The Corroboree
incognito

Pachanoi/pachanot farkin bULLshIT

If there's one topic that makes me want to vomit fricken blood through every orifice is this one.

It makes no sense to me. I've had so called experts tell me a pachanoi cut I have for sale is "true pachanoi" "pachanot" and. "PC"

Just so happens it's a pach I grew from seed, but this apparently makes no difference.

Two plants that look the same can have totally different parentage and genetics yeah?

What about genetic variability mannnn u cant label every cactus that looks alike the same!!!

What makes people

So positive every pachanoi cut out there comes from three different plants I could frivken scream... Or I can just not take part in Facebook trichocereus threads and sell my cacti there.

I dunno it does my fricken head in, If I can live the rest of my life without hearing pc, pachanot or true pachanoi I am well

On my way to inner peace. Rant over.

• Like 7

Late breaking news. We just received the Original Picture of Incognito at the crime scene, where he murdered five innocent Bystanders with a cactus! Supposedly a PC Pachanoi.

post-1140-0-13101100-1406098559_thumb.jp

post-1140-0-13101100-1406098559_thumb.jpg

post-1140-0-13101100-1406098559_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Fuk

I'd love to take to that "trichocereus appreciation " thread with a cuzcoensis "gnosis"

Sorry bad day combined with know it all know nothin punks. Think I'll refrain from the internet tonight!

Nah, feel free to rage. Just don´t hurt anyone. :wink: So, what happened to be the problem with facebook? Please point me to the Post. Tried to sell cacti and people were telling you they ain´t interested because they are PC?

Bah it's all good rage over discussions where conducted via pm. All I needed was a warm shower :F

trichos a tricho lol

• Like 1

trichos a tricho lol

This I disagree with, but hey, each to their own. Would you say that a brug is just a brug, bullit? ;)

As far as I have found out, "pachanot" just a name that Trout/Trucha came up with for PC (Predominant cultivar), so PC and pachanot are one and the same! (If you're in America that is, as that's the ones he was talking about) And since then each country seems to have tried to designate their own "PC" variety by which pachanoi seems to be the most prevalent in horticulture in that particular country.

I agree that there are ones that I am absolutely sure are not PC but they look a lot like it.

Only advice I can give you, just keep the ones you know are special close to your heart. If other people don't want them because they look "PC" to them, just don't sell it to them and stop worrying about messaging them any further. Someone else will end up appreciating your cactus more anyway. :)

• Like 2

This I disagree with, but hey, each to their own. Would you say that a brug is just a brug, bullit? ;)

brugs a brug dude i dont care. triple pink aurea gold ladysdress ..

anywho if i was gunna buy a trich i would rather the cross name . example pach x ss02 not a hybrid name of the same cross named four winged green mayhem :devil:

The point I was trying to get across with my "joke" was if you're growing something for it's beauty then I can see why people would steer away from what they think is PC pachanoi, especially if they already have what they think is the same cactus. Kinda like having a whole bunch of basic white brugs instead of a variety.

The point I was trying to get across with my "joke" was if you're growing something for it's beauty then I can see why people would steer away from what they think is PC pachanoi, especially if they already have what they think is the same cactus. Kinda like having a whole bunch of basic white brugs instead of a variety.

u on facebook lol single white or double white flower?? is the leaf variegated?? :innocent_n:

I know of a clone commonly labelled as PC that is surprisingly surprising.

You just never know ;)

You know what´s surprising too? Me, if this discussion goes any more into detail! :devil:

• Like 1

I'm gonna seriously hire an assasin on the darkweb to slay the next person in this thread to say pc or pachanot.

• Like 1

Russian or Mexican it's ur choice.

Better start advertising for two new supermods T.

• Like 5

I never new there was a Russian PC :), I have heard about stories about the Mexican PC :lol:!!

It sounds like in Oz it's more confusing..

In the USA we have only one "pachanoi" clone that is commonly found in people's yards - it's all the same clone - the "Backeberg" clone or "PC" - if you see a pachanoi growing in the USA in some random person's yard (and that person doesn't happen to be an acid-casualty and ethnobotanical geek like myself ;)) then it's almost always the "PC" clone..

Occasionally you'll find a one-off pachanoi type like how they found the "Juules giant" clone but those are rare exceptions.

I've often wondered whether it's appropriate for the term "PC" to be used in Oz or Europe because from what I see online it looks like y'all have a widespread variety of pachanoi types, and the one you call the "PC" isn't the one that Trout identified as such/the one we have here in the USA..

Edited by nitrogen
  • Like 4

Yeah, the term isn't really justified here as people like backeberg and Ritter spread a wealth of seeds here.And somehow, Australia happens to have a great variety too. Probably als because of the good climate.

first mistake was joining a FB Trichocereus page, second mistake was expecting any remotely intelligent conversation on such a page. Third mistake was getting involved in conversations on a FB Trichocereus page. Unless your intent was to be filled with despair & anger at the pathetic & mind numbing stupidity of what our species is becoming then you probably made good choices after all. Ranting about how sinister & banal FB is is almost as big of a cliche as everything else that is on FB but i don't really care. It makes me sad that this is the principle means through which most of our species now informs their reality. Selling your plants to pay the bills is one thing, taking that place seriously is another i think.

• Like 10

Hhhmmmm, that explains why you didn't respond to my friend request..

• Like 4