The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gr33ntea

Looking dragonfruit seeds

I have bought dragonfruit seeds off ebay and they never germinate (has been 4 weeks)
Does anyone have fresh dragon fruit seeds they can sell me?

maybe look for cuttings? would speed things along greatly, then start some seeds when you see them at markets and score fresh seed?

woolworths have them, dont know if they are in season tho.

people here have plants if your keen?

I already have cuttings but i think they are dying, they turned a bright orange color and then rotted inside. It was the sun i think, didn't look fungal and they recovered when out of the sun.

Rooted cuttings would be good, i have seen people around offering them

I'm mailing white flesh dragonfruit seeds today to Oz, one from last year & one from this year that i hit with T spachianus pollen, unsure if it would accept the pollen. the plant is self fertile and every flower results in a fruit, so who's to say if it accepted any spach pollen or not...

• Like 1

I'm mailing white flesh dragonfruit seeds today to Oz, one from last year & one from this year that i hit with T spachianus pollen, unsure if it would accept the pollen. the plant is self fertile and every flower results in a fruit, so who's to say if it accepted any spach pollen or not...

Wait, hold on Hylocereus Undatus and T spachianus are not even in the same genus :o Have you had cross pollination success before? Do you reckon it will be very spiky? Do you reckon if it works the plant will be less vinelike and be able to support itself

Any chance you can send me some seeds :D

I've got red dragon fruit seeds from last year. Pm me