The Corroboree
Gimli

eBay/Gumtree finds

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Trichocereus-Huancabamba-Crest-Ultra-Rare-Cactus/253947564784?hash=item3b207452f0:g:vlMAAOSwVEBbz~3I:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

lots of these in oz, i may have even sold this seller this crest last season, for way less than they are asking.

At least he didn't make up a fake name for them.

Prolly shoulda just stated them as lost label though.

I met the guy in Vic when i was there a couple months ago, good bloke, hes got some very nice plants.

The other named seed growns hes selling may give the buyer an idea of what the no named one may, kinda impossible though to name a hybrid once the tags gone.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ethnoob said:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Trichocereus-CSD-11cm-cactus-cutting/233081696990

It still has a day to go and is already at a mind boggling $692 for an 11cm cactus.  The bidding war at the end of the auction is going to be brutal.

I don't think you understand

CSD   CSD   CSD   CSD

19 minutes ago, Caster said:

CSD   CSD   CSD   CSD

I know it's got a legendary rep and all but it's just a cactus.  More than that though look at how many pups the original is putting out.  There's no reason for it to be rare or getting such absurd amounts of money.  Then again knowing all that it would make a nice investment. I might actually be able to make a sizable chunk of the money I've dropped in my garden back if I went down that path lol

• Haha 1

If you are experienced in slab or areole grafts you'd make a bit of money with 11cm of material.

On 07/01/2019 at 7:07 PM, Caster said:

CSD   CSD   CSD   CSD

Ha ha ha cunts are getting ripped hard, pretty sure its not the original csd cut from research on fb. The bloke was just lucky to get a similar mutation from the same seed sorce. If you find his fb page you will see was selling grafts for only cheap last year

"This was based on a earlier misconception on my part, it is what it is and its worth whatever people want to pay for it"

Edited by Spiky Mc Cactus Face
Stupidity on my part not knowing the full story
  • Haha 2

Oh and he is "not" full of shit, i only asked him the other month if has any cuts for sale, his reply was he only had grafting material.

But he did send me a fb message letting me know about the ebay sale on Saturday, i only found out after i wrote this original post. That i have now had to edit because he is truly a ledgand amongst men 

Edited by Spiky Mc Cactus Face
Stupidity on my part not knowing the full story

55 minutes ago, Spiky Mc Cactus Face said:

Ha ha ha cunts are getting ripped hard, pretty sure its not the original csd cut from research on fb. The bloke was just lucky to get a similar mutation from the same seed sorce. If you find his fb page you will see was selling grafts for only $100 originaly last year 

yeah, its from the original grower. A member here. I don't think its a good idea to invest in a bit of csd for future profit. There's a bunch of people that have dozens of grafts that will be released over the next 12 months and the price will deflate quickly. It has become more sought after because of EG's book... It is also a very slow grower... 

1 hour ago, Spiky Mc Cactus Face said:

pretty sure its not the original csd cut from research on fb. 

Research on facebook? :huh:

• Haha 1

Yeah face book, awhile ago when i frist heard of csd, whent looking for it typed in csd in the search thingy, there was cactus page selling csd cuts at remarkably low prices, also found a bloke talking about his csd cactus that he grew from seed who had a similar name to the bloke selling cheap csd cuts. As i understand it the original was from cuts handed out to few lucky sab members as rememoral for a dead member who originally grew the original 

But i could be completely wrong if so i apologize 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spiky Mc Cactus Face said:

Ha ha ha cunts are getting ripped hard, pretty sure its not the original csd cut from research on fb. The bloke was just lucky to get a similar mutation from the same seed sorce. If you find his fb page you will see was selling grafts for only $100 originaly last year 

Research better, it doesn't get much more legit than that considering Sam is the one who grew out the original CSD from seed and named & spread the clone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1