The Corroboree
folias

"Articulations : On The Utilisation and Meanings of Psychedelics" book now available!

My book "Articulations: On The Utilisation and Meanings of Psychedelics" is now available, just in time for Christmass!

I have created a little web site for the site book here:

http://www.articulationsbook.com

There are 3 ways you can buy.

1) From me direct, the advantage for me is I get more money from this and you get it quicker, especially if you live in Melbourne, where you can pick it up from a friend in Thornbury and save $8 postage. (I am in South Africa atm)

You can buy from me on the articulations web site via Paypal, or send me $25 via bank transfer if you are going to pick it up. Or bank transfer me $33 including postage. Send me a message and I'll send you bank details and I can also give you a quote for multiple copies.

2) From Amazon.com, where they have just listed it.

http://www.amazon.com/Articulations-The-Utlisation-Meanings-Psychedelics/dp/099255280X

3) From your local bookstore who can order it in for you.

• Like 10

Oooh wow. Looks interesting.

Good luck with it :)

nice work, can you explain in brief detail how this adds to the existing body of knowledge?

also can we get a sample chapter?

Edited by DiscoStu

DiscoStu,

For one thing, I don't believe in knowledge per se. I believe in understanding and perception, which the book encourages. The act of reading it should be one of connectively understandings oneself and one's own internal experiences. Fixed knowledge is passe. There is groundbreaking stuff on the acacias in there however. You may have heard of a smoking blend called "changa"? Well, I am the pioneer of that.

I'll post an excerpt at some point soon!

Julian.

Edited by folias
  • Like 2

It does appear interesting to me. Not so much the practical guides.. Although they seem like possibly a good thing maybe to have a reliable one-stop tutorial.

Maybe it doesn't "add" much but seems like almost too good of a launching point.

Thunderideal,

Read it first and then you tell me! :-) There is a enormous amount of new insight and information in this book! I share a lot of techniques, my understandings of new cultural forms and practises and settings in which to explore these materials.

Thing is, absolute newbies will get as much from this, as even the most experienced people.

I've really downloaded all the stuff that I have picked up along the way that is not well known or known at all, and put it in here.

It would be a good christmass present for mum or dad who may not see the revelance of this sort of work! :wink:

The Kindle edition is coming very soon!

Julian.

i'll give it a crack, PM coming

nice cover art too

Anything on Changa's gotta be worth a read I reckon.

Cool!

Just ordered a copy off your web site.

Looks like some realy interesting topics covered in the book.

Awesome cover.

Congratulations on the compleation.

I can't wait to give it a read!

Cheers

• Like 1

damn looks like a very interesting read might have to jump onto the list also congratulations on releasing it

• Like 1

Was good :)

Definitely worth the read if you're one who engages and or reads on this broad subject.

• Like 2

Digging it!

I must say I share many of the views espoused in the Chapter 7 excerpt. Nicely articulated good sir! :)

• Like 1

Hey folias;

I paypal'd nearly 3 weeks and still no sign of the book, any idea on a likely time frame this may be shipped??

I can't see your PM here, so it is best to message me or email me about it so I can see who you are and find out what the situation is.

Also, I have been getting someone else to do the sending for me in Oz which is not an ideal situation! (I'm in NZ atm)

Hey folias I ordered directly from your website. I will pm u the PayPal details. Thanks

I digested my copy, and found it entertaining and engaging.

Some newer concepts are fleshed out a bit, and no punches are pulled in a very honest personal account of the subject.

Lots of info that is going to be helpful for newbies testing these waters,that Julian has charted pretty thoroughly.

Its fits into the existing body of books, with a very Australian perspective look at our beloved subject.

It would be the first book I would recommend to people wanting to know about plants and the motivations for exploring them.

Good work Julian.

• Like 5

Thanks for the excellent review, and I'm glad you enjoyed my book.

It would be the first book I would recommend to people wanting to know about plants and the motivations for exploring them.

Awesome, that was my intention writing it. Over 100 copies sold so far and I'm really starting to get such positive feedback on it. It makes it all the work worthwhile, even if only 100 people do read it!

folias,

Thanks for sorting that out for me, the book arrived safely this week and I am quite enjoying it!

Your writing style is very pleasant to read and flows nicely. I am looking forward to the rest of the read!!

I wish you all the best and hope to come across further work of yours in the future..

I also love the cover art!!!!

take it easy!

“Articulations” in paperback is now for $25 available from:

Polyester Books, North Fitzroy, Melbourne
The Pixie Collective, Thornbury, Melbourne
and Logical Unsanity, Bardon, Brisbane

http://www.articulationsbook.com

Edited by folias