The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Erewin

Rosa gallica officinalis seeds

I was idly looking through the posts & my eye fell upon a relatively recent post by someone wanting rose seeds. I logged in & was redirected miles from the post I wanted to post on & couldn't find it again. Hopefully whoever posted that will read this:

I have some Rosa gallica officinalis plants with rose hips on them right now. The thing with using rose seeds as opposed to cuttings is that they may produce 'sports' (different types from the parent plant) plus I've never had much luck getting the seeds to grow. But if you're willing to wait until after the first frosts, which is when the seeds will be viable, I'm happy to send you some. R. gallica off. is the "Apothecary's Rose"; it is an ancient single flowering rose, first introduced into Britain by the Romans. It is one of the major scent roses & still used in perfumery. As far as I know the best way to extract the scent is by enflurage. Cheers.

• Like 2

Wow. That was quick. Thanks, found it!! How do you PM people? I'm not very familiar with this website.

Wow. That was quick. Thanks, found it!! How do you PM people? I'm not very familiar with this website.

Click on their name to view profile and there should be a "Send me a Message" button top right.

Oh thanks again. I've just figured that out ... dur.

Oh thanks again. I've just figured that out ... dur.

You are welcome.

Enjoy the site! :)

• Like 1