The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spooge

$250au giveaway..................DECIDED

pimento you are awesome. I want in on this aswell. I have a few different trichocereus hybrid seedlings and seeds that I can send to the winner if they want them. Plus a couple of other surprises

• Like 4

Hey Pimento you crazy cat, This may violate the rules because its probably considered illegal.

Anyway, about a month ago my work took me to an undisclosed chicken farm west of Brisbane. There was no one around and my curious nature got the better of me. I thought I heard a strange noise coming from inside one of the buildings and upon investigation this is what I saw.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z27w61453bn3qyt/VIDEO0058.mp4?dl=0

I figured since there were dead chicks around they wouldn't mind if I 'liberated' one. Since I don't have my own coup I gave it to a friend. Rocky is one lucky chicken and I now living the free range life he was meant to. I would have loved to save them all, but I would have been fired surely if found out.

I'm hoping the moral victory is enough to overcome the illegality of my actions.

td

• Like 7

saved a crow today and I felt good about it. ok before anybody says "what a crow",

no a raven. ravens are the smartest bird in the sky. they are smarter than pigs and dogs

and as smart as monkeys. well this guy was not that smart today. found him in the bottom

of a 200 litre plastic drum we keep milk in for the calves, up to his shoulders in milk,

looking like a drowned rat. He must have been getting the dry crusty bits of milk that was

sticking to the sides and slipped in. he was looking quite tired and greasy from fat in the

milk. so i grabbed a bottle of water from the car, that had warmed up from sitting in there

all day and washed, what crap of I could off. still to wet to fly I sat him on a fence post to

dry in the sun and get his energy back.

I am not going into this cool give away because A. i have no proof and B. there are cooler

things to be done. like selling or giving away fresh vegies out of a car boot in Woolworths car park.

• Like 4

Pimento you should change the name of this thread to 'what kind things have you done for birds'. I'm not trying to have a go at anyone, just find it amusing that pretty much every reply (including mine) has to do with birds :)

• Like 1

I'll chuck in $20 if its going to Nailthesnail.

gotta redeem myself on this forum. make up for all the ranting. :slap::P

Good onya man, if he does 'win' can you please forward the $20 to him or to who the 'winner' is :worship:

Everyone is being so kind and it is inspiring, so seeing as I will be moving houses soon and wont have any room to grow anything I will also chuck in a nice variety of seeds from my collection to the winner.
Lophs, Trichs, catha, brugmansia, desmanthus, acacia etc.

Keep the posts/ cool deeds coming :)

Cool, nice thing to do Ethos, could you also contact the winner and send them seeds :worship:

if theres an issue sending them to OS if the "winner' is OS, then maybe they could go to the runner up.................

Hey Pimento you crazy cat, This may violate the rules because its probably considered illegal.

Anyway, about a month ago my work took me to an undisclosed chicken farm west of Brisbane. There was no one around and my curious nature got the better of me. I thought I heard a strange noise coming from inside one of the buildings and upon investigation this is what I saw.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z27w61453bn3qyt/VIDEO0058.mp4?dl=0

I figured since there were dead chicks around they wouldn't mind if I 'liberated' one. Since I don't have my own coup I gave it to a friend. Rocky is one lucky chicken and I now living the free range life he was meant to. I would have loved to save them all, but I would have been fired surely if found out.

I'm hoping the moral victory is enough to overcome the illegality of my actions.

td

Yayyy, free Rocky, hope that chook has a real nice life now, no KFC for him/her.

As it involved thievery, technically it may be against the guidelines, however acts of random bravery and chook freeing should always be exempted :)..... always.

saved a crow today and I felt good about it. ok before anybody says "what a crow",

no a raven. ravens are the smartest bird in the sky. they are smarter than pigs and dogs

and as smart as monkeys. well this guy was not that smart today. found him in the bottom

of a 200 litre plastic drum we keep milk in for the calves, up to his shoulders in milk,

looking like a drowned rat. He must have been getting the dry crusty bits of milk that was

sticking to the sides and slipped in. he was looking quite tired and greasy from fat in the

milk. so i grabbed a bottle of water from the car, that had warmed up from sitting in there

all day and washed, what crap of I could off. still to wet to fly I sat him on a fence post to

dry in the sun and get his energy back.

I am not going into this cool give away because A. i have no proof and B. there are cooler

things to be done. like selling or giving away fresh vegies out of a car boot in Woolworths car park.

...............or growing ass kicking wicked fungus like no one else can :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Your grow the best mush man, n thats a cool thing

that crow will be raven a bout his rescue.

Pimento you should change the name of this thread to 'what kind things have you done for birds'. I'm not trying to have a go at anyone, just find it amusing that pretty much every reply (including mine) has to do with birds :)

yeah man, with a few exceptions.....its all about the birds :)

Are you up for sending the seedlings to the runner up if they are in oz Coolname?

also,

cheers for attaching the all important evidence email and pics of your vege garden with the things your growing for the teacher Nailthesnail, thank you :) the wheat grass is huge. :worship::worship:

3 days to go....

lotsa cool things so far n some nice evidence as well.

• Like 2

Pimento yeah man I will send some stuff to anyone in australia. Except for seedlings to WA cause that would probably be against the law. But I think seeds are ok :)

• Like 1

One day to go................ :)

An awesome member who wishes to remain anonymous has just added an extra $100 cash to the giveaway...........

that there is a fucking cool thang :worship::worship::worship:

Combined with Endorfinders $50 and the $100 from me makes a total of $250au which will go to the successful applicant.

Decided tonight round 10ish.

Machineelf has pledged $20 to nailthesnail if successful.

Ethos has pledged 'a nice variety of seeds' to the winner

Coolname some hybrid trich seedlings and seeds to the winner

thank you all for you contributions :worship:

• Like 1

my daughters saved me mainly my 1st gurl . I would be dead or locked up without them.

Edited by bullit

I am donating some seedlings and seeds. Is that a cool enough thang? :P

• Like 1

Ouft, I was going to make a cool animation of this but I got caught up! Late entry but I just got my mate out of a massive drug dependency addiction due to depression caused by his family ditching him!

Took a few years of him going in and out but he's quit everything but cigarettes now!

Soon he will be free of it all!

• Like 1

So who is the winner? If you want me to send you some cool thangs, just pm me after pimento crowns you as the victor :)

Thank you all for your entries :)

The winner receives-

$100 from an Anonymous member

$50 from Endorfinder

$100 from Pimento

+ $20 from Machineelf

Seeds from Coolname and Ethos

the $250 (+20) goes to................ Nailthesnail very cool B)

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39982#entry481002

Endorfinder, Machineelf, Ethos and Coolname if you guys would like to contact Nailthesnail to sort it out that would be cool.

The Anonymous member is sending me the $100 added to the other hunj it will then immediately be sent to Nailthesnail.

All the best with growing lotsa veg to help out your mate Nailthesnail.

gonna send you a pm to sort out the details.

Edited by pimento
  • Like 9

Congrats Nailthesnail!

Hope the money helps you and your friend.

td

• Like 2

Congrats to Nailthesnail :D That's a beautiful thing you're doing there :)

this forum just fucking rocks.

• Like 3

That's it I'm no longer protecting the wildlife from rednecks and Tongans !!!

• Like 1

Received the $100 from the anonymous member today............

added the $100 from the giveaway and sent the $200au to Nailthesnail. :)

How did you go with sending your $50 Endorfinder?

and the $20 Machineelf?

NTS has said he will let us know here when he gets the cash.

Edited by pimento
  • Like 1

Hey, Just posting to let you know have recieved $200 from Pimento and Anonymous member.

Thank you so much, I am thinking I might use it to get a better juicer for her as she doesn't have a juicing one and my one is old and budget.

Thanks Anon and Pimento it means a whole lot to me and my friend.

And thanks for the prints pimento I'm so excited!

• Like 3

Waiting on an addy from NTS, prize and some bonus seeds will go out soon :)

Thanks all, congrats nate!

• Like 1

and the $20 Machineelf?

anonymous aka machine elf appears to have left the forum.

Hey, Just posting to let you know have recieved $200 from Pimento and Anonymous member.

Thank you so much, I am thinking I might use it to get a better juicer for her as she doesn't have a juicing one and my one is old and budget.

Thanks Anon and Pimento it means a whole lot to me and my friend.

And thanks for the prints pimento I'm so excited!

Cool, thanks for letting us know NTS. :)

I had asked NTS to post here when the hunj from myself and the very generous anonymous member arrived.

So there is no confusion the anonymous member that donated the extra hunj is not Machineelf.

I've also asked NTS to post here when prizes from others have arrived so we know alls been delivered. :)

Best wishes to your friend NTS

Edited by pimento

I am gonna send nail the snail a heap of seeds in the next week or so. But he lives in NZ so I can't send any seedlings unfortunately

• Like 1

Great comp, great cause.

Maybe we could start a twice-yearly comp, kinda like a scholarship prize as reward for doing positive things with ethnobotanicals? A grant, that's what I'm getting at more or less... Whoever wants to donate however much wouldn't matter or be expected and we'd all get to vote on who deserved each round.

Just an idea, but there's no way I'd organise or it just wouldn't happen...