The Corroboree
Gimli

eBay/Gumtree finds

i was just going to post a link of it as well Bardo :)

its beautiful.

am wondering though if it would be best to graft it or leave it on it own roots........

I would leave it on its own roots but that's only because I wouldn't be confident enough that the graft/s would be successful, I don't know, would be awesome to get a tip graft and a few areole grafts and leave the base to pup, I bet this would grow pretty slow with the lack of chlorophyll so grafting would be good to get it cranking, if it was twice the size I would feel way calmer to cut into it, 9 cm isn't a lot to play with.

Kinda like the hamlet situation, To graft or not to graft : )

Beautiful blue with bright yellow, that would be nice : )

Yeh, it is beautiful but thats $40 a cm :o

Yeh, it is beautiful but thats $40 a cm :o

I actually expected it to sell for more than it ended up going for looking at past sales of variegates on ebay.

Are the people who are bidding on this just really stoned? It's a 3.5cm loph degraft that's been rooted and it's already going for well over $100. WTF?!?! :blink::wacko::blink::unsure::blink:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CACTUS-BUTTON-CACTUS-WILLIAMSII-/181767950270?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a5236cfbe

Not trying to suggest any foul play here but probably worth mentioning that based on the format of his description and the background of his images and whatnot I'm fairly sure this guy has multiple accounts. One other is Jozcactus48. I have seen him listing diffusa x williamsii (yes, cross) a couple of times that sold for a lot. Of course that's not saying people can't be this silly, in fact I've seen way worse, and ebay is a very silly place...

• Like 1

Page six of his feedback

Also just going through his feedback history, a huge majority of his feedbacks from last year seem to come from one or two users...

and you'll see the same exact pattern if you go through feedback history of Jozcactus48.

Well now I would suggest foul play.

post-11985-0-95879100-1433999764_thumb.j

post-11985-0-95879100-1433999764_thumb.jpg

post-11985-0-95879100-1433999764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Señor Jefferson
  • Like 2

Are the people who are bidding on this just really stoned? It's a 3.5cm loph degraft that's been rooted and it's already going for well over $100. WTF?!?! :blink::wacko::blink::unsure::blink:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CACTUS-BUTTON-CACTUS-WILLIAMSII-/181767950270?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a5236cfbe

I looked at that earlier today, just crazy, and its still got a few days left lol

• Like 2

Joe of jozcactus and ollieanddj is a con artist. His plants are simply small as fuck and he will happily big against you raising his prices. I called him out on it by a phone call, he since barred my number and doesn't reply on eBay. I've gotten 3 second chance offers for the one variegated echinopsis once when I used mine and some friends account. He couldn't say too things the same to either account the story was always changing.

Hamiltons throw a strange number of second chance offers around too and will hapoily sell you a plant as 1/4 the winning bid price.

Not sure how they get away with it?

• Like 2

I bought a plant off him years ago. It was a bit over priced but he was nice enough to deal with. Have even confronted him over bidding on his own plants. Meh. I just wish I had the space for greenhouses like his. I don't deal with him anymore. Over priced and not honest.

Hay everyone longtime member 5th time poster.

Not sure if anyone is interested in some of the plants I've came across, but figured id post em and let you take a look.

P.S. still trying to find out how to post a proper URL that takes you to the page i want to show, so bear with me on this one.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-macedon/plants/button-cactus-/1081494058

Ouch,, that's a cereus for $900???