The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiscoStu

overheard on the tram

white boy says:

"seriously, there's not that much racism in australia. but you know who's annoying? the japanese"

My favourite preface to a statement is "I'm not a racist,but..." usually followed by the most incandescent diatribe of race related ignorant vitriol...

I'm always quick to point out the two groups I absolutely can't stand: racists, and black people.

I am not racist. I hate everyone equally

Overheard at a ski resort:

I don't wash my hands when I use the bathroom, I wash my dick after it touches my hands."

I think most people are complete fucktards, I don't hate them for it but I feel sorry for myself that I have to live in such a moronic enviroment.

My favourite preface to a statement is "I'm not a racist,but..." usually followed by the most incandescent diatribe of race related ignorant vitriol...

Thats like the token black friend they once had. Thats my sisters favorite, her two standards are "I'm not racist, I had a black friend in the fourth grade, I remember because the ni**er bitch gave me chicken pox" or "I'm not racist, I talk to a black guy at work- Ni**er Bill!... but dont ever call him Ni**er Bill to his face!"

In a way I pity people like her, most are so conceited that they feel they have to be better than someone but they know theyre such trash that they have to invent a group to be better than.

Some of my best friends are racists.

Everytime I hear "I'm not racist but..." my brain starts singing this song:

I went to a corporate training video session on race policies for a company...

In the video they told mexican jokes and only mexican jokes. If mexicans were a race and not a nationality it would have been one of the most racist things I have seen. It certainly tried. Even the HR officer of the company thought it was wrong but it was policy.

It was the video version of " i am not racist insert racism here"

I'm always quick to point out the two groups I absolutely can't stand: racists, and black people.

There are only two kinds of people i can't stand in this world. Those who are intolerant of others' cultures, and the Dutch!

Some of my best friends are racists.

Everytime I hear "I'm not racist but..." my brain starts singing this song:

Quality post! Frenzal and NOFX in the one room Nov! You should come down and rock it with me ano!

Some people just get caught on a bad day. Some people are just idiots. Some people are just really ignorant and sheltered. I think shock value plays heavily also. It's almost like a cry for attention or a reaction.

I understand the issue needs a certain amount of attention but at the same time this is what gives it so much power. Every time a racist rant is recoded on a bus, played on the news, every football game stopped because of a racist remark just gives it so much power.

I sometimes wonder if the exposure or shock value was reduced people eventually would just choose a different insult?!