The Corroboree
ace1928

Wish people would stop spouting pseudo bullshit

If people make a claim they should have to verify that claim

If they verify a claim it should be with something that can be verified independently by third parties

It should be repeatable
It should be consistent
It should be something that can be further investigated if needed to understand the underlying mechanism

If you can't do those things then you are essentially spouting complete and utter bullshit.

Just because you don't agree with facts does not mean that the way the facts were gathered is wrong or manipulated by some other higher power.

Just because you don't know what is going on in the world does not mean that it has to be sinister, nor does it mean its all beautiful and perfect.

Back up your claims or don't claim them as factual.

Rant over.

• Like 7

Been a good day over all its just frustrating when you want to talk to a group of people about things ala SAB and when you try and read through the threads it is just pseudoscientific claim one after the other

Either point out something INTERESTING that has been happening WITHOUT the claim as to it being some brand new god damn discovery

OR

If it is something which you have legitimately been recording and working on at least make sure that it is a decently planned and controlled experiment if you wish to make any kind of logical claims

OR

Back up what you are seeing with speculation RELATED to a MULTITUDE of journal articles/scientific texts that support what you think might be going on.

Its not a hard process.

I think people here are more interested half the time in making themselves look like an expert in some weird abstract field that the rest of use couldn't possibly have enough experience in.

If some kind of concept or idea or whatever is so "abstract" that you can't explain the details or how it works or why it works then there are two options

a) You have no idea what you are talking about
B) You are talking about complete and utter illogical irrational bullshit

Think of this statement for example

"I'm wearing a magical invisible intangible hat"

Could be true, could be false. Regardless, the statement does not mean a god damn thing.

Just like

"Be a good person or a really big old nice/mean guy up in the skies (who by the way is invisible and intangible) will smite you and send you to another invisible intangible place where you will suffer. Because I said so"

Could be true, could be false. Regardless the statement, as for any other concept that follows that logic, doesn't mean shit.
There is no real world basis beyond the individuals own insecurities and sense of lack of control and understanding in their own life.

If you need me to verify that last claim with some sources then prepare for a mother lode of a list.

• Like 3

No point spilling about the bad.
None of it particularly matters anyway as it's in the past.

The thoughts as outlined above are what you get stuck with when you have a highly analytical mind and the general population does not (or appears not to have).
It's tough but I wouldn't swap it for anything anyways.

Plus sunday's are always good :P

Shaman?
I could go to a used car lot if i wanted to be fed a load of bullshit

Or just read through some threads

And why would I want to have anything other than an analytical mind?
Nothing is a problem. It can always be broken down.

Plus I have no supernatural entities, karma, afterlife, heaven, hell, enlightenment etc etc etc to worry about. Which is good. There are enough real things to worry about as it is.

• Like 2

but real things have real logic to them

shamanistic stuff and everything else in that realm of things does not. It is unpredictable and uncontrollable in every way. Its irrational and unrealistic.
I like having problems that can at least be looked at and approached rationally.

And having an analytical mind does not impact the power of imagination. If that is being applied above :P

But you do pretty much sum up exactly why people resort to those things.
Just imagine not having to worry about reality

Hahahaha

I really had no idea if you were implying I had no imagination :P

Lol.

ffs, theres already well enough of this "i dont agree/believe in/accept/tolerate this view that is contrary to mine, i dont like it and dont understand it" fundamendalist type reactionary shit impacting the world right now

without having to bring it here!

chill

a brew would possibly loosen you up somewhat.

• Like 3

A gobbie, an ice cold beer and a few hrs slaying dragons on skyrim.

• Like 1

You sound like you're all part of the ignorant masses. Chemtrails are what condenses into the stuff that they put in vaccines, which in turn makes people stupid enough to believe in things like climate change. Don't even get me started on fluoride. What has science ever proven, really?

• Like 3

Sorry. I'm still new to this trolling thing. I don't know if I'm doing it right.

• Like 7

Omg tell me ur not one of those anti vaccine people

• Like 1

Sorry. I'm still new to this trolling thing. I don't know if I'm doing it right.

Practice makes perfect!

• Like 1

lol nah I'm not see above incog :P

I wish people wouldnt be so negative and just chill out

• Like 5

Eat the hippys! Ur the entree jwerta!

• Like 3

lol...I can see this thread ending up in bitches and gripes. and jwerta, sometimes it's nice to chill out. other times it's nice to throw some petrol on the fire, sit back and watch it burn :lol:

• Like 1