The Corroboree
-RC-

'Bought' trailer

http://avn.org.au/bought-movie/

Bought is a film about the issue of health being sold out from underneath individuals through big pharmaceutical companies, dangerous vaccinations and a food supply chain contaminated by the use of GMO’s.

Run time 90 minutes
Director Bobby Sheehan
Writer Bobby Sheehan
Producers Bobby Sheehan, Sara Feldmann Sheehan, Jeff Hays
Notable Cast Dr. Toni Bark MD, Dr. Patrick Gentempo, Tara Cook-Litman, Kelly Brogan MD, Barbara Loe Fisher, Prof. Mary Holland PhD, Suzanne Humphries MD, Allen Jones, Prof. Gayle DeLong PhD, Dr. Chensheng (Alex) Lu PhD, Prof. Stephanie Seneff PhD, Dr. Sherri Tenpenny

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 2

For some reason when I read the thread title I assumed that this was going to be a thread for bragging about having stolen (aka "bought" in parenthesis :wink:) a trailer.

lol

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 5

Although my 2c regarding the actual film is that I'd be wary...anytime you here the words "big pharma" and "dangerous vaccinations" in the same paragraph it tends to be advance warning of pseudo-scientific conspiracy content.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 6

^^ i don't.

i mean, yes, often discourse on this topic will involve claims being thrown this way and that. it's true of any topic, some more than others, and i imagine most thinking folk get tired of biased attempts to swing your opinion from either side of the spectrum. however, in a similar way to the topic of water fluoridation, i don't need to hear all of the claims or studies or statistics to know that this is skirting on unsafe territory, nor in this case will i even waste the single sentence needed to explain why these are questionable practices.

oh and for the record, i thought this thread was about a stolen trailer too.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 3

^^ i don't.

i mean, yes, often discourse on this topic will involve claims being thrown this way and that. it's true of any topic, some more than others, and i imagine most thinking folk get tired of biased attempts to swing your opinion from either side of the spectrum. however, in a similar way to the topic of water fluoridation, i don't need to hear all of the claims or studies or statistics to know that this is skirting on unsafe territory

To be honest, I used to think fluoridation was a dodgy and likely unsafe practice. And I also think (and continue to think) that climate change is a real threat that scientists are right about...you'll see why I mention that though below...

...in my research on the phenomena of climate change denial, I uncovered an uncomfortable truth - that although people (like myself) more toward the left side of the political spectrum are likely to decry and even shame those who deny the scientific consensus on climate change for ideological reasons, we are almost JUST as likely to commit the same logical fallacy when scientific information conflicts with OUR values. For example, I thought fluoride was terrible because it sounds like the government is POLLUTING our NATURAL water. While I also thought climate change was real (and terrible) because industry is POLLUTING our NATURAL atmosphere. My values here are pollution = bad, nature = good.

If you reverse the ideology you would often find people will take the reverse positions. But the point is after learning so much about the psychology of ideologically motivated reasoning in matters of science to the general public, I realized that the whole point of science is that it isn't there to be cherrypicked based on your values - and that trying to sort the scientific signal from the noise (especially on the internet, and for those without scientific training) can be precarious at best. The whole idea behind the scientific method though is to achieve an objective viewpoint and remove any bias.

I realized that you have to listen to what science and the evidence tells you regardless of whether you like it or not. And that's how I came to accept the scientific consensus on fluoridation (which is overwhelmingly that it is an entirely safe practice at recommended levels), and on any matter really, including the supposed link between vaccination and autism (on which the scientific consensus is similar in nature - that there is no evidence to suggest such a link).

My strategy, and my advice to anyone really, is to listen to what the legitimate, published scientific practice and evidence tells us (not anecdotal 'evidence', or the opinion of any one person) - and to do so regardless of how you feel about it. It can be tempting to buy into conspiracy theories, and of course there is no real logical way to convince somebody that conspiracy theories are false, because such theories generally reject logical reasoning in favour of paranoia and confirmation bias.

I don't think I would call attempts to draw people's attention to the scientific evidence (and relevant conclusions) on a subject a 'biased attempt to swing one's opinion' is all.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 1

On the topic of fluoridation, my teeth have always got holes in them when I go for a check up. A few years ago I stopped using fluoride toothpaste, and stopped drinking unfiltered water. My teeth these days get less holes than back when I was using Fluoride. Bugger all else has changed in my eating habits or otherwise so I don't see what bloody good the fluoride was. That crap only touches your teeth for a second and then gets absorbed into your soft tissues. Only 50% gets excreted which means its a cumulative poison. It aint no dam nutrient. They use Sodium fluoride made as bi product of aluminium smelting. Its basically forced medication.

Cant we have pure fucking water? Those who wish to do so can add their own goddam fluoride. I bet bugger all people would do that.

It is so obvious that there is something sinister about the way our country/world is governed. Most people don't want genetically modified food but can we get the crap labelled? You can join the military and learn how to kill people no worries but labelling gmo, now that we will really have to fight for.

• Like 1

^^ we're going off topic here, but above is a prime example of what I was talking about - anecdotal conjecture and rejection of scientific information in favour of a feeling that the government is up to no good

• Like 1

The government is most certainly up to no good by the way...just in much more obvious and open ways that having nothing to do with most conspiracy type theories.

• Like 2

Off topic? Off topic for a sentence and the anal police chime in. The gov is up to no good in an obvious way partially as a cover for all those wacky conspiracy 'theories'. Its peoples belief that conspiracy theories are crazy that allows them to keep getting away with it. The conspirators deliberately make the scams crazy and then people dont believe it, simple.

The scientific world is full of bullshit. So much lies mixed with bits of truth. Every facet of this world is being manipulated, you have to open your mind and not just believe some crap cos a scientist said so. BTW I do qualify for the title of scientist,(I'm a lab tech) so what, do you believe what I say?

Ooh wow a scientist, he must be a genius and would never lie to us.

Scientists have never been wrong before though, so maybe I should blindly believe them. If this were the sixties I could spray some ddt on myself to keep the bugs away.

I'm not a fan of the term 'WAKE UP', I prefer 'OPEN YOUR MIND'.

edit: cut out some of the angst.

Edited by anon

i wonder if, in the 50's and 60's, there were people labelled as "conspiracy theorists" for saying the cia was experimenting with LSD and other methods as a form of mind control.....

• Like 1

Anal police comin' at y'all... :P

4869621736_3d49b7e306_z.jpg

But I think you misunderstand my meaning, I wasn't having a go at you (and I'm still not). The reason I added the bit about us going off topic was as a courtesy to RC (the OP) and others interested in the initial discussion...to let them know it was not my intention to hijack the thread and to acknowledge the fact that I (not you) may have been taking the discussion further off topic with my reply.

And I'm not accusing you of being schizophrenic or a nutter or anything - I simply meant to imply that you are mistaken and that your reasoning is flawed, which is no cause for shame. I don't at all mean it in a nasty or a personal way...how you choose to take that it is up to you of course - but I bear you no ill will.

Peace

Gman

• Like 2

(thanks dionysis your a great bloke and I'm sure the 666 symbol your avatar is doing is unintentional).

lol. i also have the seal of Astaroth tattooed on my thigh. i must be working for the bankers.

I know I need to chill out. I'm hell wound up. But as for a "flawed" view on things, I don't think so. Hate to blow my own horn but I am one of the very few that sees through all the different levels of the scams. There is tonnes of disinfo and its aimed squarely at the intellectual part of the brain( of which I do not have haha). You have to be a bit nuts to see through it. The more of an intellectual you are the more you will buy the bullshit, I'm sorry to say. There are heaps of 'people'(in secret societies that are slaves) working at keeping humanity in the systems psychological grasp.

Conspiracy theories are b.s? maybe former L.A. FBI chief Ted Gunderson will change your mind R.I.P.

Sorry You are a legend Responsible choice.

Anal police hahahaha. Good one Gman, sorry for my bad call.

Edited by anon

There are heaps of 'people'(in secret societies that are slaves) working at keeping humanity in its (the systems) psychological grasp.

Good.

I wish they'd do a better job though, the general population still scares the shit out of me.

• Like 2

Sorry Responsible choice.

No apologies needed :wink: