The Corroboree
Gimli

eBay/Gumtree finds

How about a huge "pachanoi" crest? ;)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Trichocereus-Pachanoi-CRESTED-/131420914397?pt=AU_Plants_Seeds_Bulbs&hash=item1e994c02dd

I swear last time this seller had this crest listed he had it labelled correctly as a cereus, I wonder why he changed his mind and decided to list it like this?

How about a huge "pachanoi" crest? ;)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Trichocereus-Pachanoi-CRESTED-/131420914397?pt=AU_Plants_Seeds_Bulbs&hash=item1e994c02dd

I swear last time this seller had this crest listed he had it labelled correctly as a cereus, I wonder why he changed his mind and decided to list it like this?

im not the best at i.d's but that looks cereus to me.

• Like 1

im not the best at i.d's but that looks cereus to me.

Abso-fucking-lutely! Scary thing is he's already sold a few of these crests with this listing! Poor people who bought them.

somebody just bought the winning entry at the next cactus show....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARIOCARPUS-FISSURATUS-HUGE-SPIRALIS-6-75-WOW-7/261757161886

God damn ! Thats a Rippa !

heh I was just looking at that :)

Not sure how much I trust ebay sellers; got some seed on there in the past and most of it wasn't true to type. It's only $5 so may as well give it a shot..

Going to need a heap more pots soon lol

I've only received one batch of seed that was defly not loph from eBay. All the others have been good. There is another seller called Dessolate_Sellable If I remember correctly. Always had good germ rates with theirs.

i just put an offer on that big scop fingers crossed :wink:

• Like 4

Not sure how much I trust ebay sellers; got some seed on there in the past and most of it wasn't true to type. It's only $5 so may as well give it a shot

There's some really good sellers on eBay, I've not bought any seeds off there yet though, just lotsa cactus.

Quality plants, sure not the cheapest, inflated prices and dummy accounts etc....

It's fairly good atm with some good priced plants up for sale and auction post xmas, before xmas the prices are huge, still some bargains to be had though.

I find the best way is not to bid until the last 10 sec (dep on the speed of your connection) this means there's little chance for dummy accounts to increase the bid and over inflate the price.

Weekend is best, sat and sun is when most of the sellers list the cactus for auction.

There's one buyer that keeps fucking me, week after week, out bidding me in the last second, must have a real speedy connection and a fat purse.

r_ _ _ _ _ _ e. who ever you are your cactus house must be lookin mighty fine. :)

Over the last 6 months I've bought from lots off the regular cactus sellers on eBay.

There are some really good traders and some shit ones..........bit like on here :)

It's all about being honest about the transaction in the feedback left for the seller, this way all is out in the open and the selling and trading environment is fair................... bit more of that on here would be good.......lol. :)

Edited by pimento
  • Like 2

Another comes to mind. Cooks Cactus from SA are great! Very helpful, great selection and quick to post.

Ive picked up some great ebay deals, got a metre long cut of a really fat solid bridge for 20 bucks last year. Some duds too, rot and mould on a few pieces.

There's one buyer that keeps fucking me, week after week, out bidding me in the last second, must have a real speedy connection and a fat purse.

Sounds like he's got a sniper doing the bidding for him Pimento. He will always get the last bid unless you download a sniper of your own or exceed his top limit, which probably means you won't be getting a bargain. There's heaps of 'em on Cnet Downloads and places like that.

• Like 1

Any idea what type that is? Looks great!

I think its Pilocereus azureus