your gonna leave just freakin leave the wheels won't fall of without you. Sayonara!

• Like 2

would i be an 'intentional ignorant' for asking what 'pseudo bullshit' is? probably.. But thats a pretty loose, unvarifiable expression that is basically objectively meaningless innit?

That's pretty much it.
Why bother play a game if you aren't enjoying it?
Lol

Isn't this whole thread a big juicy part of the game? the game of: boo hoo, it's oh so hard being so much smarter than everyone else...

i get it, it really sux that the most of the world is dumb as fuck but it's also really easy to fall into the trap of thinking you're heaps better than everyone else & jacking your ego off in the process making yourself appear just as dumb as the apparent ignorami..

it's so easy, in fact, i'm wondering if thats all i was seeking in making this post.. hmmm? Food for thought.

• Like 8

it's so easy, in fact, i'm wondering if thats all i was seeking in making this post.. hmmm? Food for thought.

definitely why I posted in here :P

• Like 1

Pseudo Bullshit... kind of an oxymoron.....

Anyhoo as a lower level intelligence being I will just say one thing

Get dowwwwwwwwnnnnnnn.....

Getafix

• Like 4

Don't be so open minded that the wind whistles between your ears.

Edited by Glaukus
  • Like 4

If you leave and never come back based on the reasons posted in this thread I will not miss your input.

Ya fuckin trippers!

If you leave and never come back based on the reasons posted in this thread I will not miss your input.

Well I would, I quite liked the bloke. So what if he said something dumb, I said something similar a coupla years ago and I'm sure I've said other dumb stuff. Big deal. He seems OK to me

• Like 2

And the rest for the most part are happy living in their own fantastic reality. At least that it is out open on the forum now.

Its not a forum for good discussion. It's a forum for perpetuating stories.

Im gonna keep lurking around but there is no point in sharing good information with a bunch of people who are incapable of collecting good information themselves.

Not everyone. Just the vast majority.

What is science without peer review? If you think there's not enough good data being posted here, then why not lead by example? This forum is what we make it.

As for the attitude, I understand being frustrated with mass stupidity. But you can respond to that constructively if you choose. So for instance if someone claims "cacti give ya bad trips unless the plants are aligned with Mecca", then yes, my immediate reaction is "wow, you're a frootloop". But if you actually want to change how people think, you need to be able to understand them a bit - it's not always just laziness, some people have never been taught basic science & how to test their ideas (and even those of us who have, still make mistakes). So instead of telling them they're an idiot, instead I could try saying "how did you test this? How about you set up a double-blind test next time? What other methods can we use to standardise things and make this a replicable experiment"...and slowly introduce them to a more rational mode of thinking. People can think all sorts of wacky things, and sometimes this leads to great discoveries, but they need the tools of scientific method to test them. You can help give them those tools, but not if your default reaction to everything is aggro.

• Like 6

Edited by Xenodimensional

This is the most arrogant and condescending thread I think I've ever read. If you've got a superiority complex and it forces you to view "the majority" as stupid then leave... you don't have to insult the majority first. This community has some brilliant minds and a wealth of knowledge it also has some abstract thinkers and so complete trippers you take the good with the bad.

• Like 8

Well I would, I quite liked the bloke. So what if he said something dumb, I said something similar a coupla years ago and I'm sure I've said other dumb stuff. Big deal. He seems OK to me

i agree, i'm sure he's just going through a rough patch & his frustration boiled over into arrogant douchesville..

i've definitely been there too!

Maybe ace is just young & hasn't come to terms with the facts of the world yet ie the majority of people are not particularly adept at certain types of intelligence & we either need to accept it or lose our shit altogether..

This forum has a crazy mixed bag of people, which can be frustrating but it's also what makes it great. IME most forums tend to have a much higher ratio of total numbskullery & if not then they're just so absolutely dry & so fucken boring you wouldn't want to hang around there anyway..

You shouldn't burn your bridges Ace, i'm sure people will forgive you for sounding like a cock because you're frustrated.. You might discover things aren't much better anywhere else & that coming to terms with these facts of humanity are just part of the learning curve of being a thinking human being.

a lot of people would also agree with what you're saying, they just might not be such a douche about expressing it

• Like 8

kinda well put paradox.........I have found it 1 of the hardest things to come to terms with in life...that most people are just primitives...seemingly lacking in imagination & rational/logical cognition......Its like the whole world is engulfed in mindless banality....The sheer frustration I feel with every national election ...only to see continued support for the 2 party tyranny..these anal populaces vote for a shit in a suit wearing a remnant cod piece about his neck who has the smile & credibility of a car salesmen ..supporting & introducing yet more laws, (restrictions to our freedom/rights/liberties) victimless crimes....We are adults being treated like children...slaves...& the monkeys support this :wave-finger: ..... those glossy mags @ the checkout counter with pic's of gangsters/mass murders or as mainstream would say royalty... their fuckin bastard offspring...& what their bitches are wearing..which the typical fem monkey gets all wet & gooey between the crutch over...that shit actually sells!.. .while being forced feed mindless rhetoric tunes...mainstream actually considers music.."love love me do"...these bastards (royalty) are guilty of crimes against humanity...they should all be arrested & their wealth (the peoples) confiscated & returned to the community/environment........its all just NUTS NUTS NUTS..........& there isn't anything you can do about it......they (monkeys) are the majority ...perpetually & easily brainwashed by mainstream media...owned & managed by the same ruling elites that have given them/us perpetual war (very profitable), carcinogenic food/water/air (neatly packaged & sold in assorted flavours), debt slave economics (heres a loan for education, health, & a place to live, & transport to your place of servitude, yeah right spend your best hours/life serving them...forget about your own dreams)............its hopeless they (monkeys) are the majority...its their world & they alone are responsible for the mess its in....with all its cruelty..........its a sad story, best just to observe ...state the obvious when you can....so @ least the sane amongst them might rise above it.....& focus on nature...where the truth is.....

ace should rename this thread...as the rant thread...thanks Ace we all need to blow off some shit now & then...we'd go completely mad otherwise............

Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 1

Yer reading through I was being a knob. Peace ace, hope everything is okay with u.

• Like 1

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40135&hl=

... a little bit of science can be a dangerous thing.

Edit -feeling a bit fckd atm....not trying to be a cnt

I am a scientist, paid up working....I think what you are asking of the "majority" (whateva the fck that is)

is a bit rich

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 2

I find peace in acceptance,, as all this shit is going on.

I accept its mostly all fucked up and twisted and misleading. I must constantly learn and share, and change starts with being an informative parent.

Cool, calm and collected.

a bit off topic...but I think the thing with vaccines is a mixed bag....they have saved millions of lives...they have been used covertly to disguise various agenda's ...they have caused deaths..such as the recent Columbia incident where a # of school girls were killed due to vaccination...there is likely problems to using multiple vaccines as 1 off shots in infants linked to a % of children developing autism, & a lot more. Its not all bad ...but there are huge holes in our limited understanding....personally I stay well clear of them ...

As an ex-acquaintance once said to me "Fuck all Western Scientists - they should all just go home".

Yeah.

There's logic in shamanism. You just need to look at it right.

There's more than one way of looking at things. Sometimes they are all right.

Lets bring science to shamanism, shamanism to science. Somewhere in the middle is the truth.

If I could do poetry, I'd be a fucking poet.

• Like 3

Wow, what the actual fuck?!

a bit off topic...but I think the thing with vaccines is a mixed bag....they have saved millions of lives...they have been used covertly to disguise various agenda's ...they have caused deaths..such as the recent Columbia incident where a # of school girls were killed due to vaccination...there is likely problems to using multiple vaccines as 1 off shots in infants linked to a % of children developing autism, & a lot more. Its not all bad ...but there are huge holes in our limited understanding....personally I stay well clear of them ...

Last time I checked up on this they had ruled out the link between vaccinations and ASD. Or at least they couldn't confirm it.

It's good to have an opinion. I will continue to get vaccinations when required, particularly after having my spleen removed.

• Like 1

It's good to have an opinion...........

bummer about your spleen........do you notice it not being there?

link between vaccinations and ASD...without searching, I recall the whistle blower...gp I think....liked most whistle blowers was grilled........his career down the gergler........I'd hate to be a parent....tough choices....

• Like 2

THERE IS NO VALIDATED SCIENTIFIC LINK BETWEN VACCINATION AND ASD.... Do some proper fucking research. If you are a parent who chose NOT to vaccinate your child, please, stop reproducing.

• Like 4

^^

you don't have a right to say who reproduces and who doesn't

• Like 4

^^

you don't have a right to say who reproduces and who doesn't

He said "please". Did you read that? Or are we back to that pathetic thread where anyone who said they were in favour of zero population growth was practically accused of wanting to break into houses and slaughter forum member's children. One of the low points in the intellectual life of this place IME

• Like 2

THERE IS NO VALIDATED SCIENTIFIC LINK BETWEN VACCINATION AND ASD.... Do some proper fucking research. If you are a parent who chose NOT to vaccinate your child, please, stop reproducing.

LOL

vaccinations and autism

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15287394.2011.573736

as per request..10 sec search..I get your a mother, but that doesn't excuse rudeness.

I'm constantly reading research news relating to autism, mainly because there is considerable research funds available for its research, Unquestionably it can be linked to all kinds of environmental influences. Which is probably why vaccines can tip the scales. We are not clones & so all bodies have variance/thresholds to environmental influences, & our bodies react accordingly.

You could use http://scholar.google.co.nz/scholar

you will find research both in support of your view & research proving the opposite..............makes you wonder...........

I don't really hold a view either way, & make know recommendations, as I wrote its a tough call....nor am I here to judge your parenting. Though your fascist breeding beliefs are offensive.

I was just adding my experiences to the discussion. Your not 1 of those meat clever types are you?

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/searching-for-answers/vaccines-autism

discusses it..pros cons...but in lay terms and a tendency towards your beliefs...........

Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 3