The Corroboree
_Cursive

BE AWARE: - Kakusy.cz

BE AWARE:

I placed an order with Kaktusy.cz well over a month ago now [17th November], and I have not received anything. I have tried to get in touch via Email and all I get is an automated response, "Received OK, thanks".

The order was very expensive and now I am in the process of a dispute with Paypal. I have not received anything from customs either.

I will update if the order comes through and retract if necessary.

Just be aware.

PS. Has anyone else had trouble from them in the past? I heard they were legitimate, that's why I placed an order through them.

• Like 1

I haven't ordered from that site specifically but czech republic sellers are known to take a long time to complete an order. 2 months wait time is not uncommon however once payment is sent it usually ships within a week or 2.

If I understand correctly you sent your payment with your order? If that is the case you are at fault. You should send your order form and you will receive the automatic response "Received thanks." After they complete your order, within a month or two, you will receive an invoice showing the complete cost of each seed (some seeds may be missing if they were sold out) and states please pay within 2 weeks or w.e. After you send the money it is quite quick to ship to you.

You need to be aware that they receive orders from all around the world and takes time to complete the orders. It is quite easy to become overwhelmed with orders especially after a break from Christmas/new years.

Good luck with your order.

• Like 1

Yeah, they are 'legit', but as m.s said, they take very long to fill an order, and still use that ridiculous 'invoice' system. I never bought from them, but know of them, and they are not scammers or anything, just lazy. Also, their website is very badly made. Those two factors will always make me avoid them and go with the seller from Sweden, who has a wonderfull site, very easy to navigate and order, and instant checkout system.

I once bought seeds from a German seller with the same 'invoice' system, the problem was that the waiting period was nowhere mentioned, and when I sent an email after patiently waiting for several weeks, the reply I got was quite rude. The seeds were slightly cheaper, but not worth it IMO.

I hope you'll get your seeds soon! Good luck!

everything i ordered from kaktusy (except validus ... pfft!) has arrived,

some seeds took like... 4-5 months to arrive to the uk as far as i recall (long enough to forget)

their e shop http://www.kaktusy.cz/eshop/ seems to be better than the guys above are saying... i can only assume they fixed a few things before i got to em?

they appear to be the same place as eu cactus hobby , i only know because both my eu cactus hobby and one of my kaktusy orders

came in the same box, either that or they work together..

the seller from Sweden is awwwwwesome! just wishing on newer tricho section lines for the last year

and if the German one mentioned happened to be koehres, ...

i often guess they must have had kranky customers prior or somethn

.., but regardless.... ive had a very successful order from them last season and I'm pretty happy with them

enough to have used them again this sowing season

its worth the assholey way of ordering for some seed sellers ... albeit rather annoying/inconvenient

but its not so bad by the time the little cactlets are doing well :)

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

oooh , if you already paypal claiming .... perhaps the above info is of no use ?

the only thing that pissed me off bout kaktusy was the 3000 validus seeds i ordered not turning up , when everything else did

... but they might still arrive i guess.. which will be nice

I ordered from a really weird website that had some photos of a new mammillaria species on it. The email about the order went to [email protected] though. So I'm guessing it's through them. They just said "Thanks for the order" with no invoice. I kept asking with no response for a while if they meant to send an invoice or something. Finally after a month they said "When seeds are ready to ship you'll get invoice." Still haven't heard back. Been about 2 months now.

yeah H , thats the same peeps i think

and I always sent payment with my orders soon as ordering them

it could be maf.......I have been waiting for some seeds from Holland ...I know they were sent & normally its a 7 day trip...so my guess is they are on maf's table...waiting for them to staff up after the holidays...

Edited by Dreamwalker.

and if the German one mentioned happened to be koehres, ...

Nah, another one. They were not a bad seller, they have good prices and quality seeds, but I was still annoyed having to wait for the invoice, without knowing I had to wait for the invoice.

And the kaktusy webshop is still difficult to navigate. Take Echinopsis for example. 58 pages, with 8 entries on the page, many of them just different seed quantities. 3-5 seconds loading time X 58... Well, don't know about you, but I loose patience after the 47th.

Also TH, don't know if you saw, but SS got a couple new species on Jan 1st.

• Like 1

Let's just put it out there... Euro folk are ALOT more lax than us Aussie and US/UK folk... Their business manner could be considered pathetic compared to the likes or shaman australia nursery or Zellys website...

Sounds like they come through in the end and yeh cactus hobby do.. Although tbh I'd forgotten about the initial order and several months later received an invoice and notification the order had been sent.

• Like 1

That has nothing to do with their nationality. I've done bussiness with some verry sloppy and lazy people from the US and the UK, and with some amazingly great ones from Sweden, Hungary, Italy, Poland... After all, German stereotype is 'efficiency'.

Labeling a whole continent on the basis of a couple of seed sellers... Hm...

• Like 1

I've ordered from Kaktusy, but they sent the payment instructions with the seeds - it took about 6 months to get the seed though, and only about half the species I requested were in it. Apparently it takes awhile as they source the seed from a seed network of sorts, not sure how true this is. Apparently Czechs are notorious for selling wild-harvested plants and seeds too, not sure how true this is either.

Just be patient, sit back and pop open a Budvar, the order will arrive. Na zdravi.

That has nothing to do with their nationality. I've done bussiness with some verry sloppy and lazy people from the US and the UK, and with some amazingly great ones from Sweden, Hungary, Italy, Poland... After all, German stereotype is 'efficiency'.

Labeling a whole continent on the basis of a couple of seed sellers... Hm...

Will rephrase and say "all my experiences" ;) I've only ever done seed orders through very well ran us/aus based places.. But my euro orders have all taken 3mth minimum and have arrived within 2 weeks of the orders being confirmed as processed and sent.

It's defiantly no grievance, and I only compared them pathetic compared to two other retailers (who have amazing 2nd to none customer service and speed of deliver). When I order from the EU I expect this turnaround, maybe their just busier or more relaxed about sending orders. I can't even remember besides cactus hobby who I've ordered from, they are always off the cuff purchases of a particular item unavailable anywhere else

Edited by prioritise

tang-

havent tried SS (shame on me) yet but thanks for the heads up, a few people have sung their praises to me already too , I got as far as printing some order forms and um ... yeah

not sent em and probably the seeds i wrote on it are gone now .. oops

im sure I'll get to em at some point

oh yeah , on the subject of seed sources, how are WSS doing lately for cacti?

theyre fairly fast postage and gods of the seed world for some things

I kinda didnt try again for cacti tho after gettn some wsf red flowering clumping validus that did nothing

, but ive seen some folk's germinated by the looks of it ..

illustro-

*raises cup of tea* (-_)o

clink!

nas drowie :)

• Like 1

I ment the Swedish SS. :wink:

I also never tried SacredSucculents, mailing money over the ocean kinda complicates things, but I've heard they are great.

WSS just buys bulk seeds and resells them at 10X the price, they are as good as their sources are. I've ordered from them a couple of times, got good germination rates, but a better way is to find out what their sources are and order directly from those people.

• Like 1

oh succS yesss , ive had some very happy times following their seed's arrival

from germination to aftercare to requesting validus (lol), their manners are impeccable

and i just ache for the next tricho's they might have... that i dont already have :)

they rawk rather profusely indeed

• Like 1

Hi Guys, you know, I don´t really care if those guys are from the Czech republic or Afghanistan. If they take Money from People they should be able to respond to problems and situations like that and don´t expect people to wait 3-6 months and pray for their stuff to arrive. I understand that they may take longer to complete an order as long as they are able to give people a chance to get in touch with them. From what I read here and from what I heard before, i feel like it´s a borderline support. Accepting payments with PayPal and not responding to problems sounds really unprofessional. I know kaktusy and heard good things about the Amount of different species they have on their list. However, i have yet to hear a compliment about their overwhelming service though.

• Like 2

Hi Guys, you know, I don´t really care if those guys are from the Czech republic or Afghanistan. If they take Money from People they should be able to respond to problems and situations like that and don´t expect people to wait 3-6 months and pray for their stuff to arrive. I understand that they may take longer to complete an order as long as they are able to give people a chance to get in touch with them. From what I read here and from what I heard before, i feel like it´s a borderline support. Accepting payments with PayPal and not responding to problems sounds really unprofessional. I know kaktusy and heard good things about the Amount of different species they have on their list. However, i have yet to hear a compliment about their overwhelming service though.

You're right; all it would take for me is a non-automated response to keep me happy. I have not dealt with this company before, hence my concerns.

I haven't ordered from that site specifically but czech republic sellers are known to take a long time to complete an order. 2 months wait time is not uncommon however once payment is sent it usually ships within a week or 2.

If I understand correctly you sent your payment with your order? If that is the case you are at fault. You should send your order form and you will receive the automatic response "Received thanks." After they complete your order, within a month or two, you will receive an invoice showing the complete cost of each seed (some seeds may be missing if they were sold out) and states please pay within 2 weeks or w.e. After you send the money it is quite quick to ship to you.

You need to be aware that they receive orders from all around the world and takes time to complete the orders. It is quite easy to become overwhelmed with orders especially after a break from Christmas/new years.

Good luck with your order.

I received that email after a few days with the purchase order # and cost totalled. Paid them, so no problem in that department (I just double checked).

From what I have gathered they are just EXTREMELY slack, so I will wait.

Thanks for all the info guys! I will keep this updated :)

Thanks again!

Peace :)

I should add that I haven't made the payment yet. They haven't sent an invoice. So I still have my money.

Actually I ordered a few seeds from these people many months back - after a few months they actually sent them. But Paypal had timed out by this time - so I got them for free. Their tough luck for being so appallingly SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW.

• Like 1

That sounds like a 100yo Grampa without access to the Internet running a Seed Business. Doesn´t sound like ill will...rather something chaotic. Actually, it reminds me a bit about Knize.

• Like 1

You gotta appreciate that they don't run on the tpyical business model of orderable stock actually existing, I would rather call them a plant & seed networker / sourcer rather than a retailer. Through their networks they have an absolutely mind-blowing 'potential' inventory that no rival comes anywhere near to matching. I used them simply because they had species, forms, and localities that I could not find anywhere else. If you want rare / hard to get seeds then they'll do their best to get them for you. If your priority is just getting some token-ass species/forms/localities quickly, then you're much better off with the retailers.

• Like 2

Hello Illustro. This is not about their business Model and it doesn´t take a greedy mainstream business to have a functioning Customer Service. Quite the opposite is the case. I agree they have an impressing list and i have trouble understanding why it would be so hard to actually provide a halfway decent customer service. The Explanation that "they are czechs" isn´t really somthing that is accepted in the business world. I had quite a few cactus Seed Shops fucking up my orders in the past 20 years and I don´t know why it´s always cactus shops but those guys need to be professional about stuff like this. Everyone who makes money with something owes the customer a halfway decent service.

The problems that i read here are probably nothing but communication problems and because of the fact they could be so easily avoided, i feel like it´s totally appropriate for the guys to not be happy about that. Nobody questions their networks or what they can get you. In 95% of the orders, everything may go smoothly, but there will always be the remaining 5% that can damage your reputation if you fail to address them. I am pretty sure that this is not Ill Will or anything like that. But i guess the times when you could have a 6 months delivery time without being able to provide some basic feedback are over. Luckily. It takes 30 seconds to write an email. And i am prerry certain they make enough money to pay someone a couple of bucks to make the technical correspondance.

• Like 1