The Corroboree
fydesvindico

Free P. carthagenensis Berries (fresh) + question

Hey guys,

I love how generous this community is, so I thought i'd throw some love back at ya!

I've got about 40 fresh P.carth berries up for grabs, but i'll part with 6 packs of 5[berries] for now until certain. I'd like to send them out as they mature on the plant, which should be within the next week or so.

I'll also have a ton of cuttings up for grabs come springtime, which brings me to my question...

anyone have any experience with grafting psychotrias? any preferred methods? cleft/ bark/ whip and tongue? Should I be waiting till spring or should I be doing this now?

Anyways... First 6 posters send me a PM and i'll get them out as they mature

post-7606-0-60494800-1406895171_thumb.jp

post-7606-0-60494800-1406895171_thumb.jpg

post-7606-0-60494800-1406895171_thumb.jpg

maybe ask darren @ herbalistics.... he may know, i think i remember reading he was going to do that graft viridis onto carth.

i suppose he did that anyhow with the nexus X. Still sure somebody grafted them, could be done with a coffee plant i assume

Good on you, I would be giving out my seed if i didnt have a bub due!(and im half scottish) plant is so prolific at flowering im scared mines going to die due to constantly flowering :)

• Like 1

maybe ask darren @ herbalistics.... he may know, i think i remember reading he was going to do that graft viridis onto carth.

i suppose he did that anyhow with the nexus X. Still sure somebody grafted them, could be done with a coffee plant i assume

Good on you, I would be giving out my seed if i didnt have a bub due!(and im half scottish) plant is so prolific at flowering im scared mines going to die due to constantly flowering :)

Yeah, I remember seeing something on herbalistics along the lines of "good grafting stock" etc. I've been meaning to give it a try for years now, but finally have the time/motivation to give it a go. I'm looking at grafting viridis onto carth stock, The carth plants/trees I have are about 4 -5 years old now and are extremely large and hardy, I barely take notice of them.. they tend to look after themselves. I've a few varieties of viridis I'd like to give a go at grafting onto the carth, so am pretty keen.

I left these plants with a friend while I was moving around a bit, but have them back now. He reckons they've flowered and seeded consistently since I left them with him about 3 years ago now! So I definitely know where your coming from with the amount of seed these guys throw out! He didn't care much for them, so I've got about a good 50 seedlings that have self seeded in the large pot they were in too! too much carth!

• Like 1

i dont doo much grafting but a wedge graft and then tape may work?

I dont know anything about grafting,might learn one day.

I would love some berries,that would be very much appreciated

Very tempted... Note to self... Must use more self control, yes I really must...

I have a few friends that would enjoy some seeds. Will spread the love further ;)

PM'd

Any chance I could grab a few of these? I'd like to have a crack at growing these from seed :) pmd

I would be interested in some seed if there is any left.

The plant looks woody i would recommend WHIP & TONGUE GRAFT. As long as the grafting stock is in the family Rubiaceae it should theoretically work.

13 2

Here is a good link on W&T grafting as well as other common grafting techniques on woody fruit producing plants Edited by gr33ntea

If there are any seeds left I would be really interested.

Also i dont think i can PM. I'm a new member and might just be blanking a simple button :S

I would be interested in some seed if there is any left.

The plant looks woody i would recommend WHIP & TONGUE GRAFT. As long as the grafting stock is in the family Rubiaceae it should theoretically work.

Here is a good link on W&T grafting as well as other common grafting techniques on woody fruit producing plants

cheers gr33ntea, I reckon I'll go with a few variations, i've got enough stock to play around with, so I'll post my results here after anyways.

if you or anyone else wants any seed, there is at least 4 more packs to go, so swing us a PM if your keen.

hey guy's,

sorry about the delay, have had a bit of trouble getting down to the post office. seeds went out on friday, so hopefully they arrive early next week.

they were sent with the flesh on so I hope they're not too soggy by the time you get them, any issues let me know.

still have a few packs left if anyone is interested. back to normal hours with work so can get them out on monday if anyones interested.

will post grafting results soon :)

• Like 1