The Corroboree
Fenris

Marijuana firm set for ASX debut

From

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/26031271/marijuana-firm-set-for-asx-debut/

Ross Smith's Phytotech Medical is set to make its sharemarket debut on Thursday to become Australia's first listed medical marijuana company.

The company, which wants to develop medical cannabis delivery systems to help those suffering conditions including chronic pain and cancer, easily reached the $5 million target under its initial public offering prospectus and two weeks ago agreed to take an extra $932,410, also at 20c.

It will give Phytotech a market capitalisation of $8.9 million.

Phytotech lodged its prospectus with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission in November and wanted to list before Christmas.

However, its status as the ASX's first medical cannabis company provoked "an extra level of scrutiny", as Phytotech insiders described it, and probing of a partnership deal with Yissum Research Development in Israel.

Israel, where executive director Mr Smith and managing director Boaz Wachtel will be based, is also a key market for Phytotech along with parts of Europe and the US which have regulated medical cannabis laws.

Phytotech says it will spend $3.2 million of IPO cash on technology development.

dont tell me after 40 years of being vilified by ignorant laws, Australia is moving out of the dark ages... hmm, about F*n time! I will predict much evolution in our tech industries, along with a far more motivated work force. I have always wondered how a person with such fine values and a desire to help all those i can, could be so vilified over a simple and harmles plant for so long. other than a community that appears totaly sociopathic. this is good news for rather a few folk a suspect that would stand to benifit themselves and their community if able to "help themselves". just when i thought there was NO HOPE for australia and it's people.

I wish I had grabbed some shares yesterday, they are up over 80% in 24 hours or so. Go you good thing :bong:

4 times the original price now in 2 days trading!!!

And at this point they don't actually do anything do they?

Edited by Cubism

Why would he be located in Israel in the first place if he was the executive of this company, Isn't Israel one of the countries the government have been intercepting and stopping people from travelling to? I wonder what connections he has there, and weather they happen to be ISIS supporters or hired gun's that he has come across in his Travels, Interesting to see what happen's with his facebook rant, and to weather anything happens to this guy he was threatening on a public forum. You'd think someone as old as him would know posting incriminating statements on such a open outlet like facebook is a big no no, hopefully his actions don't negatively impact the company.

Why would he be located in Israel in the first place if he was the executive of this company, Isn't Israel one of the countries the government have been intercepting and stopping people from travelling to? I wonder what connections he has there, and weather they happen to be ISIS supporters or hired gun's that he has come across in his Travels, Interesting to see what happen's with his facebook rant, and to weather anything happens to this guy he was threatening on a public forum. You'd think someone as old as him would know posting incriminating statements on such a open outlet like facebook is a big no no, hopefully his actions don't negatively impact the company.

The company is based around sourcing medical cannabis from Israel and S America to supply the US market. So far all their activities have been with a company called Yissum in Israel. So thats why hes based there. You can find the company announcements on the ASX if you wanna find out the full story. Unless its changed recently, our govt kisses Israels ass like USA an everyone else. Israeli money has a lot of influence here so travel there isnt an issue at all. I assume the "protection" hes talking about is the Israel Occupation Force (Israel military) but bear in mind he has a long history of dodgy behaviour so is probably talking out of hes ass.

Funny, I read on HotCopper a couple of days after they were listed, a comment saying this guy has a long history on bad behaviour and it was only a matter of time until he did something stupid.

Internet tough guys........gotta love em!