The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
drpotato

I just found 5 ephedra gerardiana seeds, how do i germinate them

Hi,

I was looking through my seeds and just noticed that a while back i bought some gerardiana seeds. I totally forgot.
Anyway, now i have a heat mat and a better collection of sands and materials for propagation and making soils.

So, what kind of environment and soil and moisture should i use to get the best possible germination rate?

I cant find any seeds anywhere else anymore, so this is my last chance to grow this plant.

in case your wondering im not planning on growing it for its ephridrine, i just like growing medicinal and semilegal plants for novelty, but i know i dont have to explain myself here.

Anyway, can anyone please help me out?

doctrrrsolancae you should utfse. if you can grow potato's u could surly grow moremanchai.

i went to turkey once and this old bag showeed me how she grew it in styorofoamboxes. it was like from what i remember(it was ages ago i'm sorry about the vagueness). she soaked em over night in an ouzo glass full of roof/gutter water. no hextraheat or anything. then she's next day just placing em innrows in the box full of real gritty, rock elements type of sand.hard to explain but it tasted full of nutrients in rock form :. covered the box with glad wrap and then we went had shisha appfels. top night. the next day she showed us her fruit vinyard. olives are such a pain, if ya dont have the shaker machine for the trunks it 's tedious. but over the mountain we went and had olives, goats fetta, mountain bread, and raki. sitting on top of this rocky turkish range there was just masses of epeedrageriantarkiss clumps growing in the shittiest of soils.

anyway travel as much as you can i suppose

• Like 5

Growing ephedra is a mission, seed germination can be tricky. When I germinate ephedra sinica I guess theyd be the same, is I get a rough piece of clean sandpaper and scuff them up well. I have also used a scarification process where I take a knife and nik each seed with the knife. putting them in a solution of, I forget the name of the acid. its specially for germinating and making plants flower early. anyway you can just soak them over night and thn plant them in some seed raising mix. can take about two to three weeks to come up and vry slow growers. jhope this helps a bit. I will find out the name of that acid its like gerbrallic acid or something. yes thats it.

Not as far as I know. I'm certain it's not legal in Queensland, nsw I'm not as sure about gerianda and minima but not sinica. So it's probably a no. Not legally. It's even pretty tough getting venders to post to Australia now days but of coarse there are those places online that'll sell you anything.

Can I grow the cuntz in Brisbane? Like its fucking legal yeah?

not legal in qld. frankly i'm surprised it's legal anywhere. would love to get hold of some seeds. been on shaman's waiting list since forever

Not as far as I know. I'm certain it's not legal in Queensland, nsw I'm not as sure about gerianda and minima but not sinica. So it's probably a no. Not legally. It's even pretty tough getting venders to post to Australia now days but of coarse there are those places online that'll sell you anything.

They'll sell it to you but it doesn't mean it'll make it through customs

we must be on the same wave, as I have germination on this in just the last week.

mine responded to warm (not hot) daytime temps, fast-draining soil mix (i just winged it with compost, sand, and some small stones for good measure), a deep terra-cotta pot, and a heavy splosh of rainwater once a week for about a month.

cheers

• Like 1