The Corroboree
Darklight

When's chanterelle season NNSW?

A mate has made an outdoor edibles patch, and I gave him a spawn bag to fill it

Now either I've mismarked the spawn bag ( possible ) and not recorded it on the spreadsheet, or he has Golden Oyster mushrooms growing wild up his way

Golden oyster is about the only thing it could be hey, especially if they are fruiting directly off the spawn from the bag. He couldn't get a spore print as the mushrooms were too wet

Is too early for Chanterelles isn't it? They're more a cooler season mushroom and his microclimate is quite warm

Normally I'm 1) way more careful in the lab and 2) way less paranoid about ID, but my mate has a family and I'd hate to recommend feeding him something I wasn't 110% sure of the ID on.

I have too many species in the culture library these days as I'm isolating local fruits, *sigh*, it's a wake up call for sure

gallery_12_4_106183.jpg

gallery_12_4_10782.jpg

gallery_12_4_45583.jpg

Edited by Darklight

Golden oysters, definitely.

Looks like I have to keep a lid on how many species I can run at once. Traced the error back to a re-used lid on an agar container whose previous species name hadn't been properly wiped out

Let that be a lesson to me :)

Ive done it a few times. Its worst when someone sends you a plate and you run 20 bags of the wrong species...