The Corroboree
☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Has this Acacia confusa suddenly gone varigated?

Has this Acacia gone varigated please?post-14443-0-33597100-1417963590_thumb.j

it has had some powerful sun over summer

even had to trim off some crispies lol...post-14443-0-25672400-1417963596_thumb.j

or do they just do this normally with full outdoor unprotected sssssun?

it performed outdoors to be hardy as fuuuuu but i dont like risking my babies so brung it in for winter

as always thank you kindly and have your sweet little starfish a fantastic day! B)

-Hawersss

DSC00099.JPG

DSC00100.JPG

DSC00099.JPG

DSC00100.JPG

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Looks like a Nitrogen Defiency. Or another important Nutrient. I would fertilize.

• Like 1

thank you

*unzips.... grins #] , tinkles... ahhhh

hmmm ok maybe I shall offer it some miracle grow instead seeing as it's indoors till april x]

Bless ya EG

• Like 1

Nitrogen usually shows itself from the bottom to the top, not the top to bottom. I may be wrong with this type of plant but as a rule thats what happens. From outer tip of leave to inner, and from bottom to top. I would try hitting it with a small amount of micronutrients to see if its missing anything, Also make sure your roots looks ok.

• Like 2

yeah lets give the acacia sum nitrogen?????????????????????????

• Like 3

you have most likely lost the soil bacteria which is essential for it being able to nitrogen fix. (ie. its a legume, family fabacaea)

yeah, and as bullit pointed out, nothing to be gained by giving it nitrogen.

...and i doubt wether your "powerfull" summer sun up there would have been the cause of phyllode crisping, unless it went straight from

inside plant zoo to full rays.

• Like 1

it did indeed do just that , went straight out and dint burn for a few months but aye ,,,

thank you for the help :)

I usually use aquarium water to water it and was hoping the beneficial microbes from that would help

it was one of the very first ever successful acacia germination attempts throughout 2013,,, i think

and havent done anything at all to it yet re. nitrogen/ferts

I may get some pea....erm.... shit.... for that

or try a handful of soil from the simplicifolia, maidenii, bailyana purpurea or somethn in the mean time till i can be arsed to stay on the comp

cz i had to munch a wave cz i felt too close with headaches frm performance lights n shit earlier , the fkn bastages...

probz edit tomoz ... ;) ya sabbages

xxxxxxlove and oral naughtys xxxx

Yeah nitrogen is a "quick" moving nutrient and will move to new growth, leaving the old leaves yellowed. I'm guessing iron deficiency, possibly owing to overwatering or saturated soil or something. A micronutrient or whole fert hit will help, and don't water too much as it leaches the nutrients out.

• Like 2

has never been overwatered or saturated at any time at all,

but thats relative to what I see as saturated...

ok *takes step back incase own noobality is hindering that beautiful plant* ,

will get stuff for legumes

... micronutes shall be hunted down,

-only ever needed animal (fish) friendly micronutes before and that meant a special order from the chemists

however , I do have some lovely aeroponic ferts that apparently have micro nutes so I'll give those a sprinkle first

and post any changes/updates here and if theyre successfull eventually... along with legume innoculant or whatever its called...

then I'll hopefully be able to put a finger on it and see what you mean first hand

and bliss wishes and have a fantastic day!

and thank you guys very much

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

You can add some bacterial starters to the soil to unlock the nutrients already in there.

Feed the soil, not the plant is sometimes the way to go.

• Like 1