The Corroboree
whitewind

Police State Australia

“I want to stress that for the vast majority of Australians, the rise in the threat level from medium to high will not make any difference to daily life,” Abbott said. “What people will probably notice though is more security at airports, more security at ports, more security at military bases, more security at government buildings, and more security at large public events.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/12/terrorism-alert-level-raised-to-high

So today the government finally shows it's hand. The increasing fascism shown by this government is being backed up by force, all in the name of "protection" - from a nebulous threat that's been around forever. Now we have additional security, constant tracking of our movements, controlling what we spend when we are on social security, these people are completely barking mad control freaks and they scare the crap out of me.

Since then we've had our economy destroyed in favour of big business over health care, social security, and workplace protections, radicalisation of youth, demonisation of anyone who doesn't fit in with the governments idea of the perfect drone.

ASIO and their partners are watching us illegally 24/7 making lists of "potential terrorists" and basically people they don't like. We have had years of peace in this country, the only reason that might change is because the government is forcing it to happen. These people are a sick cancer at the heart of our civilisation and they need to be removed before it's too late and they destroy the very thing they are supposed to protect.

• Like 9

Do you think that this "terrorism" threat will get people behind the metadata storage plans since no one was really too keen on the idea before.. I bet the masses will jump on it now..

Also seems on (most mainstream) news sites, people are lovin abbot for this bullshit..

What a bunch of morons we (Australians) can be.

• Like 2

Yeah it's like back to the future in some ways.

When Bush,Blair and Howard waged that war under false pretences after blowing up the twin towers themselves. WMD"s, Terrorists, Regime change (they never did have a real reason for it) was just a pathetic cover story for their plans to steal the Iraqi riches and oil, it was like the world was taken into a different version of the future that never should have happened.

Now the whole planet is trapped in "Biff world" a dark version of reality controlled by evil tyrants. Reality as we knew it has been stolen from us forever.

It's all OK though, my 8 year old son palns to build a time machine so he can go back and fix things up. Even kids hate abbott with a passion these days.

• Like 3

The whole thing with the war on terror is that governments need something to "protect" its people from. Same concept as the war on drugs. With so much backlash against the Abbott government, it makes sense that they would do this. If the government is not "protecting" its citizens, what is its use at all? These wars are invented so the gov can be seen to be actually doing something, and to raise its profile in the public spheres as NECESSARY and PROTECTIVE. Plus the economic side of these decisions of course.

Edited by sundrop

“I want to stress that for the vast majority of Australians, the rise in the threat level from medium to high will not make any difference to daily life,” Abbott said. “What people will probably notice though is more security at airports, more security at ports, more security at military bases, more security at government buildings, and more security at large public events.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/12/terrorism-alert-level-raised-to-high

So today the government finally shows it's hand. The increasing fascism shown by this government is being backed up by force, all in the name of "protection" - from a nebulous threat that's been around forever. Now we have additional security, constant tracking of our movements, controlling what we spend when we are on social security, these people are completely barking mad control freaks and they scare the crap out of me.

Since then we've had our economy destroyed in favour of big business over health care, social security, and workplace protections, radicalisation of youth, demonisation of anyone who doesn't fit in with the governments idea of the perfect drone.

ASIO and their partners are watching us illegally 24/7 making lists of "potential terrorists" and basically people they don't like. We have had years of peace in this country, the only reason that might change is because the government is forcing it to happen. These people are a sick cancer at the heart of our civilisation and they need to be removed before it's too late and they destroy the very thing they are supposed to protect.

Welcome to 'the matrix' :)

• Like 2

I say just let the terrorists blow shit up and kill a few thousand people every now and then.

It is not worth the stress, man hours, security checks, big brother shit, fucking cops everywhere spreading a climate of "something bad is going to happen and we are here to protect you from it!"

SUCH BULLSHIT!

Security is for pussies. Lets live in danger! In fear of being blown up in every moment!

:devil:

Anyway, that's where my vote goes. Maybe people will appreciate life more and stop pissing it away if they realise they could be blown up at any given moment!

But seriously, those of us who do not have shit for brains, know this is all total bullshit and just another excuse to exert authoritarian domination and control.

This is so Pathetic.

• Like 1

Isn't the whole reason we could be considered a target because our government decided to get involved is their affairs?

• Like 1

Folias I agree, we're all so scared of death, and it shits me!

Start celebrating it as a transition, don't morn it, death is as natural AND beautiful as birth.

The true injustice is the prison system, the fact we can lock people away for the duration of their limited time here on earth.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is really scared of a terrorist threat I work in the heart of Sydney and many people where I work take public transport daily. No-one has ever mentioned it. There has already been a militarization of the police and a much greater buildup especially in the last 12 months. For what reason I can't fathom as ASIO have everything under control with their incessant illegal monitoring of the people. I guess an already paranoid government has reason to be afraid of a pissed of population but if they treated people with respect they would have no reason to at all.

Maybe we should try a group experiment like they did in the book "the men who stare at goats".

Instead of a goat we could substitute a politician and focus all of our bad vibes on it and see if it dies.

:wave-finger: Fuck abbot and the disabled pesioner he rode in on.

abbott needs a false flag to really get this thing moving, he's seriously looking like an amateur compared to the pro's

Maybe we should try a group experiment like they did in the book "the men who stare at goats".

Instead of a goat we could substitute a politician and focus all of our bad vibes on it and see if it dies.

:wave-finger: Fuck abbot and the disabled pesioner he rode in on.

fuck mate ...my list would be soooo long....

but if your willing to include our fuck wit pm...(who's a clone of yours & uk's) then I'm in

Edited by Dreamwalker.

Seriously we all are in a prison without bars, all their mental games. They tell us the threat is high then they will create an act of terrorism to add momentum to the Australian ally effort, just as we saw in UK, following US... I hope no-one puts there bag down when they go to buy something in a shop, the bombsquad will be flat out going to every corner in the city, lol.. Donyou think they would arrest you if you left an empty bag (s) somewhere?? Probably -public nuisance, terrorist for playing games with them perhaps????

Imagine if all Aussies did just that, the people throwing kaos at the kaos experts :)

• Like 1