The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teonanacatl

Why would anyone have a cat as a pet!

yeah, seems like an ego trip to many huh. it's not. i do keep that in check rather well. i do have much passion though, and do feel free to exress it. venting, yeah, got an issue with that. also your right, i am trying to deal with some issues that have come to light. under mostly the streeses of my battle with FIV. you raise a valid point about the right place / time to vent. thats very true. if i am to look over these posts, it's obvious to me i'm by no means the only one. anyhow, as far as your point pertains to me as a person, you have a valid point. thank you. for at least you, have some understanding of me.

edit - i have much passion for cats. i dont wish to condem anyone. i am autistic and just present my views. lacking tact. i am as open to the views of others as i am open minded too. i just wish to express myself as do others. does this not serve as a benifit to us all as people? i do not profess to be "right". i find reality to be far more complex than i could ever express, and understand.

I think Killing is a part of a predators nature. Killing for fun is a waste of life and a thrill kill IMO.

witness killer whales having a wow of a time killing baby seals. while they are the orca's prey, why would they do this if they weren't sadistic arseholes?

big cats have also been witness "playing" with their prey, but their behaviour suggests suggests it's more hunting practice

Interesting point Stu.

Orcas have complex hunting practises which vary from pod to pod eg it is learned behaviour. A kill method employed by one orca could be entirely unknown to another. They are amazing predators so mightn't their being complete jerks also be a case of developing skills?

what is a "pisser" a dick?

You know a thread has gone to the shitter when u see fucking wil andersons head make an appearance!! That guy freaking irks me to the end of the universe and back and then some arrrrreggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjnnnnhhhhh primal scream primal scream get ur smug unfunnyness away from meeeeeeeeeeeeee

^ it is actually adam hills (not saying he is funny)

^^ a pisser is a something which makes me laugh immensely "that guys facials and cheesy smile are a pisser"

i wonder if he and myf did got married

dare i re enter this shit storm.

cats dont kill and maul people, (some) dogs do.

for you to say a cat person is ignorant for saying oh my cat wouldnt kill is just as igorant as you saying your dog wouldnt maul.

both have the capacity to cross the line.

my cat kills. big woop. I have rosellas, king parrots, black and white cockatoos, kooaburras, the list goes on, Lyrebirds!

all ive ever seen dead is rats,mice, the one off snake. and occasionally a little finch. but predominantly rats and mice which is just fine by me.

I love having a little killer around, shes my stealth kitten.

And i do venture further than my backstep, theres nearly four acres and i cover every inch of it at least weekly (steep terrain).

You keep a cat cause to begin with there cute. They just make you love them... then they turn into shit anywhere vomit everywhere c=nts. But you cant get rid of em' cause there intial cuteness n sucky ropes your neck. Fuckin cats man. Love hate relationship. Yep.

Edit. Some cunt just done a piss weak burnout out the front. Tosser. Like a cat shiting or spewing where its clearly un-acceptable. Cats n c=nts are all the same. Mofos!

why this focus on shit n vomit everywhere, in my experience it just isnt the case. my cat only shits inside if left inside for an unreasonable amount of time, like 48 hours. when i find it shes embarressed. its usually wrapped up in something like a towel because she tries to cover it over, the same as she does outside, she will do her business and then cover over it with dirt.

very clean animals ime.

for you to say a cat person is ignorant for saying oh my cat wouldnt kill is just as igorant as you saying your dog wouldnt maul.

If that was in my direction I tapped

and always have a chuckle at the "...my cat wouldn't kill argument.."...lol.

Nah my cats these days have no respect for spew/shitt location. Shitty always used either my clothes or electrical cables. Do you know what a pain in the ass it is to clean cables laced with cables. The other day she shit on our four pin adaptor behind the tv. So some shit started frying while we watched tv. It stenched massive till we located the dump site. Had to buy a new adaptor. Little bitch but i still have love for her. They say you hurt the ones you love i guess.

As a testament to how tough cats are I witnessed a 130kg Tongan front rower hit a feral black Tom cat over the head with a grain shovel with all his might for pissing all over his windscreen at work. Would have killed me, hell would have killed a deer. The cat ran away and returned the next day as if nothing even happened. I would never have believed it if I had not of witnessed it myself. They are darn near invincible.

Edit- double post

How's some of them cats on the animal planet show with the cat whisperer dude, bald head, tattoo sleeves, guitar case, some appear possessed by satan himself, I would draw the line at being attacked by a cat, although a skitzo angry cat would make a formidable foe, can't bring a gun in the house I guess and I wouldn't want my staffy getting infected scratch wounds- how does one take out a demonic possessed cat? Wouldn't let it loose outside to eat my birdies and lizards, chuck Norris maybe?

how does one take out a demonic possessed cat?

Swap drinking water with holy water, der.

Nah my cats these days have no respect for spew/shitt location. Shitty always used either my clothes or electrical cables. Do you know what a pain in the ass it is to clean cables laced with cables. The other day she shit on our four pin adaptor behind the tv. So some shit started frying while we watched tv. It stenched massive till we located the dump site. Had to buy a new adaptor. Little bitch but i still have love for her. They say you hurt the ones you love i guess.

Have you considered a litter tray in the house somewhere so if your kitty has to go in a hurry then it has a place to shit instead of on your electrics.

One of our cats has kinda lost its bladder control (17 yrs old) so we've a litter tray by the back door if he doesn't make it out in time during the night, stoners sleep very well and can't hear the cat scratching on the door to go out.

Of course I don't empty this litter tray, it's the other halfs responsibility, we have set jobs (lol) n shit rolls down hill :)

In my younger days a dog I had (dead now) kept shitting in this old house I was living in (unsealed wooden floorboards) not being able to deal with it I covered each log with a container, after a while there evolved a snazzy looking installation of multicoloured containers encasing petrified dogshit. There were so many olfactory goings on in the house that a bit of lingering shit was the least of worries.

A few months later when the containers were removed, interestingly most of the piles of shit had ether disappeared of petrified. The petrified nugs were removed with a shovel. Concluded that the 'missing' nugs were devoured by bugs that got between the floorboards from under the house.

Maybey cover that shit with a container next time Wert and see how long it takes for it to go crusty. :)

On the topic of sadistic animals, has anyone watched a doco on chimpanzees? They can be as horrible as humans, so it doesn't seem killing for fun/cruelty is only a human beings trait, come to think of it I've seen cruelty and meanness exhibited by horses and ducks as well, oh and aquarium fish! Some are real nasty bastards!!

I've often wondered if another animal would be better if as earths apex predator. I don't think so, imagine if ticks ruled the earth! Or praying mantids!

the ability to be a willful cunt seems to be a fundemental facet of all higher animals. cuntiness being so often evolutionarily favorable