zODv6NH.jpg

Ob7Kbku.jpg

0LaTlo2.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by doxneed2c-me

9 answers to this question

2nd from last echinopsis oxygona???...

kaktus-world.ru

all the above that are opuntia as you know...I've seen them before .(2nd looks like a neat monstrose form)..may have a couple but can't name them...there's a few members on http://cactiguide.com/

that are real wizards re opuntia...

Edited by Dreamwalker.

1. Opuntia Monacantha Monstrose
2. Euphorbia of some type
3. could be any number of Opuntias in their young form will have to wait
for mature pads and see if they are recognizable .. might be very hard but theres a smaller

group that do that trunk growth first though it could be several species... Im pretty sure Galapagos does that
and O. Gomei does too but theres gotta to be many others with that growth habit
4. Echino something
5. shrugs no idea, there are some Euphorbias similar to that look too but im not sure

• Like 2

4 and 5 are both Echinopsis. Probably the same. Definite species Id not possible without flower! Obrepanda, oxygona, etc

• Like 1

3. May be Brasiliopuntia brasiliensis. First look-a-like I came across during a quick search.

• Like 1

The first 3 are from a local plant store they had no information on them and said they thought they ordered 1 and 3 as general Opuntia when I told them they were likely Opuntia. I am not sur e why a plant store wouldn't expect the genus species names from their suppliers.

I am not sure why a plant store wouldn't expect the genus species names from their suppliers.

I don't really get this either. I can see where the big box home improvement stores could care less about such things, but I'm dumbfounded when nurserys operate this way to varying degrees. It's kind of like running a video store and organizing the movies by the pictures on their covers rather than genre and having no way to locate a movie by its title.

It also seems that nurserys not specifically oriented towards cacti/succulent sales tend to treat the cacti/succulents that they do sell like the big box stores do and consider them all "cactus." My BF was once admiring a huge euphorbia crest at a local nursery. I explained to him that it was not actually a cactus and briefly explained the difference. He later mentioned something to the owner about it not being a cactus and was told that no it was in fact a "cactus" (there was even a plant tag labeling it a euphorbia).

Obviously I don't expect that everybody would know the difference between a cactus and a euphorbia, but I find it a bit funny/strange/odd when someone who is "into" plants enough to run a nursery doesn't know what they are selling.

to sum up

opuntioid variegata

euphorbia crest

opuntioid

echinopsis

echinopsis