The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

machineelf

Symbols, or more like the rantings of a nutta.

Paradox's post about language and symbolism is fairly tight! This is the kinda stuff mckenna was ranting about 20 years ago how we create and define our cultural illusions through the manipulation of language/symbolism. When you really think about it and has been mentioned previously the connotation of meaning to the sounds we make is pretty fucking weird, and how about saying a word for like one hundred times in a row it starts to kinda get weird or maybe thats just me :wink:

It seems extremely obvious i guess that most manipulation via language/symbolism feeds of very basic & inherent human nature love, fear, greed, sex, prestige etc worth mentioning as the media laden world we inhabit is a product of thus - created half a century or so ago for the express interest of duping you into all this which i guess using words could be labeled the nwo which to my assessment is largely based upon greed, control being the after effect rather than some diabolical scheme to enslave humanity ( which would probably be more interesting in my mind lol )

I really like threads such as this that challenge the spirit of perception and the mass consensus not that i really agree with ickes stuff or the nwo rap but i see it as an important development in challenging perceptual modes, ideologies etc all paths lead to rome in a round about way, im hopeful that those who investigate such move onto more pragmatic issues that face us in the here and now. the important aspect for me is that you are questioning the world of man and searching for something else your own answers this is a great start although the path is fraught with perils and most of what you find you probably wont like all depending on the path you take.

Tis worth mentioning too that this (these times) is very much all a new and extremely novel and basicially pardon my french really fucken interesting times to be alive when one stops and grapples with the concept of our evolution and we are very much the summation of such. Which is really cool and scary in the sense that much of what we are doing is somewhat new/ extremely experimental but more importantly the potential for drastic change or failure to me anyway seems not that far off. And its sad that we are sold this kind of lie that well its all just humdrum and mundane and bleh but really this world and our lives are probably more interesting than we can and will realise in our lifetimes.

Keep searching for your own truths anon and when you feel the need for a measuring stick run it past us my friend. Yes this is an ethnobotany forum but it also has subforums for the likes of grappling with all that ethnobotany entails which is pretty much everything lol

Whats you all think of this Symbol? Made this last week from x-ray and elecronic scrap Silver Metal. Been in my head for about 2 years now. Dont know what it means either. Do you?

Handmade from a blob of Recycled Silver with a Hammer, Foredom, Jewelers Saw, and my new dual hose and regulator HHO plus Shellite vapour 10PSI smith little torch system. worked great till i realised id run out of "pickle" =(

Edit - It's a Spear-Head.

post-10276-0-48496600-1414460526_thumb.j

post-10276-0-48496600-1414460526_thumb.jpg

post-10276-0-48496600-1414460526_thumb.jpg

reminds me of

skinny_puppy_patch.gif

True. also reminds me of some medical symbol.. no supprise to me. This was in no way inspired (rather recreated in total acuracy) from any image I have ever seen.

What is "skinny puppy"? I get a feeling, mostly from the text style this is a "punk" or "metal" band / group. am i right?

What is "skinny puppy"? I get a feeling, mostly from the text style this is a "punk" or "metal" band / group. am i right?

Post industrial, close enough :P

Yes words are symbols but does one word have the power of a symbol?

well, i'd say of course it does, it is a symbol. i'm not sure what you're saying.

I'd say almost every word is deeply 'powerful' symbolic structure that we use to construct the universe.

have you ever considered the 'power' of using words like I? A single letter that in our twisted minds symbolizes the entire universe of our subjective reality.

I ..........that is powerful.........words are symbols...a way of expression...representation, we like to stick things into categories, but expression is just that..be it pictorial art, dance, words....symbols

mother goddess

Decrypting the Phaistos Disk

http://www.teicrete.gr/daidalika/pages/page.php?page=home

://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6Chcplx3tZ8

thanks trundles ;) ........i think :wink: and another thing, it's disappointing when the flow is disrupted by blanket deletions of said discussions. Whether you wake up the next day and regret your musings or whether you get a case of the "fuk offski's', it's generally poor form to remove the rantings from the argument. It's kinda of fun to start from the beginning and progress down the commentary but now the futures will not know your rants anon 'cause you tookem away with you ;(,

i mean, afterall, this whole sab thing will be a library in the future and i know i get pissed orf when i'm into reading some cool book and some koont has ripped out the important pages.

hope you are doing alright machinelf - i really mean that mang.

Machine elf if you are reading you And your family are 100% safe buddy, try not to spin out to hard over this.

Seriously.

I've sent u a pm I hope to hear from you soon, once you have calmed down. Always here for a talk via pm if u need someone to talk to, please just relax, I've seen what Ickes beliefs have done to other friends who are emotionally and mentally fragile (not saying u are), being a paranoid mess will not do you or your family and other loved ones any good at all.

Hope your well.