The Corroboree
folias

"Articulations : On The Utilisation and Meanings of Psychedelics" book now available!

This is the first I've heard of your book and immediately ordered a copy off amazon. Can't wait to read it; especially since you seem to be of the similar persuasion to me in that there is no set-in-stone TRUTH. I better hurrry up and take more baths to finish my current book so I can hook straight into this!

Love the cover art too.

• Like 1

Great! I hope you like it!
Yes, promotion has been a struggle! Amazon reviews are really appreciated.
I'm going to be on different podcasts, in various books, interviews, articles and famous people web sites, yadda yadda, but it is going to take some time to build up momentum!

Highly recommended! I thoroughly enjoyed the perspective of - make your own perspective! I personally believe in advancement through recognition and respect for historical/traditional values, but importantly to integrate the new and honed experiences and thought structures as we move forward and evolve. Does that make sense? There's probably only a few things I'd respectfully disagree on but would love to have a face to face discussion about all and sundry topics. Your writing style is very easy to absorb, even though amusingly you seem to contradict yourself multiple times; yet that's where I feel the most comfortable on a subject such as this and only reinforces my view that there is no absolute truth. There were a lot of quotes I felt compelled to yell out to my partner from the bathtub because I couldn't agree more lol.

Kudos, and when I have some more time up my sleeve I'll be writing a review up on amazon and also PM you about a few things :)

• Like 1

I've just released the 3rd edition which has a new section about mushrooms and has hopefully most of the kinks ironed out of!

You can get it on payhip where I get most of the money and not Amazon!

https://payhip.com/b/m0Au

The 3rd edition hard copy will be available on Amazon in a few weeks, and has a matte cover, is a bit thicker, a new layout and is printed on creme paper.

Edited by folias

Oh, and for some gratuitous promo! I'm the Graham Hancock author of the month for January.

http://grahamhancock.com/palmerj1/

And this is a link to a youtube interview I did with Canadian author James Jesso recently!

• Like 1

I just read the book and enjoyed it. I found the articulation on these methods of exploration quite engaging and I was impressed by the knowledge you have researched and produced in these writings. The only section I found disagreeable was the way you covered the nature of dark beings. From my own perspective these malevolent beings can be dangerous if the right precautions are not taken. I really appreciate that you are encouraging these explorations and making this kind of knowledge available.

Courage,

Thanks for the feedback! What do you disagree with how I covered the dark beings? I thought that I had covered that pretty well. What precautions do you recommend for people to take?

Sorry I probably should have been clearer in what I was saying. It comes down to my core beliefs of this nature. I will explain my understanding so that you can see why I personally had conflict with that section. Darkness is separation of the light and thus needs light to sustain itself. That is inherently the intention of dark beings and so not understanding this leaves one open to manipulation. If one is not open to manipulation then one is more likely to fall victim to attack so these intentions can be maintained. Proper protection from this kind of assault (I have reliably been told) takes years to develop. This is what I believe or understand, but is not what is necessarily absolute truth. I just wanted to point out what I personally thought was worth further consideration. Sorry for any misunderstanding and thank you for being open to my point of view.

If one is not open to manipulation then one is more likely to fall victim to attack so these intentions can be maintained.

Can you explain that a bit better Courage ?

It seems like a bit of a paradox.

I'm no expert I'm mostly going by someone who I consider to be spiritually advanced and who has gained my intuitive trust. I have of course had my own experiences. It's an extremely diverse topic so I can't explain something that has so many intricate facets. I don't want to criticise anyone else's experiences or beliefs, just to share my own as it is without offending anyone else.

If one cannot be manipulated into being a 'food source' and instead tries to reach outside of a fallen creation a last resort would be to attack in order to suppress anyone attaining their own true light.

Sorry that is a terrible explanation but I don't have the energy to give a proper in depth explanation. That is all I can offer and remember I'm only sharing my beliefs not intending to act as absolute truth or disrespect anyone else's beliefs.

Peace.

If one cannot be manipulated into being a 'food source' and instead tries to reach outside of a fallen creation a last resort would be to attack in order to suppress anyone attaining their own true light.

i think twice now you have formed that sentence poorly which is why sally originally asked for clarity.

Yes I apologise I cannot articulate things well. My beliefs are based on a strong intuitive sense within me and aren't necessarily rooted in intellectualism.

---

In the process, these “leading” teachers unwittingly offered themselves up to dark force manipulations. Many were fooled and caught up in the thrill in the phenomenal experiences that they mistakenly thought were signs of “enlightenment”. Skilled energy manipulators trained in the dark arts can induce all manner of states of elevated consciousness and phenomena. Many are truly fronts for dark forces that are not even embodied.

The influential leaders go back to their respective networks of people and extol the virtues of the energy manipulators. This has the unfortunate effect of turning many more naïve individuals to offer themselves up to these parasitic dark practitioners. Overall, the result has is that many influential individuals become conduits for dark force energies that seek to misdirect as well as to stimulate people for the purpose of siphoning off their energy through invisible energy conduits.

Like a virus, these energy conduits can be propagated and p[assed on, tapping into the energy fields of one and many. Simply stated, this is a form of vampirism and it prevents spiritual growth and expansion. (A material world analogy would be an oil refinery distillation tower that cooks the raw material and draws off various volatiles for sale.)

Spiritual seekers are often willing to risk much to access their true selves and expanded consciousness, as there is a powerful drive to reunite with ones own divinity. The best advice we can offer is not to join any teachers, movements, gurus, schools, religions, etc. unless you are very certain that it is the “real deal” and not an energy manipulation and moneymaking scheme.

Better to spend your time and energies daily intending and connecting to your highest self, your direct line of energy and consciousness that connects to your highest source energy and the consciousness of The All.

http://www.pfcn.net/Bulletins/Discernemt,%20The%20Dark,%20and%20Falsehoods%20-%20Dec%202007.pdf

---

My point being if one cannot be manipulated into reinforcing the intentions of the dark one is then vulnerable to attack as this is just another way the dark is enforcing those to remain in a parasitic creation structure.

third time ^

but i think i finally get you now. you're saying that if certain dark beings are unable to manipulate you, they will instead attack you.

so where is the third option?

Edited by ThunderIdeal

third time ^

but i think i finally get you now. you're saying that if certain dark beings are unable to manipulate you, they will instead attack you.

so where is the third option?

Yes that is essentially what I'm trying to convey, apologies for my expression.

The third option? I suppose that would lie in obtaining a direct connection outside of this creation structure with your own greater self. That's something I practice and am becoming successful in doing, but would be even more difficult for me to try and explain. The website I linked above has a bunch more articles on it.

Now I have been told by a woman who studied anthropology in those cultures who used entheogens for divination or the likes, the plants were considered very sacred and only used under strict supervision of those who were experienced in holding the space, and this is because of the reason I have mentioned.

Don't quote me on that, but it is for me enough reason to tread very carefully around this area. Again these are just my thoughts I am sharing, I don't want to criticise or negate anyone else's experiences. But thanks again for considering what I have to say.

OK, now I see what you meant. Thanks for elaborating Courage.

I've read similar things before regarding spiritual training regarding entheogens and what you said about the supervision and guidance that's given before a shaman will be able to safely navigate the higher realms. They normally start from a young age and work their way up to some of the more powerful & dangerous types of work.

I also agree that outside & cultural influences can play a large role in the space you enter when embarking on a spiritual journey. Sometimes Gurus and and other cult like leaders can influence our reactions in the conscious and subconscious states and placing too much faith in their belief systems can have a real impact on the journey. In many ways those pre concieved notions can shape the journey by placing restraints on the natural flow of things.

I don't follow any formal belief systems too adherently these days. I like to experience the Qi of the space I'm in at the time and evaluate it on what I can see hear & feel. I've made a few mistakes over the years, so now I just pick my moment (set) and go with flow.

• Like 4

This is a good discussion ,. What I would like to ask ,out there is

A. Do you feel that these dark beings , entities, are real , in the sense that they themselves are self aware , are sentient , have their own agenda , volition , maybe they have mothers?? ( I know there are plenty of malevolent , manipulating people out there , I've made plenty of mistakes in that department too. )

B.Are they like a physical/spiritual inanimate process , a vortex roaming the realms looking for completion, like an electron might "seek " out a proton . Or

C. Are they unconscious/ subconscious aspects of our selves that through the use of entheogens , we "dangerously" allow to become subject to our awareness.

Personally I lean towards C. Although I'm open to A. being the way it is , its just I haven't met any malevolent beings with plant medicine yet.....

I love entheogens , because they are boundary dissolvers . Our existence is defined by constructs , mental , emotional , cultural , religious , family , gender , nationality . These constructs are our shelter and haven , but then they also are our prison at times . Entheogens , (and I include Teacher plants , Qigong , meditation , fasting , Kirtan etc) have the ability to dissolve boundary. What are we when we are without boundary ? Courages option 3 , original being , or self , open ,free flow ,without center or circumference

For instance , the cult of Catholicism is cosy , be nice , go to church and when you die you get to go to heaven forever , but there are rules, you are not allowed to go out side that construct , you couldnt ask ,I imagine , that, if God is a bloke does he then have a penis , and if has one , what does he do with it ? I imagine that is a no go question . Entheogens kick the shit out of constructs , well actually , more simply they just show that they are constructs , they are artifice . I'm not against constructs , they work , its just good to have the freedom to step outside from time to time

• Like 5

I felt the book contained a good answer to that, better than I could go about explaining it too.

What I would like to ask ,out there is

A. Do you feel that these dark beings , entities, are real , in the sense that they themselves are self aware , are sentient , have their own agenda , volition , maybe they have mothers?? ( I know there are plenty of malevolent , manipulating people out there , I've made plenty of mistakes in that department too. )

B.Are they like a physical/spiritual inanimate process , a vortex roaming the realms looking for completion, like an electron might "seek " out a proton . Or

C. Are they unconscious/ subconscious aspects of our selves that through the use of entheogens , we "dangerously" allow to become subject to our awareness.

:):)

The way I like to look upon these matters..

If one's mind wants to explore avenue A. or B. or C. in any moment, they become real for that person's mind, at that time..

As real as one's mind want them to be..

The moment those realities need to be exchanged for a new reality, the fantasy does its thing and one's being is conveyed to the reality needed :innocent_n:

When one comes across an unpleasnt being, reasons are assembled in one's mind to utilize the experience..

One may accept the reasons suggested by a 'guru' or a knowledgeable person.. or imagine/fantasize/ reasons on their own.. The result is accepting a reality that makes you happy/unhappy/, or invent one that makes you happy/unhappy/.. A matter of free will :rolleyes:

Edited by mysubtleascention
  • Like 1

I don't think there is any single category of dark beings... and they always look different to me.

I think many are parasites who feed on human energy, (like we feed on plant energy or animal energy), to me many of these guys look like big insects.

Some are deceivers/tricksters.

And then there are demons. (as in the opposite of angels)

Then there are characters out of a dark fairytale or lizard people.

Then there are cybertronic forces, who look more like robots.

Human like beings. Then there are negative versions of animals we have on earth like mantises or elephants.

And Jellyfish like beings. Grey alien beings. And so on and so forth.

They are dark insomuch as they bring malevolence, they either want our energy, want to deceive us, cause us suffering, maintain us in a framework of control or set us on paths that behoove themselves (normally some kind of vampirism) or they have some kind of agenda that may be mysterious to us.

• Like 3

So how do you maintain the right protection?

This is my main concern as I don't feel these kinds of beings are something to be taken lightly.

The only thing to fear, is fear itself

@ jungle john - I lend towards C , So for me, because i believe these darker or lighter beings are actually part of myself, the best protection, is to be honest with myself and face my demons head on. I dont want to hurt or attack these darker sides of myself much the same as i dont want to protect myself from myself, i actually want to confront deeper level of my personality, become comfortable with them. accept them for what they are, and try to learn to love them.

No disrespect intended for anyone who lens towards A or B

• Like 5

There is an entheogen that springs to mind that one is completely removed from any possibility of predisposition, that's not to say your consciousness doesn't react to scenarios, or you are not present. but more the sceNarios that play out have very little to do with you and your own life experience. You can manipulate where you go to an extent but that world(s) exists with or without your concious awareness..... :-) in my opinion.. .

There are other entheogens of course that allow the individual to sail deep into the unchartered realms of their own mind. I guess it's pretty subjective without being able to be specific

I used to be more of a C person, and that worked to the degree I felt it did at the time.

Then I started deeper initiations into understanding "the dark side", meaning I was shown the extent of it and why it existed and wants to exist and so on. It took me a long time just to accept these realities on their own terms because they are so horrorfying.

Then I started fighting back when attacked. I think "protection" is over rated. Sometimes you need to take these guys down. Now I feel like they leave me alone more as they see what damage I can do.

I'm giving a talk at somara conference in early feb and going into this very topic, but I thought I covered it pretty well in the book too!

Edited by folias
  • Like 4

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I guess all I wanted to point out is it can be dangerous to encourage usage if people have not undergone the correct preparation for dealing with these beings.