The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

new endogenous legal psi

hey, just came across this great experiment they did

swallow large amounts of tryptamine with loads of methylating agents.

Trypta. crosses the B/B barrier, and the increased methylation(TMG)increases formation to NMT and then to DMT in the brain

and both ingredients are legal. Hmmm maybe a new soft drink...?

Hey, you know the courts- theyd call it conspiracy to manufacture illegal drugs and you'd be put in jail (thats what theyd do here anyway).

Wait- no. If it were here it could be prosecuted under the drug analog act. Consuming tryptamine (chemically a very similar DMT relative) in such a way as to cause effects analagous to the illegal tryptamine derivatives.

Yup- illegal in the states.

Of course taking vitamins and skydiving is illegal under that law too :rolleyes:

[ 06. November 2003, 18:47: Message edited by: Auxin ]

Would the brain make the chemical reactions even if it had naturally high enough levels of this floating around? Also wouldnt it get broken down too quickly or is this with a maoi?

for the interested, i'll cut and paste this from Tihkal:

CONTINUING COMMENTARY : Look at this fabulous story that unfolded some twenty years ago. It is completely coherent, and it is totally exciting. Let me try to distill the human information given above, into a logical flow. Tryptophan, a natural and nutritionally essential amino-acid, is a centrally active intoxicant and sleep-provider in man. It is converted metabolically to tryptamine which is a little bit psychedelic. When administered with methionine (another amino-acid known to methylate things) it produces methylated tryptamines, the two best studied being N-methyltryptamine (NMT) and N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT). The effects that result are hard to categorize, reflecting the diagnostic status of the patient. But something happens. In short, tryptophan, alone or in combination with MAO inhibitors or methyl donors, is a fabulous tool for exploring brain function. And it was an easily available research tool, openly explored by many private individuals. It was meeting a broad curiosity as to meeting a large number of human inadequacies.

Thats all for now. Whether or no tmg with tryptamine would produce similar effects I dont know.

In short, tryptophan, alone or in combination with MAO inhibitors or methyl donors, is a fabulous tool for exploring brain function.

this could mean: Take 3 g harmala seed followed one hour later by 1g of tryptophane and see what happens.

Very interesting

Auxin:

Hey, you know the courts- theyd call it conspiracy to manufacture illegal drugs and you'd be put in jail (thats what theyd do here anyway).

Wait- no. If it were here it could be prosecuted under the drug analog act. Consuming tryptamine (chemically a very similar DMT relative) in such a way as to cause effects analagous to the illegal tryptamine derivatives.

Yup- illegal in the states.

Of course taking vitamins and skydiving is illegal under that law too   :rolleyes:  

heh he he Aux you almost sound a little confused. :D

yeah, like in OZ, AMT is not scheduled, and presumably does not fall under the analog laws, but there is a seperate heading under the personal importation regulations of the TGA that prohibits AMT being imported for personal therapeutic use.

So my guess would be that in OZ tryptamine is UNSCHEDULED. I have not checked this out, however. It certainly seems like it would fall under the customs analog clause, but as far as I know, no-one has ever been prosecuted under these laws, so it would be a test case over here.

By the way, does anyone know if 4HO-tryptamine is active?