The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
firstaid

Lophophora Seeds?

Does anyone know where I can get a good quantity of these seeds? I'm in the U.S. so keep that in mind. I have two growing now but I need to germinate more. Send me an email if anyone has info. Thanks a lot!!

firstaid

Guest reville

go have a look in the webstore here and youll

probably find aoption for bulk peyote seeds (50)?

the seed is good

mine have just started and ive got 8 already..still popping up

Guest Trichus

I ordered some, forgetting that winter was approaching.

You reckon I could start sprouting this (or Trichs) in Sydney at this time of year?

Ive got a spare fishtank (about thirty centimetres length wise) but no greenhouse.

Thanks,

Trichus

Hey Reville I ordered the 50 seeds from here but it's been about four weeks now and I dont know if they receive my funds or not. I'm in the U.S. so sending cash in the mail sometimes will not always make it to the destination. I hope they received it?

trichus ... a fish tank works fine ... even better if you can rip the heating cable out of an old electric blanket and tack it to some insulating board that will fit in the bottom of the tank ... cover with an inch or so of gravel and you have a beautiful prop chamber ... timers for the lights are cheap as well.

Guest reville

hey firstaid it prob got through if you were discrete enough.i think i managed to get my order in on time by the narrowest margin but i wouldnt be expecting much for up to a month cos me and everyones dog probably did the same.

id say leave it a little longer then e-mail direct to see whether it got through.

Yeah, I did and my money has'nt made it yet but I am going to order more. Now if I can just beg Shaman-Australis to process my order during the holidays. I found more sources but I've never used them.

Hey earthalchemist,

Do you put the cables inside the tank or on the bottom outside? I was thinking about doing that but I figured I could just order one. By the way, I have'nt forgotten about ya things are hot right now. I need to give you my new email addy.

[email protected]

much cheaper to make one.

buy some insulating-type plaster board, cut it to fit in the bottom of the tank.

lay out the cable along the board in whatever way, a back-and-forth loop design works well, you'll figure it out.

you can get tack-in cable bits from the hardware store, tack it down and put it in the bottom of the tank, cover with an inch or so of gravel or whatever inert medium.

you might want to put handles on the board so you can lift it out easily to clean the tank ... something i forgot about frown.gif

So your aslo saying you grow the Loph's in straight gravel huh? Can I germinate my seeds in the same tank as I would have the older Loph's? I ask that because I've noticed my germinated seeds love humidity but my older Loph's like the more dry environment. I did'nt want to kill all fifty of my seeds.

theolder plants won't like the humidity of the tank ... maybe place them on top or next to the tank to benefit from the heat and light?

yep, i've germinated cacti in coarse sharp sand alone ... not gravel, a bit finer than that, but no sand particles to clog the medium. check out the section on CSS in Cultivation on this site.

good growing!

ea

Originally posted by firstaid:

Does anyone know where I can get a good quantity of these seeds? I'm in the U.S. so keep that in mind. I have two growing now but I need to germinate more. Send me an email if anyone has info. Thanks a lot!!

firstaid

Ican get you 100 seeds of peyote for fourty pounds. If interested please respond to markyarky@hotmail,com

Originally posted by reville:

go have a look in the webstore here and youll

probably find aoption for bulk peyote seeds (50)?

the seed is good

mine have just started and ive got 8 already..still popping up

I can get 50seeds for £20.if intresed reply to [email protected]

marko - please read my post in the numb thread !!