The Corroboree

http://fusioncon.org.au/

This is happening at the uni of Newcastle on October 15 from 9 am.

The topic for 2014 is Consciousness. Speakers will be looking at this from a range of perspectives including Philosophy of Mind, Psychology, Meditative traditions and Artificial Intelligence.

Keynote speaker is Frank Jackson! Possible chance of robot death-match*.

Seriously though, this should be worth going to - all proceeds going to Headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation.

* Robot 'death' is for entertainment purposes only and may or may not technically occur if combatants are not 'alive'.

• Like 3

Damnit I think that's the same night as I'm going to see The Tea Party :(

I'm there for certain, not sure about anyone else at this stage. Apparently there will be an after-party, which I suspect could be pretty good too.

def interested.

working in sleep and staging stages of sleep, the levels of consciousness is fascinating and can't learn enough! ty for the heads up!

• Like 1

Cool. For anyone who hasn't met me before, I'll be the guy in wearing a t-shirt with either a jeweled skull or 'may contain human flesh' warning on it :) (depends what sort of day I'm having). Perhaps we also need a passphrase - 'the cactus has landed' or 'the rainbow serpent eats itself forever'.

• Like 1

*Bump.

Might see some of you there on Wednesday.

TI, I've only just finished a very long and painful degree - been letting the brain have a bit of a rest this past 6 weeks. What I'm supposed to be doing today is writing job applications, so once that's done I promise I'll take a look through your thread :) .