The Corroboree
Huachu Ma

my collection - some picture from germany

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Beautiful!

Odd to see peruvianus labeled pachanoi, but not uncommon, a lot of peruvianus seed has been sold as pachanoi.

Thats actually a Kohres thing, when you buy Pachanoi from them you get exactly that (Peruvianus) WAchuma , please correct me if Im wrong.

• Like 1

Its not only a köhres thing. Some of the shops sell the seeds as pachanoi/peruvianus. First i grow some of my plants at the window and they looking like pach. Then i get my greenhouse and they make Boom and get extrem spines like peruvianus.

Greetings

• Like 2

so perhaps one of the ways to ID a pachanoi from a peruv,,,

is to put it in a GH? (or replicate those conditions artificially)

(after finding out my first ever tricho wasnt necessarily a pachanoi like the label saidpost-14443-0-63914600-1422228334_thumb.j - from the local garden centre)

this 'pachanoi' happened to have spent a year in the GH -not last year but the year before- and 'morphed' into a bridgesii

and I had a friend speculate it could be a peruvianus x bridgesii hybrid, half way through the morphing process.

One of my baby uk-sourced 'pachanoi' boomed some fuck-off=hefty, nice coloured spines after a year in the gh to try to pup itpost-14443-0-73741900-1422227996_thumb.j

here are the others ...from the same batch i bought as (technically, but at the time; unbeknowingly) my 'first pachanois'..... (that didn't go in the GH).

post-14443-0-02789000-1422228280_thumb.jpost-14443-0-41082600-1422228287_thumb.j

here is a plant from the 2nd batch of pachanoi i got from the same nursery (cactusshopuk)

post-14443-0-30219100-1422228388_thumb.j that spent last season outside..

i had bought them for presents but oddly enough 2 of the 4 people whom i gifted them to; died :o shortly after ...

so i kept this one for its link to their memory.

I wonder what my Yowie would do if i gave her some GH stylee

oh yeah , any singed/burnt spination you see onnem is from last years spidermite fux influx

(the tricho huasca i got from them was fkn riddled and has been a permanantly-outdoor plant ever since

, cost the best part of £200 on mighty wash before EG told be about sulphur alcohol and a toothbrush - but as far as I could tell , their other plants were fine , maybe their lobivia grandis was also culprit but the very same season I had an ario agavoides and trichocereus deserticola from France that came with a few floppy webs too)

DSC00022.JPG

DSC00025.JPG

DSC00026.JPG

DSC00027.JPG

DSC00023.JPG

DSC00022.JPG

DSC00025.JPG

DSC00026.JPG

DSC00027.JPG

DSC00023.JPG

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 3

I wonder what my Yowie would do if i gave her some GH stylee

mmm. I think you have to cut your Yowie in two pieces and send me one. I put it in my greenhouse and then we have to look. You are living in UK or not? And you have a OZ clone?

I want say if you dont give small T. peruvianus enough UV light they look like pachanoi.

I buy a german clone 'Tiefenrausch' the guy Who sell this plant say that is a short spined and thin peruvianus. I Seen a picture of a 30 cm plant and it was 100÷ looking like pach. I grafted this plant at spring last year on a pach an put it in a Greenhouse. Look at my picture...like fat and spined peruvianus. But i think its not only the light, the heat is important also.

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards

Edited by huachuma de alemania
  • Like 1

pm Huachu :)

english is good enough and yess the one in post 9 :wub:

beautiful spines!

I'm still very nooby to pachanoi and peruvianus .... and cuzco...

it's only this year I even began to have a clue ... since a legendary SABer in USA helped me with ID'ing my uk bought peruvianus as pretty much all most likely cuzco...

and another Legendary SABer in USA /Cactus master helped me with peruvianus ID...

and some German ebay 'Kaktus Helden' ; helped me learn deeper on pachanoi... (and incidentally macrogonus)

anyhow, I look forward to future pics and posts of your awesome collection!,

and GH testing cacti for spination enhancement B) on Tricho's

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Hell yes! Nice collection! I am of the envious emotion right now :P

• Like 2

Awesome and tidy collection.. Fantastic variation of Trichocerei

and yeah there are oz and new zealand clones in europe..

P1130412.jpg

scopulicola (budding) , pachanoi (TPQC) , peruvianus (los gentiles)

Edited by mutant
  • Like 1

....those spines!!

excited-baby.gif

Edited by _Cursive
  • Like 3

Wow! Stunning plants, Huachuma!!

I have an SS02 X Serra Blue. Nice to see what it may look like when it gets older.

Thanks. The SS02 x Serra Blue seedlings had a big variation. Some had a bridgesii look and some other had look like peruvianus. Want say, your plant can look very different.

• Like 1

nice collection dude that 'azureus' is stunning 

• Like 1

Beutiful plants Huachuma

diggn the long tbm