The Corroboree
redman90

single finger and twin conjoined fingers on plant.

Hey. Lets say i have a friend who has a plant that generally grows leaves with fingers that range from three to nine. But has a different looking one (same type of plant). It has single finger leaves or two finger leaves but are joined to one another half way up the leaf section. Can anyone tell me weather its from a lack of nutrients or a ph thing Or even to much nutrient.

It could it be an early sign that its going to be male?

This is it

post-15847-0-76041100-1422331256_thumb.j

post-15847-0-76041100-1422331256_thumb.jpg

post-15847-0-76041100-1422331256_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Is this all over the plant or confined to a few of the larger leaves?

How big is the plant?

Edit - seen the pic as I posted.

Looks like a plant that has come from indoors and been put outside.

Interesting growth but nothing unusual for a fast growing annual imo.

Edited by pimento
  • Like 2

Nope this is all over the plant not just big leaves samll ones as well and its prob about 3 ft high 3ft across

nope i definatly know that this has been outside at all times and was grown from seed. Iv watched this become the plant it is today. And its always been the same.

It may revert to normal as it flowers.

You could clone it to see if it continues to have the same growth into the next generation.

• Like 1

Ok so its just some weird mutation not a lack or to much of anything. And is the only way to sex it when its about to flower.

g12?

Looks like a girl

Sweet but how can you tell this early is there any obvious signs to tell. And as for g12 im not sure i dont get how to tell strains apart just yet. Apart from the whole thin or thicker leaf.

Intuition, however it's easy to be wrong.

Edited by pimento

Ahh ok. And yes i have been wrong in the past before going on intuition. But thanks for the help. And would it be worth doing a couple of clones?

Haha true true. Ok well ill get onto it. Thanks for the help.

Ok i am 99% sure that it is some kind of duck foot lineage. From the images i have seen on google images it looks idenical to quite a few photos. Thanks ill be cloning it now. :)

Ok i am 99% sure that it is some kind of duck foot lineage. From the images i have seen on google images it looks idenical to quite a few photos. Thanks ill be cloning it now. :)

Make sure you use softwood clonex stuff, the red stuff is for hardwood.

Ok no worries thanks for the tip.

Wow that's one of the prettiest plants i ever saw !

what a lovely shade of green... reminds me of Turnera ulmifolia with the one fingered bits

G-12? , how many G-# are there?

I only hearda G=13 ...

anyhoo,

I hope she blooms well

oh yeah

i heard through the grapefruit vine .....of some mother plants exceeding 4 years !

.... so much for it being an annual like they tell us on my island

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

Don't get ahead of ya self about the ducks foot. Some plants are just mutants, sow enough "bag seed" and it'll happen! I saw a mutant once called "bugweed". Grew massive single finger leaves that looked like an old school basil haha, don't think anybody did anything with it besides stick it in the porch. Occasionally it threw 3 fingers but the middle one was always prominent.

I bet those boys could've bred it for a pretty penny!

Haha thats good to hear cause i have been unsure of this thing for quite awhile. It was the ugliest thing you would of ever seen. I am so glad it has filled out.

If it sets seeds there it would be interesting to see if the seeds develop into plants with the same trait. You know, just in the interest of science.

Always liked mutants. Favorite plant ever had three sets of leaves at each node, rather than just two. Not exactly an ultra rare mutation, but it was a beautiful plant.

Anyone breeding ducksfoot, or mongy or abc or anything similar these days? Do those seeds still get around or have they faded into obscurity?