The Corroboree
Gimli

eBay/Gumtree finds

This may or may not be trout.

Actually if it's not trout, i'll be surprised.

Edit - i'll take a copy of that magical unpublished study though.

Edited by TommyChesnutt

That is fucking gold! I don't even have time to read all that at the moment!!!

That's Zelly's ebay listing.

• Like 2

if its P.C Pedro youd be better of with 20g of sugar....

Edited by mr b.caapi

:-) it's a frickin horrible colour, sunburnt PC core and all! Bargain!!

yep , those two bidders really wanted it.

Great buy, what a beauty!

• Like 1

Yep, I'm so fucking jealous.

That's a massive cactus in a tiny pot

15 years old my ass, waiting another 10 years for it to pup....... you have gotta be joking mate

Description

This button is the slowest growing variety.....she is 15 years old, but only 4cm...flowers for you twice a year...she will not pup for another probably 10 years....if you do not have any patience for her then I suggest you go and buy a box of quick growing lawn grass seeds and satisfy yourself

She wants to make new friends and see new faces......I guess after 15 years , she is bored and wants a change....sorry to see her go....please take care of her

Please do not be be so selfish and give her ridiculous amounts of food to make her grow quick...it will not work...she will become sick...you will only kill her

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Button-cactus-thIs-is-the-slowest-growing-variety-/272018060442?hash=item3f558a349a:g:lYkAAOSw~bFWIMZV

^^ so the one i posted was 15 years old, your link shows his/her plants at age 30

looks they they grow alot more in the second 15 years

lol one pup every 10 years..... then why does the 30 years old have more then 3 pups ?

things don't quite add up here

^^ so the one i posted was 15 years old, your link shows his/her plants at age 30

looks they they grow alot more in the second 15 years

lol one pup every 10 years..... then why does the 30 years old have more then 3 pups ?

things don't quite add up here

Second clearly looks like lophophora williamsii caespitosa which if indeed is seed grown would be something like 30 years old to be that size, whereas the first would be be Lophophora williamsii. 2 very different plants.

As it is documented, up to 30 years to reach flowering in the wild, his claims are probably legit.

The evidence would be in the taproot though, which we don't get to see.. .

Perhaps you are used to cultivated plants and grafts?? I suggest this because these plant are renowned for being slow growers. .. from what I have read, and the descriptions don't seem too far fetched to me, at least not scoff worthy.. .

• Like 1

your comments about caespitosa are vaild, but personally ive seen these plants grown on their own roots the same size in 5 years, not 15

he/she also states, they only flower twice a year, well when they are healthy they can flower twice a month over the warmer months.

additionally its worth pointing out he/she has 3 really over priced plants up at the moment, the winner bidder is the same person on each auction

so im starting to think he/she is jacking his/her own prices up

maybe im just to poor to understand other peoples bids, but from my perspective $600+ for 3 plants is crazy

• Like 2