The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Maryoto

BORNEO rare fruit seeds for sale(Durio Sp & Artocarpus Sp)

BORNEO rare fruit seeds for sale(Durio Sp & Artocarpus Sp):

1. Artocarpus Rigidus
Local name:Tempuni,Kundang,tempunai,mendeleka(mendeluka),perian,tampang,tampaneh,tampunet,tapuret,jelatoh.
The fruit has a sweet taste with a slight mixture of sour taste.
Price : $2
DSC_0097.jpg

2. Artocarpus Anisophyllus
Local name:Mentawa,Mentawak.
Spread in the Malay Peninsula, Sumatra, Borneo, and the smaller islands in between.
The fruit has sweet taste.
Price:$2
th.jpg

3. Durio Kutejensis
Local name:Lai,Nyekak,Pekawai.
This Durio has almost no smell,has a chewy texture.
Price:$3
hdgh.jpg

4. Durio Oxleyanus
Local name:Kerantungan,Kerantongan.
This durio has spines that are a little longer than usual durian,one fruit has only 2-3 seeds.
Price:$3.5
IMG_20140717_125314.jpgIMG_20140717_125310.jpg

Send mail to Maryoto1981(at)gmail.com to order.

Edited by Maryoto
  • Like 1

Hi maryoto, unfortunately importation of seed into Australia is highly restricted so it might be hard for many member to buy or trade your seed. you might have better luck with members from other countries though.

Durian is definitely by far one of my all time favorite fruits, i didn't know it had a relative Durio kutejensis! what do you think of this one? is it tasty? is it as delicious as a normal durian? will they still be in season in about two months time? i will be in Indo in late september early october & i really want to try this!

do you know if it is also known by the names Lai,Nyekak & Pekawai in Jawa? if not do you know what they call it there & if it is easy to find?

terima kasih :)

Hi maryoto, unfortunately importation of seed into Australia is highly restricted so it might be hard for many member to buy or trade your seed. you might have better luck with members from other countries though.

Durian is definitely by far one of my all time favorite fruits, i didn't know it had a relative Durio kutejensis! what do you think of this one? is it tasty? is it as delicious as a normal durian? will they still be in season in about two months time? i will be in Indo in late september early october & i really want to try this!

do you know if it is also known by the names Lai,Nyekak & Pekawai in Jawa? if not do you know what they call it there & if it is easy to find?

terima kasih :)

Hello my friend,

Yes,it's rather hard to send seeds to Australia.

But i've sent kepel seeds to australia before,and everything is okay as long as the package weight less than 500 grams.

Ya,Durio kutejensis is tasty,and almost has no smell.

i think the fruits still available in next two months,maybe in south borneo.

But this fruit is native of borneo,so you can't find it in java.

You only can find it in borneo/kalimantan,it's easy to find the seller of this fruit.

Hi maryoto, thanks for the information! Well i have always wanted to visit kalimantan, unfortunately i may not have time on this trip but one day soon i will get there & try this!

i would love to grow these myself but unfortunately i'm quite a bit too far south to grow Durio spp. Maybe one day when i have a giant greenhouse!

I'm pretty sure I've eaten D. kutejensis, though didn't realise it at the time. Thought it was just a different cultivar of D. zibenthinus. Maryoto, does D. kutejensis have quite a thin layer of flesh around the seed? And a small fruit comparatively?

Would love to try those other species. I've eaten Artocarpus integer (cempedek) in Borneo, which was delicious.