The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Strontium Dawg

Tibetan singing bowls

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a Tibetan bowl and maybe tings as well.

Seen a few vendors online but does anyone have recommendations regarding people who are good to deal with?

I'm in Sydney if there are any sellers locally I'd prefer to buy face to face.

Edited by Glaukus

Buying one online would only be something I'd recommend doing if you had already tried the same type of bowl in a shop, because they are all so different both in sound and energy. Try and find a metaphysical or crystal shop near your area, they usually have a selection. If you are near newtown there is a shop called exotic arts of the himalayas, I think they have bowls.

And in the end if you do choose to buy online, the tibetan brass ones like this https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/173161999/tibetan-brass-om-mani-padme-hum-singing are pretty common :) I know a lot of people who enjoy these. Personally I have a sweet little 7 metal bowl! Simple and beautiful.

Edited by sundrop
  • Like 1

Yeah I'd much prefer to buy in person so I can get hands on and hear it's tone, and whether it resonates with me.

Thanks.

Edited by Glaukus

I'd recommend buying in person even if it means spending more. Also don't be in a rush. I've owned a few over the years and they're all different so spend some time finding ones that stand out to you. The first one I ever bought is the only one I still have. Along the way none of the others have ever come close to the sound and feeling this one has.

• Like 2

I picked these up in Nepal in Nov last year, the small ones make a beautiful higher pitch while the bigger one makes a lovely low long ring.

IMG_2327_zpsc6e44c21.jpg

I put some water in the big one and started sounding it, you can see the water raining up from the vibrations.

I don't know where you would buy them here but for an idea, In Nepal I paid about $10 or $12 ea for the smaller ones which are machine made and around $100 for the big one which should be hand beaten.

I think they are great, but you really should listen to the ones you buy before you buy as they all sound different, and you can go with the ones with the purest or cleanest tones.

• Like 3