The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bullit

i hate my job BUT....

HELL OOO people, this shit is really getting to me. i work 4 three different people a year but the job im in now which is about 4 months a year is stressin me out big time....

i wanna quit but theres not many jobs in my area [this time of the year june to oct] with my role..

anywho how many people work with stress of i hate this job soooo much but u are afraid of getting laid off??? yeap thats it ..

the life of a shit kicker .. NOT AFTER ADVICE but was just wondering bout other members situations .

fucks me :scratchhead: i hate this shit

As much as i hate working ive realized its actually good for the soul, i had 5 weeks off last Febuary and was actually looking forward to going back after the 4th week lol. Its just one of thise things. I used to work with a guy who was due for retirement but he was refusing to, he told me most of his mates had retired only to die within 5 years afterwards, its like your body knows you are not needed anymore and starts shutting down....

but never the less, One Powerball..........

• Like 2

I would also take he powerball

• Like 1

I quit a placement recently, the assholes wanted to control and abuse me.

It was a bit of a low point but it felt so good to say "Sorry but I simply won't be accepting your bullshit'. and "say goodbye to my ass now" LOL

I knew I was doing the right thing, and a whole lot of good things have started happening in my life since.

My wildest dreams are literally coming true, and it feeeels good :)

There's no logic to these things mate, just go with your gut instincts and hold on for the ride of your life...

(oops, sorry about the advice) :P

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 2

As much as i hate working ive realized its actually good for the soul, i had 5 weeks off last Febuary and was actually looking forward to going back after the 4th week lol. Its just one of thise things. I used to work with a guy who was due for retirement but he was refusing to, he told me most of his mates had retired only to die within 5 years afterwards, its like your body knows you are not needed anymore and starts shutting down....

but never the less, One Powerball..........

i found my old boss[ which i have worked for 7 years] dead in a tractor against a avo tree . he was 67 and worked everyday for the last 20 years. he had like 400 rdos oweing too him.

the autopsy didnt show anything i rekon he was burnt out from work.. he had a family and i miss him ..

hey caapi i do agree with work is good for the soul but with this job its a nitemare . but i will not fail my family :scratchhead:

I quit a placement recently, the assholes wanted to control and abuse me.

It was a bit of a low point but it felt so good to say "Sorry but I simply won't be accepting your bullshit'. and "say goodbye to my ass now" LOL

I knew I was doing the right thing, and a whole lot of good things have started happening in my life since.

My wildest dreams are literally coming true, and it feeeels good :)

There's no logic to these things mate, just go with your gut instincts and hold on for the ride of your life...

(oops, sorry about the advice) :P

good on ya daze, i have done the same with other jobs but im worried bout my lil ones ... i wanna fucken quit

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

Take a chill pill mate. Sorry I can't come up with anything better. Other then open up a nursery with me haha

• Like 2

What It's Like: To Be a Stripper

Tracie Jayne would just like to entertain you. As told to Brooke Lea Foster

By Brooke Lea Foster, published on March 11, 2013 - last reviewed on April 24, 2014

I was scared to death the day I decided to walk into a strip club for a job. I was 31 and living in Houston after graduating with a degree in art from Chatham University in Pittsburgh, where I grew up. I had just quit a corporate job painting murals in chain restaurants like the Rainforest Cafe, and after an impulsive try at stand-up, I realized my heart was in comedy. Fledgling comics don't make much, and you have to spend quite a bit to travel to different cities for gigs, so I needed to pay my way. After cobbling together a living working four different jobs in Houston, I heard how much money you could make in a strip club.

Here I was: a naive Midwesterner who spent her childhood summers going to church camp—stepping into a titty bar. I felt sleazy from the moment I went in, but I swallowed my pride because I knew taking a job there would help me chase my dream. Comedy is the purest form of entertainment—whatever you give to the audience, you get right back. Making someone laugh is the best feeling in the world, a natural high. Later, once my comedy career was in place, a woman told me: "I just buried my son two weeks ago, and I haven't laughed since. But I laughed from the minute you walked onstage until the minute you left."

So I got a job as a cocktail waitress, and the first night at the club I remember thinking: Okay, this is not such a big deal. At first, it seemed like the girls just got dolled up and had lots of money thrown at them, but each one had a more complicated story. Some of the women were cancer survivors stripping to pay for health insurance; some were single mothers with kids to support. They were good people. I'm not glorifying this way of life—there were certainly women fueling their coke habits, too—but it made me realize that you can't judge people until you've stepped into their six-inch heels. These women had life experiences even I couldn't understand, and they were just trying to get by.

123703-122260.jpg

I tried stripping at the club. I even gave a guy a lap dance, but I was incredibly awkward rubbing up against him. Stripping is all about the "hustle"—it's an attitude. You pretend you're really into a guy, you push your boobs in his face for an extra 20 bucks, you tantalize him with what you might do to him. I was mid-lap dance when the guy told me I should stick to comedy. It was so humiliating I could have cried, but he was right: Stripping is not who I am. I'm so often on the road for stand-up gigs that I barely date. I don't sleep around, and when I tried stripping, I felt like I wasn't being true to myself. It was more intimate and personal than I was comfortable with, and to share that with someone for a few $20 bills made me feel phony.

My comedy work started to pick up, and I knew I needed to move to New York City if I was going to make it. I got a job as a bartender at what I would call a "hard-core strip club" in the city. I was sickened by what I saw: Many paying customers took the strippers back into private rooms with doors that locked. That didn't seem safe to me, and it made me lose my faith in humanity. I would hear mumblings of disgusting sexual requests, cover my ears, and think: I don't want to know.

At the time, I was dating a guy who grew up wealthy, and he told a few of his friends that I used to dance. He was insisting I quit my job at a strip club if we were to continue our relationship. When he brought me to a wedding as his date, one of his female friends was so repulsed by me that she wouldn't even shake my hand. It didn't matter that I was a working stand-up comic or that I had a degree—to her, I was a stripper. She couldn't see anything else and it made me so angry. I wanted to say, "I'm sorry I didn't get a golden ticket from my parents. I was in the navy for four years and I paid my way through college. Now I'm trying to follow my artistic dreams." But I didn't say a word.

Today, here's how I pay my $1,200 rent: Think of me as a human ornament, a decoration. I don a skimpy string bikini (with feathers on the bikini top to make my boobs look bigger), and I dance for men (and sometimes women) at a go-go bar. I dance so hard and fast that when I get offstage my hair is soaking wet. I spin, gyrate, do splits; sometimes I incorporate a pole, sometimes I don't. You may think of me as a stripper, but I'm not—I don't take my clothes off. I'm an entertainer. I have a blast, I often make $200 a night, and I feel great about my body, even though I turned 40 this year. I've even gotten standing ovations. I like to joke that my butt is my moneymaker.

I used to be ashamed of my dancing. You know the military's old "don't ask, don't tell" policy? I don't want to compare myself to those it applied to, but I do feel as though I've had to spend so much time hiding and explaining who I am and begging for acceptance. Sometimes I think: What am I doing wrong? But what I've realized is that I'm not doing anything wrong.

If someone is uncomfortable with the fact that I dance for money in a bikini, it's often because they're threatened by it. Women get a lot of strength and power by being able to attract a guy. If someone is prettier or sexier or perceived that way, that power is gone. The girls that I dance with tend to be more confident than other women I've met: They know that they can attract a guy, and they can be near an attractive female and not feel like she's trying to steal their boyfriend.

When I'm performing stand-up, I don't say I'm a go-go dancer. As a five-foot-two girly girl, I'm already working harder than my male counterparts for audiences to take me seriously as comic. But I often incorporate lessons I've learned on the job into my monologue. Take this joke: I don't understand why girls get so mean. I'll be sitting at a bar with my buddies when a pretty girl walks in and they start ripping her apart. And I say: "Would you relax? She does not want your boyfriend." Pause. "Look at him!"

get ur gear off mate. Just don't strip at the rsl for the blue rinsers..........the coins get real hard to remove from the prison wallet
  • Like 2

Dont get me wrong Bullit, I hate working but its just one of those things,,,No work, no life. Even if i won 1st division lotto i reckon i would work at least a part time job.

• Like 1

life is precious, find something better but don't be stupid about it but you didn't want advice

Well my situation could be better but im just taking my time slowly building a little empire but

im not all that materialistic like I used to be and my bills are very low.. that will change tho and

i'll probably take on a job or two that I hate eventually just to raise some capital.. til then its stuff on ebay lol

most of my life i've been self employed and successful by my own measure.. the market changed a few years ago

and I lost trust in alot of friends.. when stress is high true personalities shine and well I just abandoned alot of ppl

cause all they wanted to do is complain, drink, waste money on strippers etc... most of the ppl made the same decision with me when my little fortune dried up... my savings dwineled down, lost the home, split with fiance, and life was a wreck... eventually that led me into plants and so I think I want to start a plant nursery but some days my back hurts so much that im just not sure lol so maybe a seed farm instead for extra bux lol . i took 3 jobs after leaving that career and each one of them was hell and it reminded me of high school jobs.. where you do a good job, at least you think the numbers and the reactions of ppl speak to it, but end up being someones shitrag when they are haveing a bad day... I couldn't put up with that , i still can't not for very long.. I live in Texas theres alot of geniune ppl here but its mostly shadowed by the assholes they worship and im like fuck that...

so pretty much jobs give me anxiety, thats why I have such a tug of war with them.. but i won't take one if I don't feel I can give 100% commitment.. and if the ppl are asses i tell them, not necessarily with words, but they know what i mean :P

Edited by Spine Collector
  • Like 1

its over i quit ..

• Like 2

life is too short for a job to do your head in mate. Your are not getting and giving the best from your family if work is head fcking you (my 2 cents mate). I've been there a few times, first question is can it be worked through/sorted.....if the answer is no then stage 2 was always start looking around.

I've walked from one permanent position "....fckn effective immediately...", did it tough for a few months after, and then shit got much better. Good things can happen to good mongrels mate :wink: . It can be a very character building experience.....but can also have a few lows.

• Like 3

thanks wb yeah man been here b4 to . 1 day in and i feel way good took the ferals fishing had a sleep @ 2pm . worry bout the coin later.

and u cheshire well u can wait a lil longer lol

• Like 2

Good luck Bullit, hoping everything works out for you.

• Like 1

I hate my job's butt

nice one, good luck bro, in my experience it's always best to trust your gut on these things, it's true, lifes too short to fuck around hating every day with a passion & in the long run is probably not the best thing for your family to bring that kind of stress into the home.. Eventually it will most probably lead to much better things! You just gotta grit your teeth & stay positive through the tough times if they come.. If you do stay positive better things will come & it'll all be worth it.. You can probably always find some short term cruddy shit kicking work to get you through the tough times if you need it before you find something way better, just keep a positive head, nothing bad ever stays that way for long unless you want it to..

• Like 2

I can very much relate. I was offered a redundancy package (almost involuntary) that sounded great at the start until i looked into the detail. In the end I stayed but it is hard when your stuck in a job.

My advice - change before your mortgaged and have babies as once that happens its logistically more challenging to take on a new job (with an hours sleep)

Yeah a mortgage certainly changes the ballgame when thinking about ditching a job that shits you.

My jobs oright good pay but it's like being in a pack of chimps with constant power struggles and people out to topple another to advance their place in the social chain. It sticks out like dogs balls to me, and I can easily get sucked into it, has almost driven me batty a few times and been close to fisticuffs on more than one occasion but that bank is unforgiving when it comes to mortgage payments!! All in all it's okay and the pays good I just have to mature enough not to get sucked into the bs and just do my job and fuck off home but sometimes the drama queen side of me gets the better of my sensible self and I am balls deep in controversy lol all workplaces are the same I reckon, whenever u get groups of people together that primordial struggle for power and alpha positioning within the group takes over. It's nature I guess and core to our being, whether you like it or not. I've seem it across all social groups even the psychadelic community.

• Like 2

*double post*

Edited by incognito

yeah im loving life after i quit planted loads of seeds , chillin with my gurls . going fishin tomorraz and drinkin cheap wine lol i think my rent is way more than a bushies house mortgage? i live near tha sunnycoast hinterland .... any who time for a change lifes goood , i will deal with it ....

thankz bull bull

• Like 3