The Corroboree
☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

What chemicals does my body release when I look at Plants that I think look good?

??Can anybody tell me the chemical name or the function of the chemical process ...

where by I look at plants.., that some people seem to think aren't as pretty as I do..

and feel a sense of

"well being" and I mean just by seeing them / being in close proximity / growing them and learning

their history ... botanical or anthropological.. and trying to help them back in some way

only thing i can think of on the plants list of wants is: to reproduce and spread its wild oats...

like anything of nature...

but really the question is , whats the name of the endogenous "feel good" process within and the ingredients at play?

and do you think plants can influence them purely by external-only .. close proximity?

here's a tune to liven up the place...

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 2

No twist if we enjoy something our brains release dopamine, being the creatures of habit that we are if we find any activity enjoyable we will seek that activity again and again,our brains are wired for reward we seek the most pleasure possible as for some people not enjoying them as much as you everyone enjoys different things .And as for whether plants can influence this by being in the same space? i enjoy my plants i love gardening so yes they do influence me on an external level but only due to my appreciation of them especially cactus those guys are addictive :wink:

• Like 3

its also the colours that affect our brains. the green from plants is very soothing and calming, i think due to our historical connection to plants as a food/medicine/ source, but moreso our reaction to the green light, as well as all the other colours plants produce.

plus when you just really love plants, caring for them makes you happy. me personally i feel so grateful and mystified by their beauty, geometric patterns, and healing properties :)

• Like 6

Fructose, amino-acids, phosphorus, potassium & prostaglandins. Acid phosphotace, calcium, sodium, zinc & fibrolycin, sulphate chemicals & protein mucus. Pottasium & magnesium. With some oxytosin

Aka jizz!

• Like 2

its also the colours that affect our brains. the green from plants is very soothing and calming, i think due to our historical connection to plants as a food/medicine/ source, but moreso our reaction to the green light, as well as all the other colours plants produce.

plus when you just really love plants, caring for them makes you happy. me personally i feel so grateful and mystified by their beauty, geometric patterns, and healing properties :)

In some circles I've heard of the activity of gardening as "Nutrition for the Soul" - but with real chemical activity. Every day I love being in my garden; sure there are 'things' to do: I must transplant the Physalis so that it's roots have comfortable room; I must water; I must be aware of the heat of the sun in this upcoming dry spell. But the real joy is the hours of sitting walking appreciation within. When your companion (human or otherwise) looks at you that way, your body releases oxytocin; I have no doubt that we feel similar when our plant companions "look" at us...

• Like 5

I am pretty sure its more complicated than dopamine - serotonine, but I dont think it really matters.

Excitement, anticipation, bliss, joy, feeling full, feeling right, feeling like you have kids, that you really care about someone..

For me this was the most impressive change after getting into gardening: the fact I realy cared about those plants wellness, behaviour, name, all...

Hey do my plants feel empathy towards me? I really dont get this often with people.. Not even girls. It happens all the time with cats though..

Edited by mutant
  • Like 5

I think they do once they have built a level of trust in your maintenance skills and provisions.

I propose they (some plants especially uk cacti IME) may even be defensive / aggressive until you gain their trust...

(in their own degree) :) maybe spiritual residues?

(hence the lack of pain from spines during cactical ops mode - after a bit of experience of doing your utmost by them)

perhaps even some arrive scared until they're placed with a fat collection of pampered stunners?

(requires existing successful collection IME.) B)

I like to think so even if I may end up being wrong... and I just can't find a way to rule it out .. so it must be true :lol:

plus when recieving cacticals from super SABages they always feel happy already upon arrival.

Taquimbo visiting dreams and then in the morning having germinated really threw me ...

just like tunkunaka did about 6 months prior which was shocking enough ....

and just like the waveys the night before they found us.

so not just plants either... in all this umm... what should I call it? -communication?

I'll call it intelligence for now :o

what is this "girls" phenomenom of which you do speak? :innocent_n:

are they a craft or skill, we here, posess?

They sound like there may be a really nice tasty one out there.. perhaps with some ketchup... mmm..

maybe a personal psiloscaline faerie will appear from the mists of avalon or somethn like that ...

but fkn anyway... I digress , so yeah..

if I may have once known what they were... it must've been far too long long a time ago to recall :lol:

• Like 2

Lol I think my point of view towards them is a bit more cynical / physiocratic / natur-o-centric.. But they (plants) are to respected, even weeds are to be respected.. Plants were here long before we came and even if they dont know much the way we do, they must be feeling way more comortable than us here.

About what I said about empathy... I have heard again plants love their keeper if they're happy. Dunno if its true, they should be with this potting soil and watering and all..

The second thing I said was not written right.. I meant I dont easily feel empathy towards people (not even girls), but cats do it everytime for me...

So to be perfectly honest, cats taught me empathy and being affectionate: not people , not plants.

PS: On the getting spined note.. yeah its cool how we learn to not be bothered by getting spined mostly by large spines and all but its still pretty annoying when we get spiked from shitty smaller spines that get easily detached

• Like 1

My plants want to have sex with me but i decline because i dont like bees buzzing around my thingymibop.

• Like 3