The Corroboree

Hi all, I have had my dog Declared Dangerous by Moreton Bay Regional Council for biting my attacker in my rural house yard. Boo Boo Bear (my 6.5 yo boxer/mastiff male) only bit on command and I only commanded his help when I could see no other solution to saving my life and the life of my house mate. Full story available upon request, I even audio recorded the attack, Proving that we acted in self defense against a trespass with intent, forced entry, breech of the peace, terrorism etc.

post-13488-0-29096300-1418595532_thumb.j

Boo Boo's punishment, for doing what any kanine would do in this situation, is life imprisonment, nutering and sighnage. If I can not afford all of this they will take him away for destruction.

I had Boo Boo independently temperment assessed and he was not considered dangerous by the assessor, infact the internationally renowned dog trainer/assessor admitted that every single dog would bite the attacker under these circumstances..

Does this mean that all dogs should be considered dangerous and treated accordingly?

He has never bitten before and he would only bite again if I was under vicious attack, note 3 large guard dogs were present this day and this did not stop the man jumping a padlocked gate after being told not to, resisting detainment and removal, instigating an altercation with two more men ready to jump over my gate and join in aswell. I was in fear of my life and yet they walked away with nothing more than a bloody ankle.

If you have a dog, be assured your dog would also want to chew on the ankle of someone who had entered your yard with the actions of harming you. Your dog will also be deemed dangerous for saving your life and your property.

Has the world gone mad?

Do I need to tie my dogs up before picking up the chainsaw in self defense.

Now if your dog barks and scares someone he can be "declared menacing" with similar restrictions.

Just for letting you know someone is there, at your house, uninvited. My dog barked at a policeman and he was capsicum sprayed in the eyes the copper said I was lucky he did not shoot him. WTF?

Full transcript available of this police incident.

I have appealed council's decision ( internal review) and that was denied with the response the dog "Has Offended". So off to QCAT we go, I now have to go through the external review process, hopefully a judge will see the logic here.

What is the point of owning a dog if they are not allowed to do the one thing they are designed to do. Protect the master human or bark like a living doorbell.

Council told me that not all dogs that bite are declared dangerous, so why has mine been?

Is it because one of my attackers has an OAM? Which I will be appealing to the court to investigate further because I believe such a lowlife man should not be able to boast such a title.

Can OAM's be revoked? Is it safe to ask?

I have not even touched on how I was treated by the police and I am going through Victims of Crime to try and get some justice. I may not be able to afford justice and I find that unjust. Of course legal aid will not help with the cats and dogs act stuff and the free 15 min barrister was useless. I have had to study the criminal code and the Animal Management Cats and dogs act 2008, understand it and try to put my case together while suffering from extreme emotional trauma (PTSD), mental health issues, homelessness, poverty and abuse. Adaptogen herbs are helping with my high stress symptoms, we can talk about this in another thread.

Has anyone else had a similar dog v council scenario?

How did it end up?

Any lawyers in the house? I could keep you employed for years! Pro bono!

Save Boo Boo Bear and dogs everywhere!

post-13488-0-15763200-1418595660_thumb.j

post-13488-0-29096300-1418595532_thumb.jpg

post-13488-0-15763200-1418595660_thumb.jpg

post-13488-0-29096300-1418595532_thumb.jpg

post-13488-0-15763200-1418595660_thumb.jpg

The world has gone mad ! Mastiffs and Boxers are beautiful natured dogs, It sounds to me like Boo Boo Bear was protecting the ones he loved, I have a Mastiff x . She is as gentle as a lamb with people and with other dogs. But I know that if me or my partner were under threat she would do what most loved dogs would do and that is defend her family. All the best with Boo Boo Bear I can tell by his face he has a gentle soul.

• Like 1

I just want to give your dog a hug :(

I think it's a load of shit that a dog should be destroyed for biting people, CONSIDERING THEY WERE ON YOUR PROPERTY!!

A friend of mine was broken into a few years ago (they came in thru the roof), they fell thru the ceiling and injured themselves, sued my mate and won o.0 what a load of shit.

World has gone mad...

• Like 1

Next time use a gun... :uzi:

..i recently read the rules about dangerous dogs myself. Apparently it is illegal to train a dog to "chase...another animal" ! So hunting dogs, and dogs that like to run around the yard with their friends, are also against the rules.

shoot to kill,shoot to kill,shoot to kill

• Like 1

Wouldn't your best bet be to charge the offender with trespass etc and then take the verdict to your local council? Surely a local area command cannot ignore you if you go in and request to have charges drawn up? Take every name of police you speak to and make sure to keep all your audio etc safe, cos if they are sending you out telling you to shove it, surely that's not allowed?

But after all, the world had gone crazy...

Hugs to boo

• Like 3

I went through a similar experience with the BBC (Brisbane city council) over an incident with my cattle dog and a local scumbag trying to leave my yard with my property.

I went through a lot of crap with the BBC and my local MP, only to get know where. I did have one chap visit from the council one day who seemed to empathise with my case and even agreed the current dog laws need to be reviewed. This guy was about the sixth person who had come to my house from the BCC so I wasn't expecting much in the way of help. Much to my surprise and relief he came back and labelled my dog menacing. My dog got to keeps his nuts doesn't have to wear a muzzle and was scheduled for 6 month reviews which are now annual reviews due to his good behaviour and my good compliance. In saying that tho, if my dog does ever have an other incident he will be put down(if they can find us good luck fukas) there are no warnings nor will he be declared dangerous.

I don't know if the guy followed protocol or waved a magic wand back at council HQ, but I am very thankful to him...the rest of the people involved can eat a D...heartless mofos.

Best of luck to you and Boo

• Like 1

Poor dog, your in a bad situation and I feel for you and your pooch, you may have to prove this was a break in some how, this may involve getting the police on side and reporting the incident, no matter how ill you are it will not suffice as an excuse for not formally reporting the incident, the council will not even bother listening to the audio you have,

You are best hiding the dog ( shitty legal advice that will lead to more trouble no doubt) thats all I would/could do in your situation, you will need to be vigilant and strong willed but at least you will still posses your beloved animal, or you could lynch the dirt bag who broke into your dwelling and get him to retract his complaint and tell the authorities that hes a compulsive liar and to ignore any further compliants logged by him, if it a good enough lynching it will work, then get the f@#k out of the morton bay area.

Really sad story wood woman, but we live in a society where you can break someones nose and use the excuse of constant drug abuse and internal rage to get away with it.

Terrible advice but thats what I would do in my situation but I would probably rob a bank to save my beloved friend

(I had to put my pooch down in august this year due to cancer and iv been really hollow ever since and probably will be for many years yet)

• Like 2

WoW! Thanks for all your responses. I did try to make a complaint and have charges pressed on the attackers on 2 occasions.

1)On the day of the attack ,to the attending officer.

2) a week later at the Caboolture police station.

On the first occasion I was ignored

On the second occasion I was told I would be too hard for me to get justice and it would be easier for me not to try.

So terrorism is apparently O.K. in Australia.!

You can rip someone off, humiliate them, lie, bully and cheat them and when they finally stand up and say no more you are allowed to intimidate, harass, stalk, threaten and assault them, their friends and the poor pets.. Wooh!

I was under the impression QLD had recently passed the laws which said that any dog rushing at someone, even behind their own fence and unable to make contact with the complainant, could be declared dangerous. All it takes is for the complainant to make a statement that they felt threatened. It's a bullshit law which readily lends itself to real abuse

Which merely reinforces my desire to not go to QLD or support their economy

I chose my mastiff for it's breeding, it's distinct disinclination to move more than it has to, and it's tendency to be ludicrously happy for any excuse at all. When we went to puppy school and dog training, all the trainers constantly reinforced that it was my job to protect the dog from stupid people, because stupid people will panic and he'll be declared dangerous on hearsay evidence. He's well trained, and gets great feedback from the kennels and trainers. Which is not protection against stupid.

I've had a few people behave really oddly around him because of his size. Or let their dogs get away with bad behaviour because it's up to me to make sure their stupid yapper doesn't get hurt if it chews his leg or bites him. I don't take him out in public too often because of it, their body language and demands are too unpredictable for me to consider them safe or sensible.

I have CCTV at my place so if a complaint is ever made, I will have video evidence

No matter who is wrong, the big dog will get the blame

I don't know your situation woodswoman, but I'd be inclined to move the dog interstate for safe keeping. If it isn't microchipped, have it microchipped interstate under another name. And tell Council it died of snakebite.

Edited by Darklight
  • Like 3

That's, well, just shithouse.

So if someone comes into my yard and attacks me and my staffy bites them me and my dog are in the shit?

Mad world.

I used to work for a wealthy, eccentric rose farmer lady. She was getting quite old and frail but we where good mates, even to this day. A very educated, prim and proper lady however every third word was fuck" or "fucking". Awesome value. Anyways she kept getting broken into, the last time she confronted the dude in her house. She had balls of steel. She basically told him to fuk off or she would call the cops. 20 ur old methhead pushes her arse over tit and stomps on her ribs, breaking four and splitting her head wide open which required stitches.

Anyways the cops came took a report dusted for prints etc, wherent hopeful of getting him at all. So the old girl says to the cop she should have hit him over the head. Cops said (she rang me when she came to so I heard the words fall from the cops mouth-

"No, you should have hit him over the head and kept hitting him until u knew he was dead, then place one of ur knives in his hands and make sure it's printed with his prints- if he was still alive she would be charged with assault (especially if she kicked his ass without a mark on her) if he was dead with a printed knife she could claim self defence.

Weird

• Like 2

Is using a dog in defense like I did then considered assault with a deadly weapon?

I am liking anarchy more and more. :uzi: These robocops scare the shit out of me. :o

Nooooo booboo! One of the last times i was at your place booboo lead me back. I walked too far n couldnt see the house, lucky for me the dogs knew the way. they were nothing but loving and so very obedient. This is so sad to hear. I just want to hurl some rotten eggs at the whinger.. not that it would help!

Edited by Laila
  • Like 1

Thanks Layla, it has been an horrific year, Boo Boo is now dead thanks to Moreton Bay Regional Council and I only have Pandy left. post-13488-0-29826200-1439765368_thumb.jI have moved but not interstate, just around the corner actually. Let me know if you feel for a visit, my gardens are amazing. Hope you are well.post-13488-0-23896000-1439765736_thumb.j

post-13488-0-29826200-1439765368_thumb.jpg

post-13488-0-23896000-1439765736_thumb.jpg

post-13488-0-29826200-1439765368_thumb.jpg

post-13488-0-23896000-1439765736_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about your loss woodwoman. I wasn't online when you originally posted this, so I didn't know what had happened until now.

Condemning a dog to death for being loyal and protecting its owners seems like madness to me.

I just returned home after witnessing a dog get hit and killed by a van, the prick driving didn't even bother to stop. He had to know he'd hit it because it went under the front and back wheels. I turned around and went back and watched the dog check out. There was no-one around so I went door knocking until I found the old girl who owned the dog. She was using a walking stick to get around so I carried the dog back home for her.

The dog looked exactly like the dog in the pic you posted above, he even had a small white blaze on his chest too. :(

Edited by Sally

Oh Woodwoman, I'm heartbroken for your loss for something so uncomprehensibly unnecessary :( Booboo looked like such a sweetheart. I've had cattle dogs and hairless dogs, I don't believe in "dangerous breeds" and I don't doubt that a little yappy dog would've gotten off scot-free in the same circumstances.

May Pandy (also looks like a sweetie :) ) and time help heal your heart.

• Like 1