The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiscoStu

what is the weirdest experience you've ever had?

I was walking home late-ish at night once, I was walking in the middle of the road up a hill with probably only one streetlight on it. I kept walking probably listening to music.

Under the one street light illuminating the surrounding area i see a young man standing in the road on the side of the streetlight. I keep walking. He keeps staring up the road with his eyes wide open. I slowly walk by (I'm very paranoid by nature). He points at me. His hand straight in my face. He whistles a very raspy and windy whistle. "Wow" i said freaking the fuck out. And start to back off. I turn and bolt down the hill and call my dad. He picks me up. On our way up we see him getting bundled into a police car.

... Not mind bending but it was pretty spooky for a 15 year old (at the time)

Oh God, I don’t know what I’d consider my weirdest experience but there’s certainly been plenty. I’ll share 2 that are standing out to me right now.

This one is not related to any substance use and is still kinda ongoing with a close friend of mine. On a dozen or so occasions I have opened the stock iPhone SMS client (doesn’t show an offline/online status, just indicates if contact is typing) to message her and she just starts typing literally the second I open our conversation window, before I have a chance to type anything myself. Or the exact same set up and timing happens but before I have a chance to type anything she calls me. This has happened in reverse too, with me typing/texting/calling her just as she has opened her SMS client to hit me up. These have all occurred at times when we are not in the middle of an ongoing conversation or spoken at all that day, or even that week. The only common denominator each time is that either she or I are in some kind of emotional distress. These experiences never happen to me with anyone else, or vice versa for her.

Another weird as fuck experience was with another good friend and my then boyfriend at the time. We were 17, all travelling without parents for first time and staying at a villa in Bali. We had taken what turned out to be a stupidly heavy dose of mushrooms considering the setting and that it was only my 2nd time taking mushrooms and the first psychedelic experience in general for the both of them. Apart from him having some brief potentially dangerous delusions of being able to fly off the balcony/breathe under the water in the pool - everything went pretty smoothly. No one freaked out and the closest thing to an injury was a sore stomach and cheeks from laughing and smiling so much. Anyway as things started winding down, she went to bed in the downstairs bedroom and the ex and I took the upstairs. During the trip the upstairs bed sheets and mosquito net got all fucked up and entangled from the 3 of us rolling around, and in my still somewhat altered/exhausted state I was having trouble figuring out how to fix it up. Friend downstairs then yells out for me to shut the fuck up about the sheets because she was trying to sleep in peace and quiet. I was certainly getting frustrated and cursing out the sheets in my head, but I hadn’t actually said a word and from downstairs she wouldn’t have been able to hear me anyway unless I too was yelling. The noise of me trying to sort the bed out would have been even more inaudible from where she was so it wasn’t like she could infer what I was doing either, much less that it was working me up. To this day she swears up and down she could hear every word I was thinking, in my voice, and as crystal clear as if I had been in the same room as her. The ex confirmed that I had indeed verbalised not a word. I was always sceptical of people’s telepathic experiences on psychedelics that I had read about but I really have no logical explanation for what we experienced that night. I’ve had some pretty bizarrely synchronised trips with people since but nothing quite like that.

I was tripping out on some high-dose 2-dpmp and looked over my next door neighbours fence and saw a fully opaque golem, aboout 10 foot tall and 5 foot wide with a man riding on his right shoulder. The shed door then opened and the golem went down to sleep and the shed door shut. I had a telepathic conversation with it and it was really sad - I still mean to track down a mystic rabbi to talk to him about this experience.That and my experience of the faerie-folk on 4-Aco_DMT sure have changed my view of life - immense bliss a little bit like seeing the machine elves but this time a whole village of leprachraun figures skipping about everywhere in the backyard. Amazing.

Telepathy doesn't see that weird until it happens to you. Reaching into the gaian mind with a friend and expressing thought and feeling without speech or movement.

LSD is a wonderful drug

One that springs to mind happened about 12 or so years ago driving from Vic upto Harvey Bay.  I was a passenger and apart from a few joints was pretty straight.  Somewhere I think past Dubbo just off the side of the road in a paddock I saw this energy/ entity.  It looked, shape wise, like a sound wave on an osciloscope (all zig zaggy ) only verticle.  It hovered about a meter off the ground and was at its core intense white light gradating out to a spectrum of colours in a sort of halo effect as the intensity diminished.  Maybe 8ft from top to bottom.  The other 2 people in the car didnt see it.  

We got to Gundawindi caravan park and caught up with friends who were travelling in a separate car (maybe an hour ahead of us).  First thing they said was 'fuck did you see that strange light thing near Dubbo?'  About a year ago i saw these guys and we still couldnt make sense of it.  Thought maybe min- min spirits but they by reports are round.  Any ideas?  

8 hours ago, Humbolt said:

One that springs to mind happened about 12 or so years ago driving from Vic upto Harvey Bay.  I was a passenger and apart from a few joints was pretty straight.  Somewhere I think past Dubbo just off the side of the road in a paddock I saw this energy/ entity.  It looked, shape wise, like a sound wave on an osciloscope (all zig zaggy ) only verticle.  It hovered about a meter off the ground and was at its core intense white light gradating out to a spectrum of colours in a sort of halo effect as the intensity diminished.  Maybe 8ft from top to bottom.  The other 2 people in the car didnt see it.  

We got to Gundawindi caravan park and caught up with friends who were travelling in a separate car (maybe an hour ahead of us).  First thing they said was 'fuck did you see that strange light thing near Dubbo?'  About a year ago i saw these guys and we still couldnt make sense of it.  Thought maybe min- min spirits but they by reports are round.  Any ideas?  

one idea...

Ball_lightning  ?

or 2 ideas...aliens from the future.

St Dubbo's Fire!

Maybe... but reading the wiki of both Elmo and Ball lightning didnt sort of seem to fit.  Wasnt off a structure, wasnt round either.  At the end of it twas cool to see, create your own reality, so im going to go with primal earth spirits.

Mate I like the sound of primal earth spirits. St Elmo's fire doesn't require a large structure. There are several reported cases of the phenomenon appearing on cows horns(that would be creepy). Technically an isolated fence post, or even a blade of grass that sticks up above the others, should be enough. However the fire is usually blue, where as your spirits where white.

On 5/21/2018 at 6:45 PM, Crop said:

Mate I like the sound of primal earth spirits. St Elmo's fire doesn't require a large structure. There are several reported cases of the phenomenon appearing on cows horns(that would be creepy). Technically an isolated fence post, or even a blade of grass that sticks up above the others, should be enough. However the fire is usually blue, where as your spirits where white.

https://goo.gl/images/oevJRr

Was definately white light.  Strange how my mates saw it an hour or so earlier. Even stranger is that the Corona did resemble Rob Lowes quiff. 

On 5/19/2018 at 2:20 AM, Humbolt said:

Thought maybe min- min spirits but they by reports are round.  Any ideas?  

fuck knows what it was but there is absolutely shit loads of reports of that kind of thing in that region as you possibly know having mentioned the ming ming lights

Growing up my parents owned hotels and on on particular evening i had the honour of locking up at 1am. Naturally a few of my mates stayed back and we had a few drinks around the fireplace, one thing led to another and someone produced some A+ Lucy. Once the deed had been done and the chatter started to get a bit sideways my company decided to leave for the night which left me alone staring into the flickering fireplace. It was a lovely few hours until the ride started to get a bit bumpy and i began jumping at shadows. Strong flashing orange lights were blasting through the windows and there was an awful grinding and whining noise, which naturally was a UFO coming to visit. All the shadows took an extra terrestrial theme and things continued to get weird. I used all the chairs and tables to construct a  cartoonish kind of ladder system up into the highest rafters in the building were i assumed i would be safe.

3 hrs later reality kicked in and i realised the councils late night street sweeper was just going past cleaning the gutters leaving me wondering how the f%#k i was going to descend without breaking a leg.:rolleyes:

Maybe not the wierdest but again im interested if anyone has had anything similar happen.

I remember quite well when i was in grade 4 sitting outside the sick bay at school waiting for the headlice inspection.  Next to me a maidenhair fern started to quiver rapidly and make a high pitched squealing sound.  I told a teacher, who said that i must have imagined it.  I didnt.

Anyone else had such an experience?

^That would be the rats shagging in the garden... :wacko:

I once saw a blind man with a guide dog in Hyde park. He paused while his dog took a shit. The man touched the dog's anus and sniffed his fingers. At first I was impressed and thought wow, this guy can't even see and he is checking to see if his dog shat so he can clean up the mess. Then the man walked off, leaving the shit behind.

10 hours ago, Wile E. Peyote said:

I once saw a blind man with a guide dog in Hyde park. He paused while his dog took a shit. The man touched the dog's anus and sniffed his fingers. At first I was impressed and thought wow, this guy can't even see and he is checking to see if his dog shat so he can clean up the mess. Then the man walked off, leaving the shit behind.

That's fucked up

Yesterday at work I was looking at the sky as it was getting dark, I saw a mass of lights with no real structure or shape flying quite slowly overhead. the object was either the size of a small car flying quite low down to the ground or huge and way up in the air. It made a sort of pulsating engine sound as it flew out of sight behind some buildings. I couldn't make out any shape of the vessel as it was very hard to focus on and the sporadic placement of lights didn't help either. I saw no one else around me look up. 

I once ate about 8-10g of powdered shrooms (2 massively heaped teaspoons) a mate gave me and had my first open eye visual which was an orange tentacle covered in human like eyes instead of suckers coming out of my wall above me.  The weird thing was that my cat was in the room with me at the time, looked at it which basically confirmed to me it was real and at that very moment all the eyes focused on me with pure terror.  They were absolutely terrified that I was able to see them and the tentacle retreated into the wall which my cat chased and swung at.

I also once while sober had a pc fan hung up with string through the screw holes next to a very powerful light to help cool it.  When I upgraded to a non worthless fan for the job I went to take the pc fan down, tugged on the string and the knot passed through the hole.  I thought wtf and tugged at the other one which did the same thing so I freaked out, dropped it on my now ex's lap and told her to look at the string as I just pulled it through the solid fan and want confirmation that the knots were still intact.  To this day she still thinks I was trying to gas light her over it but it happened and I've had no choice but to let it go otherwise I'd drive myself mad trying to solve an impossible problem that I saw happen with my own eyes twice.

I was working a job in corporate America on summer break from college when some friends invited me to join them in central park,  NYC, for a free concert.  I had already agreed to meet my uncle & aunt for dinner that same evening. They were visiting from another city and staying at one of most fancy hotels in the whole city. So I skipped out of work midday to meetup with my friends.  One of them had some pot and we all smoked. That was only my second time smoking weed and I have no recollection of the rest of the day or evening.  I thought nothing of that day until about 15 years later when I was again having dinner with that same uncle & aunt. My aunt said something strange that caught my ear.  She said that she has had a healthy respect for me ever since that one day we all got together in NYC. I was perplexed because I have no memory of that day so I asked her what she meant.  She said that she & my uncle had gone sightseeing that day and were going to rest in their hotel room before meeting me for dinner. To their shock, when they got to their hotel room I was already on their bed casually watching TV. I didnt look stoned at all to her. Since I have a different last name as they do and the hotel was the most exclusive imaginable she said that she was impressed that I gotten myself into their room without their approval.

This was really weird for me to hear because it's so unlike me to do anything like this.  I feel incredibly uncomfortable in any fancy setting and could not imagine acting with such confidence.

I have since then mostly stayed away from pot except another time when I thought it was something else.  And then I had an even more disconcerting experience.  . . .but that's another story.

BTW this is my first post,  thanks for letting me be a part of this forum.

Welcome, Do an intro post for us to meet you properly :)

ok...so i was just sitting on the loo and i was flicking through a National Geographic magazine. I came across a photo of Greenwich park ,London and I focused on an eagle in  sky with its wings spread , I started thinking what kind of prey it would have in Greenwich park etc.  I turned the page and there was a photo of Seoul, South Korea at night, A huge 2 page picture of a city at night. I decided i liked the Greenwich park photo better and turned back to it. The Eagle had moved to the other side of the picture?  wtf ?    I thought i must have been looking at another photo so i turned the pages back to see if there were 2 photos...there wasnt, so ive turned back to the Greenwich Park phot and fuck me the eagle is now no longer there???     This has only just occured so im still at a loss at what the fuck has just happened...

ok ive just sussed out bird  species found around Greenwich park and the only birds of prey it seems are Owls.

mandela effect ? 

Have you ever had that trip where you are like the split light experiment where each version of you inhabits a slightly different reality from the other with a main one, being you, in the middle?  I have and I saw all kinds of possibilities while trying to transverse to the other realities.  Maybe what you saw was a similar experience where it went from right, to left, to knowing it shouldn't have been there in the first place and settled on your reality without it there as a result?